Jobs. What do you do?

Options

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I am the guy that stuffs the pimento's into the green olives...... its a thankless job.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy and I love it!!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    PhD student, so my desk is my usual position, too. Lol.

Me too!
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Worked in banking (investments) all my life until 2006. Decided to take a year or two off to travel on our Harley. That two years has turned into almost 6! But going to take a job for 7 months in the mountains as a campground host! So excited!
  • cmmattison
    cmmattison Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Desk job...I move around more than a "Normal" Desk Job, but I still dont move that much, and sit most of the time...I enjoy my desk job, but NEED more activity in my life....Unfortunatley staring at a computer all day makes me sooo tired, than I go home and take care of my 8 month old little girl.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer. Two books out for purchase and hopefully two more out by the end of the year. When I'm not writing I'm a mother two, soon-to-be, two little girls.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do see lots of desk jobs! I'm also at a desk 8-5 M-F doing administrative work for a university. Used to work retail, and never thought I'd miss it, but I miss moving around. I get an hour lunch and since I do have the privacy of my own office so I'm actually going to try to a few things in here. Isometrics, yoga, and brought in some 5lbs weights and a tension band. Also have a pair retired tennis shoes for walks around campus. I'm still pretty new to MFP (and probably on it more that I should be at work) but it is nice to have the support at my finger tips when I get the e-mail telling me about the doughnuts in the conference room!

I must admit my alterior motive for the post was to see who says they love their job and who hates it. I may need some ideas later on :-)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Quality Administration at a metal manufacturing plant.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Clinical Research Coordinator. Desk job for sure. Sometimes I see study patients. But sitting on my butt at work has not hindered my progress and success one bit!
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am the guy that stuffs the pimento's into the green olives...... its a thankless job.

I love to suck those pimentos out of the olives!
  • thenewmb
    thenewmb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a software developer so I'm at a computer all day.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Professional photographer :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I manually *kitten* zoo animals for insemination purposes. It's a living.
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I manage a wine tasting room. On my feet all day, but not moving a whole lot. And constantly tempted...
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    self-employed Consultant Ecologist on a part time basis. Survey work is outdoors but the report write-ups are desk based sadly (probably 30:70 in terms of time spent :ohwell: )

Also Project Manager at home (Y'know - child carer, teacher, cleaner, chef, personal assistant, laundry assistant, chambermaid, dishwasher, support worker and general dogsbody.) :wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Desk job for nearly 30 years. Health care data analysis.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Desk Job...Underwriter for Workers Comp Insurance. ALso had a part time job as a Board Operator/Camera Operator at a local Television station.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Full time student learning disability nurse, so I'm always on placements, and I work for an agency as a care worker.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    oh where do I start?
    I'm a full time college student, also part time worker in the IT department at the college. I'm a mother, health coach and advisor, and small business owner. :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    systems support/desktop support. I have a desk, but I'm usually running all over the building.