Replies

• kimray75
    kimray75 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    desk job -- medical transcription
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm a clinical nutritional counselor, working mostly with terminally ill patients. I'm at a desk about 50% of my day, the rest is either in the cafeteria kitchen with the dieticians or bedside. Love it!
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Own a traffic control company... if im not on a job site im sitting at a desk lol
  • doctor_mike
    Options
    Adjunct professor of education economics at a midwest university....
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I work in the Admissions Office of my college. I get to sit there & stare at computer screens for hours & enter prospective students data. Or label mail for hours. Ugh. Lol
  • MLAnniRoc
    Options
    I'm a freelance writer for Odesk.com. SO, constant desk job!
    I've been thinking about replacing my computer chair with an exercise ball.
  • mseancoleman
    Options
    I am a writer, which means I don't even need to leave the house... I recently took a contract that meant I had to be in an office and I started getting off the tube further and further away... Now I end up walking up to 3 miles each side of the working day, and am worried I won't keep it up when I only have to commute downstairs. Two months left of the contract before that happens though.
  • raines_eric
    Options
    Contact Center Operations Manager for a major hospitality company's reservation center. A lot of desk time (e-mails and the sort) but it's nice to get up and go out and interact with people in the call center as well whenever I have the chance.
  • sambustem
    Options
    Inside sales, sitting almost all day. Full time job, 3 kids and full time student. But...its life :)
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    IT Project Manager -- sitting behind a desk 9 hours a day. Although all the extra water I've been drinking lately get me up from behind that desk A LOT!!! lol

I'm also fortunate because I work for a health insurance company that has an onsite fitness center and has 15 - 30 minute classes throughout the day that they encourage us to take.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am a cashier in a grocery store. According to my bodybugg I burn 800 calories from lifting and walking around during a 6 hour shift. I also teach knitting at a specialty yarn shop. :) I am a full time student too so during school I have to be careful not to snack on vending machine things my 2 year old likes peanut butter and apples so I eat that as a snack too :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Software dev. I sit at a computer all day at work. This hasn't hindered any progress FYI.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I work as an Engineer (7:30 to 5:30) plus I'm a grad student (part-time and very recent, yay!)
    I miss school full time because I had to walk to class (surprisingly it was uphill both ways, with lots of stairs)
    I get to listen to my coworkers complain about their weight but they don't do much to change it (like eating better or joining me on walks [I'd rather not go alone])
  • i teach ballet and volunteer with special needs kids, respectively(:
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am also super lucky to work from home. For 18 years, I worked as a field social worker going into the cr@pholes of Philadelphia. Now I have a great job from home as a senior care advisor with a company called care.com :) I am so blessed!
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I'm a certified nursing assistant studying to become a nurse:smile: ...Needless to say when your overweight it's hard to point fingers at your patients and tell them to drink more water or eat a balanced diet! It's like look at the pot calling the kettle black:grumble: ..That's another reason way I started my weight loss journey!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Web design/development. 9-5 at the desk, but I've been overweight my whole life so no the job isn't a factor in my weight issues. In fact, I've done so much better since having this job because I can now afford to buy myself healthy foods :) Woo hoo.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm a substitute for Instructional Assistants. It's been pretty tough because I don't know from one morning to the next if I'm working, what time, what hours, what I will be doing. It varies so much, I could be on my feet all day one day, and sitting all day the next.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Medical Librarian. 50-50 on being at my desk since almost everything is available electronically. I am also a volunteer fire fighter.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    Race motocross and play soccer