Turbo Jammers 3/16-3/22

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Hope everyone is doing great and ready for todays challenges! Checking in w/ CP3 for last nite and TJ 20 min this morning. On track for sculpt after work. I wish I could add some feed back avout the HRM but I don't have one yet ~ maybe when I get some "extra" cash (what's that??) i'll invest, :laugh:

Class has returned ~ back at it!!

I'll check in later:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in w/ PB&J and Ab Jam today....My friend returned my Ab Jam DVD, yeeaahh!!!

Sara and Kelly, hope you're feeling better soon (HUGS)

Amanda...WTG on the 2# AND the restraint at the restaurant!! :drinker:

Janet...WTG on your workouts!

Lyn, I definitely notice that I feel different muscles as the months go by. As I get stronger my kicks and punches get harder, squats get deeper, and most importantly...I think my form is getting better. I'm pretty sure that's where I'm really feeling the different muscles and it's so cool! :happy:

wmcnicol...my eating habits are almost identical to Lyn's. I love Kashi Go Lean on yogurt! And the websites she listed have great recipes. i love my fruits and veggies too and eat those as snacks along with air popped pop corn sprinkled with a little cayenne and salt.

Have a great evening!
    :flowerforyou:
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just had to pop on to say....I JUST BOUGHT A NEW VEHICLE!!! Woohoo! I'm so excited!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Amanda-WooHoo! Great job on the 2 lb loss!!! So proud of you ~ you're on your way:drinker:!!!
    The new ride sounds cool!! I love my SUV ~ not bad on the gas right now so that makes it nice too ~ mines not new (at all) but it's clean and it's cute, and it totes the 5 "4 legged friends around" so they aren't all in my lap!! Oh boy!!
    Drevans- Thanks again for the turkey suggestion and the websites. It will be fun to try something different. The last of the chicken goes tonight~ my poor husband, hahaha At least my veggies are different:ohwell:
    Ok, I am going to do 60 min of Firm's hardcore fusion(alternating cardio w/ weights) - I want a cal burn from my strength training ~ 60 min should put me at approx 260cals ( and hopefully help me continue to try to change my body) I just don't know how to log it w/o a HRM. I just log it as strength training to err on the side of caution. I don't know what's wrong with me that I have just becme so resistant to the weight and just want to do cardio all the time. I think I like the way I feel and knowing that I have just worked so hard. My soaked work out gear is like confirmation or something that I really expended some energy. I just had to write that down ~ now it's off to get after it:wink:

Hope all have a great nite and our sick ones are feeling much , much better really soon!!:flowerforyou:

Janet
  • jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Turbo Girls-
    I am always the late or last one for the day! LOL! Well I squuuueezzzzeedd in a workout before 1 am...LOL! I did CP1 and according to the HRM I burned 512 calories! I thought that was kinda low...for f all the jumping I'm doing! LOL! Anyways...off to bed...730 comes early with a teething 16 month old...hope every starts to feel better. I read an article a while back and it said that if you have the energy to work out while your sick, it actually helps kick the nasty stuff out of your system! Good Luck with that...cause I could never do it! LOL! I will check in a few hours! :grumble:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Jalley, with Janet doing her pre-dawn workouts, and you working out at midnight (and the rest of us in between) this thread is literally Turbo Jammin' around the clock! :drinker: :laugh:

I'm planning on CP1 and Ab Jam today...swimsuit season is creeping up quick (we spend most of the summer at our community pool) and I gotta get these abs ready! :laugh:

Catch you all later!
    :flowerforyou:
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Well, I did HORRIBLE yesterday. But today is a new day :) I did not work out last night. Got my vehicle, went to my parents to show it off and then boyfriend surprised me with a sitter and took me to meet about 10 of my good friends. ;) So we went to Chili's and I did horrible, but that's ok, treats like these are few and far between. :)

I am considering purchasing an HRM. And I am going to do a workout today, but I also want to incorporate some strength training too. :)
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Amanda-YIPPEE for a new ride and a night out on the town!

Jalley-I don't know how you workout in the middle of the night and then go to bed...but good for you. "Whether its 6 in the morning or 11 oclock at night" that's what Chaleen says right....proud of you for still working out.

Janet-I have to tell you (again) how much I love your new pic. Every time I look at that big beautiful smile of yours it makes me smile.

Megan-I'm sure your abs look great. I'm almost looking forward to putting on a swimsuit this year. No my body doesn't look FANTASTIC, but I've worked hard to get to where I am. I bought a suit about 2 years ago that cost over 100 bucks. Of course last year I couldn't wear it last year cuz I was WAY preggo, but this year I think the top will still fit but I'm gonna have to buy a new bottom. I'm 15 lbs lighter now than I was then.

Well it's the Friday before Spring Break and I will tell you what I am so STINKIN excited. I just keep telling myself..."you can make it, just one more day" The kids haven't been getting along the last couple days and I can't wait for them to be separated for a week...then maybe we will have a couple good days afterwards. Plus I'm sending my son to grandmas for the week and she will help whip him into shape. I have been feeling exhausted this week. My muscles are constantly sore, I don't seem to have any energy, and I sleep like a rock. I think my body and my mind are ready for a rest.
    I'm gonna do FB today and then see how I feel. Yesterday about 10 minutes into CP3 I was ready to be done. I was dripping wet and exhausted. I know I've been exercising a lot outside of my target heart zone but if I keep it in the zone I feel like I'm not doing enough. I was about ready to take some time off from exercise and obsessively counting cals but then I got on the scale this morning and it FINALLY moved. So I think my goal for next week will be to find a way to keep my HR in the zone. I am going to increase my cals though. With exercise and breastfeeding I should be eating over 2000 cals a day and most days I get around 1600-1700. This may be why the scale isn't moving like it used too. Trial and error and always pushing forward.

Kids go to school early today and get out early, so we are going to the park for a picnic lunch and some fun in the sun (suppose to be around 65 this afternoon, 70 before the day is over).

welcome_spring.gif
  • snarf1234
    snarf1234 Posts: 19
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Amanda-YIPPEE for a new ride and a night out on the town!

Jalley-I don't know how you workout in the middle of the night and then go to bed...but good for you. "Whether its 6 in the morning or 11 oclock at night" that's what Chaleen says right....proud of you for still working out.

Janet-I have to tell you (again) how much I love your new pic. Every time I look at that big beautiful smile of yours it makes me smile.

Megan-I'm sure your abs look great. I'm almost looking forward to putting on a swimsuit this year. No my body doesn't look FANTASTIC, but I've worked hard to get to where I am. I bought a suit about 2 years ago that cost over 100 bucks. Of course last year I couldn't wear it last year cuz I was WAY preggo, but this year I think the top will still fit but I'm gonna have to buy a new bottom. I'm 15 lbs lighter now than I was then.

Well it's the Friday before Spring Break and I will tell you what I am so STINKIN excited. I just keep telling myself..."you can make it, just one more day" The kids haven't been getting along the last couple days and I can't wait for them to be separated for a week...then maybe we will have a couple good days afterwards. Plus I'm sending my son to grandmas for the week and she will help whip him into shape. I have been feeling exhausted this week. My muscles are constantly sore, I don't seem to have any energy, and I sleep like a rock. I think my body and my mind are ready for a rest.
    I'm gonna do FB today and then see how I feel. Yesterday about 10 minutes into CP3 I was ready to be done. I was dripping wet and exhausted. I know I've been exercising a lot outside of my target heart zone but if I keep it in the zone I feel like I'm not doing enough. I was about ready to take some time off from exercise and obsessively counting cals but then I got on the scale this morning and it FINALLY moved. So I think my goal for next week will be to find a way to keep my HR in the zone. I am going to increase my cals though. With exercise and breastfeeding I should be eating over 2000 cals a day and most days I get around 1600-1700. This may be why the scale isn't moving like it used too. Trial and error and always pushing forward.

Kids go to school early today and get out early, so we are going to the park for a picnic lunch and some fun in the sun (suppose to be around 65 this afternoon, 70 before the day is over).

welcome_spring.gif

I totally feel ya... it's sooooooo frustrating when you work out so hard, count every stink'n calorie and at the end of the week, the scale hasn't moved. I've actually looked at the scale and thought, "noooo, that can't be right... I was good all week and worked out like I'm competing for the olympics". However, I can tell you that if you muscles are constantly sore, that you are building up lactic acid, which causes your muscles to become inflamed and will retain more water... 3-5 pds. So, you may be pleasantly suprised next week at more weightloss! I think upping your calories is important if you are feeling so exhausted. Eat more good carbs before and after you work out ... that should help give you energy for the workout and help prevent muscle soreness afterward.

Also, just wanted to tell Amanda that I get sooo mad at myself when I go off my diet. But actually, once in awhile, it is actually good to do that as it will keep your metabolism stimulated and not thinking it's in constant diet mode. You know, wrestlers, boxers and such will oftern take an entire week off, eating whatever they want, gain 10+ pds, and then go back on thier diet and exercise routine and it will stimulate dramatic weight loss - it's how they break the plateau.... so, one night off might just be what you needed.:flowerforyou:

You guys are sooo adicting... I'm really loving this blog!
    -- snarf.. aka Andrea
  • snarf1234
    Options
    One more thing... I have a hard time doing FIRM workouts now... the cueing and instruction is soooooo mundane compared to Chalean in TJ! I wish Chalean would come out with more videos...

- snarf aka Andrea
  • snarf1234
    Options
    5K Run Tomorrow!
    Pray that I don't have a coronary. I am intimidated by the "run" aspect... as I do more of a shuffle, hopping kind of motion. But... I really think I can shuffle my butt all the way to the end and get my t-shirt. I want that damn shirt... not sure why... but I do. My goal is just to finish...
    BTW... my motivation... I was hit by a car last April when crossing the street (in a crosswalk) by a car going 45 mph. Broke my pelvis, tailbone, ribs, bleeding on the brain.... I was a mess! Was in a wheelchair all last summer and couldn't walk on my own until September! I got SOOOO out of shape, I can't even tell you. Getting to where I could do a workout was a massive undertaking, and honestly... when I finally got healthy enough to do a workout tape - I was too depressed to go through it... then I found Turbo Jam. So silly... I wanted to beat up that chipper, well toned Chalene in the beginning. The only way I could get through the work out was by prentending I was punching or kicking her! Now I am hooked and look forward to seeing Chalene on my videos -- she actually makes me smile! She's kinda like my physical therapist... masocistic nazi.... I hated her too, then grew to love her too. :) If your wondering... my husband is a friggin saint... had to wipe my butt for three weeks before I was able to do it myself. I love that man... :heart:
    snarf - aka Andrea

I uploaded a picture of my shiner from the accident as my profile pic... told everyone i was in a bar fight!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Andrea,
    Oh my gosh, I can't believe everything you've gone through! (HUGS) It's amazing that you're Turbo Jammin' and running a 5K now after all of that...what an inspiration! I'm so glad you're here with us on the TJ thread! Best of luck to you on your race tomorrow!!! :drinker:
    :heart:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow, there's a lot going on around here! Me and my 3 yo son did the Cardio Party 1 today. He pooped out on me.:laugh: I finally think I know why my back is so sore. It's "The Wheel". Does this cause a problem for anyone else. This movement makes the muscles in my back move...I don't believe they've ever been told to move before and they are sooo protesting!:grumble: :laugh:
  • snarf1234
    Options
    Yeah, I agree... my back is sore doing the wheel -- it's a good workout for the entire core!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Orchid - make sure that you're still using good posture when you do it. I caught myself leaning forward when I first started doing that move & that made my back hurt worse. Shoulders against the wall!

Andrea - OMG, what an ordeal to go through! I'm so glad that you're healthy & able to even DO Turbo Jam! Geesh! Good luck at your 5K!

Hello to the rest of my Jammin' buddies! I went to TurboKick at the gym yesterday & then did 10 min. on the elliptical...960 cals! WOO! It was a bit of a crazy TK class, but in a good way! The instructor was Turbo Happy...as in I think we did a total of FIVE turbos! EEK! This instructor was a lot of fun, though. It was an hour long class & then she had a 15 minute ab class that was supposed to fold over into the TK class. I left. :embarassed: I got on my mat & we started with cross-crunches right away. I don't know why, but I just simply couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday...hence the elliptical. I think I was punishing myself for leaving TK early. :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Andrea-You are such an inspiration. Can anything get you down? That's amazing that you are doing TJ and now you are gonna run a 5k. Best of luck to you! (btw love the shiner pic)

Orchid-what Sara said...make sure your using correct form....but yes the wheel uses muscles in your back that you aren't used to feeling. Remember the tuck also to support your spine. Do the modified version and just move a little to the side (watch Mindy, she barely moves).

Sara-Shame on you for leaving class early :laugh: But look at that cal burn DANG girl! That's amazing.

I'm going thru a bit of a crappy spell. Like I said my body is so sore lately and I think it needs a rest. I'm not gonna workout this weekend....normally I do a workout on Saturday. Then hopefully I will feel better Monday morning. If I'm not driving to meet my parents Monday (it will be a 4-6 hr round trip) I will be working out, otherwise my body will get a nice long 3 day weekend. I did do FB yesterday. Oh that's a funny story...
    So I'm in the middle of a turbo (one of the first 2) and I somehow hit my glasses, broke one of the little plastic parts of the nose piece, and scratched my face. Being the jam junkie that I am, I just kept going. I'm blind as a bat so all I could see were these fuzzy pink things movin around the screen. Since I had the dvd on "music pumped up" version I could hardly hear Chalean's cues. I had to finish the workout from memory. My loving hubby is in the background laughing because I didnt stop to put my contacts in. He also thought it was funny that I had everything memorized. Good times :laugh:

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. My hubby has gone to ride his dirt bike with a bunch of guys from work. I'm thinkin about taken the kids to a movie.
    Laters

(I tried to correct typos, but I was nursing when I typed this so it was one handed...sorry if there are more than I saw)
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Good morning to you all. So incredibly motivating to check in and see you guys tickers moving on down and all of the hard work you are putting in. I'm very proud of ewach and everyone of you and i just wanted to say "thank you". You all have no idea how much help and ispiration I get each time post here!!
    Andrea - My Snarf...you're incredible!! What a testimony to the human spirit. To think you've survived thru all of that and are stronger on the other side is amazing to me. Thank you for sharing your story with us and I hope your 5k is fantastic!! Get that shirt,girl!!!! Oh, and you are so right about the FIRM dvd's; there are very difficult to push thru once you do TJ. The only one I do is the hardcore fusion b/c it alternates b/w cardio and weights for an hour. Wish Chalene would do one like that....
    Beans- You are hilarious!! 5 turbos!! Wow, you must be getting really strong by doing all of these classes; keep it up!! :drinker: :drinker: Hey, will you please post your website again? I need to get more gloves and I'd like to get them thru you (and see what else you've got on there :wink: )
    Megan- glad you're better and back to your routine:flowerforyou: . I look at your pic and can't imagine you unprepared for a swim suit !!! You are so beautiful.:heart:
    Drevans- I'm interested in the "Pirate's Booty White cheddar Popcorn" . It sounds great - we don't carry it here. I've been off the sweets now for 3 weeks, I think ..seems much longer:laugh: and I am dearly missing my sugar free puddings:sad: !!!! I seem to always crave "a little something " extra!! I added peanut butter to the snack list this week -just a taste ~ it seemed to help:laugh:
    I was happily surprised this morning when I got on the scale and was down to 168.8! Finally broke thru that plateau, yea!! It seems like I was in the 170's for the longest and the numbers just wouldn't budge(especially in the lower numbers). 18.8 lbs to goal ~ there's light at the end of a very long tunnel!
    Ok, now it's time for PK &J and Ab Jam!! Later some cuddle time for the Hubs and me. I love our time on the weekends!
    Hope everyone has an outstanding day and please make time and enjoy your families!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Janet
  • Dragonfly11
    Options

So I'm in the middle of a turbo (one of the first 2) and I somehow hit my glasses, broke one of the little plastic parts of the nose piece, and scratched my face. Being the jam junkie that I am, i just kept going. I'm blind as a bat so all I could see were these fuzzy pink things movin around the screen. Sice I had the dvd on "music pumped up" version I could hardly hear Chalean's cues. I had to finish the workout from memory. My loving hubby is in the background laughing because I didnt stop to put my contacts in. He also thought it was funny that I had everything memorized. Good times :laugh:

/quote]

Drevans- you really are a Jam Junkie!!! This is too funny and I so relate. When you are focused on a goal you just don't quit!!! :drinker: Hope the scratches aren't too bad. I can't wait till I've got the moves memorized ~ I still have to watch to check myself!! Keep it up!!!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,
    I'm feeling so much better about the TJ experience. My back was really sore for the first few days, but this morning I feel pretty good...even though I just worked out yesterday. I know some of you do cardio everyday, but I am aiming for every other day, since this is my first try at exercising I want to take it kinda slow.

Thanks so much for the advice about my shoulders. I am so focused on tucking the abs (I mean that's what I want to shrink,:laugh: ) I have to tell you that I'm glad I'm doing this at home though. I couldn't imagine being in a class, I am way uncoordinated. Sometimes I actually stop and tilt my head to the side as I try to figure out how the heck her feet are doing that?! Whatever it might be. :huh:
    :blushing:

hmm, I originally put c0ck instead of tilt my head to the side and it bleeped it out:laugh:
    I didn't need that mental picture.
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Checkin' in with CP3 and Booty Sculpt and Abs.

Janet...congrats on the weight loss! That's fantastic!! :drinker:

Sara...over 900 calories...WOW! WTG!!!

Orchid...glad you're not as sore, you're doing great!

Have a great weekend everyone
    :heart: