at what weight/size is it acceptable to wear a bikini?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Hey everyone.

at what weight/size do you believe it is acceptable to wear a bikini?

Discuss :)

Replies

• aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    I think women of all shapes and sizes should be able to wear a bikini!
    I'm not the slimmest of people but I flounce around in a bikini all of the time when I can!

It's about confidence and health, not necessarily weight and size. :)
  • onefourone
    Options
    Whatever shape or size you feel sexy in then do it. Who cares what others think? You only have to make yourself happy to be happy about yourself :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want whenever you want. If you're comfortable in one wear it. Other people's opinions do not matter.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Any size. Tend to wear pants of skirt with a bikini top though, just the bottoms feels too much like running around in underwear ha ha um.
  • asmithson19
    Options
    Haha - That's a good question! I personally would only wear one if I was a toned size 10 (Aus) or under but I have seen curvey size 14's rocking it with their confidence!!

Got my first one piece last summer, wasn't happy about it but I was a 12 so for my own piece of mind it had to be done!

Really good question thou, haha, I can't give you a straight answer!! :P
  • ghettosmurf999
    ghettosmurf999 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Surely It's acceptable to wear one whenever you feel comfortable wearing one?
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    when you feel comfy in your own skin..there are loads of different styles for all sizes x
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    any size, without question
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    To whom?
  • BrandiParsonRNC
    BrandiParsonRNC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree, whatever you feel confident at! I have seen an unconfident lady size 4 who doesn't look good and a confident size 16 who can pull it off and look fabulous! I tell my children that confidence in yourself makes you so much more attractive! If only I could live by that though! But maybe they will grow up with it at least!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think women of all shapes and sizes should be able to wear a bikini!
    I'm not the slimmest of people but I flounce around in a bikini all of the time when I can!

It's about confidence and health, not necessarily weight and size. :)

^^^ Totally agree with this!!

"Acceptable" is a horrible word!! If you have the confidence to flaunt your hard earned body, go for it!! We can't all look like Jessica-Alba even if we work our butts off to get there... :laugh:

I wore a bikini for the first time last October and felt GREAT! Yes, there were people on the beach who had much better bodies than me - but also those that had worse bodies...after the first 5 self-conscious minutes, I didn't even notice anyone else anymore, or even feel the need to breathe in (well...so much - haha)

If you feel like you want to wear a bikini - go for it. It doesn't matter what size or shape you are, as long as it makes you happy.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i have never been able to wear a bikini, but my mum who is several sizes bigger will wear one all the time! so i guess the answer is whenever you feel ready! xx
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    For me I will not wear one until I'm toned a size 6-8 UK but that's just because I have no confidence. I think it's all to do with confidence.
  • claire_90
    Options
    oh i love this!!!
    I'd say whereever you are comfortable - me personally ... never ever ever have , but I bought one for my trip to the beach in 2 weeks and am so nervous and excited, I keep trying it on to see if it's ok or not lol, forcing myself not to take any other bathers so I can't chicken out!

But on another note, every time I've been to america (4 times in the past 4 years) it blows me away how they don't seem to suck their stomach in when they walk! each person i've been with comments on it and the first time I thought everyone was pregnant! all the power to you, i wish Australia was like that but even the skinny ones suck it in 24/7. Jealous of how comfortable some people can be in their skin
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    It's always 'acceptable' but I think bikinis are most flattering on an hourglass shaped person and someone who's got a few curves. Also, there are a variety of styles of bikini which suit different body types.

I wore a bikini top and board shorts when I was heading towards UK size 16 (US size 14 I think, but I'm not sure) cos I still had a fairly flat tummy and shapely waist (and good boobs, if I do say so myself!). My thighs will always be my worst bit I think so I don't know if I'll ever get to wearing a bikini bottom in public.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The best thing about the beach is it is the great equaliser.
    There is always someone more perfect, then less perfect than what you think you are......just next to you.
    Who cares? Who's really looking anyway?
    Put a lovely hat and a big smile on and you are halfway there!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    As long as it covers what needs to be covered & you're comfortable. & you're not bulging out of it cause it's too small.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'll wear one as soon as some of my rolls flatten out ( around 180 for me) then I'll be able to wear a bikini with boy shorts. :)
  • Jessica_Sarah
    Options
    I'm a size 14 with a nice general shape but a horrendous belly. I can't see myself wearing a bikini until I'm a size 10, and have a washboard stomach.
    I'm not offended by anyone else that chooses to wear one though
  • saracoulson
    saracoulson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Whenever you like, I would never wear one because I've had six children including twins and I'm covered in stretch marks, but that'smy personal feelings, doesn't matter if you're a size six or a twenty six as long s you're happy wearing it