Jobs. What do you do?

Options

Replies

• Healthy1Gregg
    Options
    Hi! No job. Worked as a job that I hated for 25 years.
    Took an early retirement in 2001. Since then, was diagnosed with cancer (from Viet Nam) and then due to the treatment suffered a stroke. So, staying on track is sometimes difficult. So managing my mental state to stay true to my eating and trying to get workouts in. This is a constant journey. Best of luck on your journey.
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and a full time student. I figured better late then never.. :smile:
  • Savagegirlt
    Options
    Secretary for our Church, and my husbands small business,
    Church pianist,
    mother of 3,
    volunteer 1 day a week at their private school,
    Mary Kay Consultant
    Babysit for my sis-in-law
    Bake desserts for a local cafe (cookies, cakes, pastries)
    (and no, I don't partake of the goodies)
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sahm and bartender @B dubs
  • CharmCityBella
    CharmCityBella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work a 9-5 desk job for a computer company, but even though I am sitting all day, I ditched my chair for a yoga ball, and I try to mix things up throughout the day. I recently started attempting to add 10 sit ups on the ball for every hour I am at work, and I also brought in little hand weights to try and get some extra reps in throughout the day. It's a huge advantage that I don't deal with the public and no one really comes to our office, so I'm definitely taking advantage!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im part of a group of ex-United States Army Special Forces personnel who work as soldiers of fortune, while on the run from the Army after being branded as war criminals for a crime we didn't commit.
  • marlanc92
    Options
    Cashier at a grocery store. Never do much except when I have to go into the aisles and check prices for people then I get a little bit of exercise.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    also sit at a desk all day.....work as ship operations manager...... 8:30am - 6:00pm monday - friday and always on call in case of emergencies on weekends and public holidays :-(
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Community support worker at a community mental health agency
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    This AWESOME company is doing great things, check em out.
    http://www.produceforkids.org/
    They promote healthy eating in kids and offer great tips and recipes :happy:
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. I have been for almost three years. I thought that I would stay at home with her until she started school, but I got a phone call this morning from an old co-worker telling me about a position that came open. I worked for this company for 12 years, 6 of those years were actually in this position in accounting. It was the only position I had with the company that I really loved. Now I am not sure what to do!!! Is three years at home with her enough? I don't know!!!
    I know that's not what you asked, I just found it ironic that I have this on my mind and came across this post...
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    IT - server Guy
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I was a Bin-man but I was let go due to cuts when the goverment change :-\ now im training to be a fighter to earn money from that :-) along with been a driver in a dirty white van :D
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    i have no kids, 2 dogs and i am a professional petsitter. i have a weekly client so i usually have work every week. I LOVE MY JOB! <3
  • Toni_Q
    Toni_Q Posts: 7
    Options
    Biomedical engineer, working daily in different hospitals with medical devices. I'm trying to stand as much as possible, but as I'm travelling basically every day from city to city, I'm mostly just sitting and driving the car.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    IM A MOMMY!! and i LOVE IT!! will never go back to my desk job! love my little guys too much!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Im part of a group of ex-United States Army Special Forces personnel who work as soldiers of fortune, while on the run from the Army after being branded as war criminals for a crime we didn't commit.

Nice van!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a freelance Illustrator (my profile pic is one of mine...) and also Artist in residence at a local school. I also teach belly dance on Monday nights :-)
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Full-time college student...in the midst of job searching
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I work on my feet all day I came here because I gained weight from not working