What is a Food your afraid of??

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could bring myself to eat bugs. Anything else though, I'd be willing to try!
    (and I've had some wacky "delicacies" so far)

...unless it's a fast food beef burger.
    Blech. I don't think I've eaten one of those since 2004. I just don't know what the hell is in them, and the last couple times I tried to eat one, I was violently ill.

And edited to add: My danger food is probably cheese. I could honestly eat a block of it like a sandwich.

Asparagus: favourite way to eat it would be brushed in olive oil with freshly crushed garlic, and sprinkled with vegetable seasoning. Roasted in the oven or on the bbq for about 12 minutes. Perfection!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    There are probably a fair few Kiwis on here who would refute my iodine snot conclusion to the consumption of sea urchin.

I suppose this is not the thread to introduce Moreton Bay or Balmain bugs.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My trigger foods are:
    Brownies
    Chocolate Chip cookies
    Cool Ranch Doritos
    Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
    Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream
    Lynwoods (or any bar style) pizza

I steer clear of them now all the time!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chinese food ~ every time I cave into temptation and eat it, I gain at least 5 pounds of water weight due to the HIGH sodium!
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any type of organ, to include the heart.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i am afraid of foods i shouldnt be eating because i cant just eat one bite of anything thats super good ..pizza , wings, subs, big fat sloppy cheeseburgers, and anything thats sickenly sweet as well as chocolates
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??

You can steam them, saute them with garlic, roast them in olive oil, or boil.

Afraid food: Breads - I love bread a lot but have actually cut waaaay down since living out on my own since it goes bad before I can finish it. Also: sweets (butterfingers, fast breaks, candy hearts)

Asparagus is really good saute with garlic (love garlic).....

Your afraid food is exactly like mine.........Breads...nice Italian bread with butter or garlic bread yummy........sweats dark chocolate, snickers and jelly beans............
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    eyeballs... I can do stomach, hearts, brains, liver, ANYTHING. but I have not gotten the courage to try an eyeball yet.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Any type of organ, to include the heart.

Liver in onions with white sauce? Love that.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i'm not a big sweets person but i love me some powdered donuts! i can eat a whole bag i'm sure! so i stay away!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    SUSHI! I keep saying I will try it but very scared! And mass quantities of cheese....this Wisconsin girl can definately overindulge in that!
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anything that could live underwater. Yucky. Also, milk. Drinking a bodily fluid from a cow... no thank you.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Any cricket followers on here? Who understand a two-speed pitch?

This thread is a two-speed pitch.
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am seriously creeped out by those mini baby corn cobs. I don't know what it is, they just seem so unnatural...like they should be on X-Files rather than in my food.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    mushrooms!! they really freak me out but i love the flavour lol a bit odd
    food that im afraid of because i will eat 10x the servings - doritios!! those cheesy *kitten*!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mayo, omg it creeps me out.
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    definetly the bagels with cream cheese i love them so much but idk if i can ever let myself have one again. i used to get one everyday when i was in hair school along with subway everyday at lunch and i never gained a pound! now i look at one and i gained 5! lol
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    90%of veggies and meat! Goal is each week to try a new veggie or one I'm not a huge fan of. Maybe trying to cook it different ways will grow on me! Fingers crossed!
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    90%of veggies and meat! Goal is each week to try a new veggie or one I'm not a huge fan of. Maybe trying to cook it different ways will grow on me! Fingers crossed!

That is a very cool goal. What have you tried, and what is on your list?
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm terrified to try pickled eggs. Every time I see them in the gas station I vomit in my mouth a little. Maybe they're delicious but I doubt it.

I absolutely LOVE pickled eggs LOL

The thought of eating Liver grosses me out! :sick: