am Ithe oldest here at 55!!!

Options

Replies

• runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julie! I'm 53! Good luck on your journey!
  • jbudzins1
    Options
    I'm 67!
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Getting there. I'm 50 just joined this week. Have a long way to go. Welcome!
  • CofC86
    CofC86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Down a tall glass first thing after you wake up, before breakfast. Two down and six to go! Also, later during the day, squeeze a lemon, lime or orange wedge into your water to give it a little flavor. Hot tea has no calories either and that counts too. If it is herbal or green, it is good for you to boot! I am 48, btw.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    No, you are not the oldest here at 55. I am 61-years-old and proof positive that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Welcome!!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pocurran
    Options
    I will turn 57 on Feb 12th. I've been working out faithfully for the last year year doing 4-5 classes a week. Step arobics, kick boxing, interval training, and what ever else my local fitness center comes up with. I have developed more muscle than I've ever had in my life but I'm still overweight. I want to lose 20-25 pounds which will put me at the high end for weight watcher's recommended weight. My mid section is my worse part. Still flabby and I'm wondering if a tummy tuck is the only thing that will cure it. I have had 3 c-sections in my life. Has anyone ever been able to get toned abs from exercising after they had had c-sections?

I welcome friends and will cheer every on! My goal is to hit 60 and look great. I take a lot of inspiration from the older ladies in my some of my classes. Many of them are in their 70s and their bodies look great!

I'm hoping that the tracking of my food helps me shed those pounds and that seeing the number of calories I'm eating is a deterrent to eating them. I know when I look at a menu and it gives the calories for an item I won't choose one I feel is high. So hopefully this system will help me too!
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome. With all your mature people out there, someone should create a Mature Adult group. Your nutritional needs and conversation is likely going to be very different than most 20-30 year olds. You also might be able to escape some of the "immature talk" that tends to happen on the younger groups.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am 57 :drinker:
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I will be 56 in May! I certainly don't feel it and know that with the loss of some more of this extra baggage it can only get better.

When I first started drinking more water it was difficult to me also. It was suggested to me that I take a pitcher of water, add sliced cucumber, sliced lemon and some crushed mint and let it sit overnight. I though "yuck" but I tried it. Something about the cucumber in particular gave it this wonderful essence of freshness that I really enjoyed. After a time I just started to enjoy and
    look forward to the plain water. I think it takes some time for our palette to become use to things that are more clean after years of drinking the less healthy options.

Welcome aboard the mfp train!
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 - birthday next month too!
  • itburns69
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 34 but I feel like I'm 80.
  • redgrandma
    redgrandma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and one of my friends is 76, its never too late for healthy eating and a bit of exercise.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 57 and neve felt better!
  • scottlikescake
    Options
    I'm 24.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and nice to have you here! :smile:
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    No, you are not the oldest here at 55. I am 61-years-old and proof positive that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! Welcome!!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Wow awesome weight loss!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The oldest person that I have seen on MFP is 84!!!
  • barbrabw
    Options
    La Croix- flavored sparkling water!
    Love this website for keeping track- prefer this to Weight Watchers!
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 56, happy to be added as a friend if you want, good luck with MFP it's a great place to be :flowerforyou:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    There is another thread on here full of women over 50, and some are more over 50 than others! I am 57. Mary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/447364-women-ages-50-for-january-2012?page=9#posts-6288375