What is a Food your afraid of??

Options

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of haggis but yum, it's sooo good!! Can't say I'd be keen on trying heart, brain, kidneys or liver, though... :ohwell: Thing is I think of stuff I've eaten and it's probably 90% chance I have, so I see no reason I should be apprehensive!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of haggis but yum, it's sooo good!! Can't say I'd be keen on trying heart, brain, kidneys or liver, though... :ohwell: Thing is I think of stuff I've eaten and it's probably 90% chance I have, so I see no reason I should be apprehensive!

True. Anyone who has eaten sausage, for instance.

Anyone who has ever eaten a cheerio/frankfurter would probably love to eat some offal after seeing what went into the cheerio.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I guess I used to be afraid of broccoli...the taste was fine and as an ingredient (like quiche) it was acceptable - I just didn't like the way you ended up with those little green specks all over your plate. I'm happy to say I've overcome this now and the green goodness is a firm favourite now!!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of, but about 5 years ago we went to a friend's house-warming in Bath. We thought it was no big deal but it was catered and waitresses and another margharita, madam and they had quail's eggs. Not pickled but freshly, I don't know, shucked? We dipped them in the proferred salt and they were delicious. Never had them since.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

True. Anyone who has eaten sausage, for instance.

Anyone who has ever eaten a cheerio/frankfurter would probably love to eat some offal after seeing what went into the cheerio.

Exactly! I'm not sure what a cheerio is, but frankfurter? Bratwurst? Currywurst? And then mince pies? And one time I had this meat paste which I'm pretty sure was a pate type thing.

Actually it reminds me of this story. I used to be a little more apprehensive about this type of stuff than I am now (not terrible, but I'd rather stay away from calamari, shellfish, stuff like that), but one time we were visiting family in India and they kept talking about this type of fish they called bumlacks or bombayduck (sorry if the spelling is horrible!), and how they had never been able to get it in winter before, but they were going to get it and have us try it, it is everyone's favorite, and naturally we felt we should try it, but none of us except my dad had any idea what to expect, and when we asked him, he said "oh, it's like jellyfish." ... *jellyfish*? I couldn't quite think of anything in the world that I wanted to eat less than a jellyfish, and neither could my mom or brothers, but we went down there ready to eat it. I almost felt like I was going to my doom but I was prepared to do it. We get down there, and there are these plates of fried things, sit down, and it's not jellyfish at all, it's just a *super tender* type of, well, you know the sharks that have the actual bone skulls? It was one of those. At that point I knew I could eat anything (provided I wasn't morally against it, of course!), and I was so thankful that it didn't have to be a jellyfish that I decided I wouldn't even resist it anymore. :laugh:
  • victoria233
    Options
    Veggie burgers..
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Not many foods I'm afraid of. This is one.

balut.jpg

ETA: no means disrespecting those who eat and enjoy this. It just isn't something I can imagine myself consuming.
  • Chaseasl
    Options
    Pizza, any kind, any brand, I just flat out love it
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sushi. I actually wanted to try it.... but then I saw a show called 'Monsters Inside Me' about someone who nearly died because of some parasitic worm she got from eating it.

Yep! Me too! Then I saw the same programme!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    pizza and hot wings. always a big buster for me, i can't stop once i start till i am sickly full. ahhhhh!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could eat Balut, ever....ever...ever! No disrespect to anyone that does, I just couldn't stomach it :frown:
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Fried Chicken and Biscuits...Can you say Calorie Debt?!
  • kimvich
    kimvich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me...Definately pizza and pasta..Cant seem to have just one serving:(
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I typically avoid empty, sugary foods, Thankfully I don't really crave them much anyways. Ok, maybe a piece of cake or pie every now and then ;)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Vanilla/Custard Slices, the one you get from Greggs (UK bakery) The filling is like 4 inches thick & looks like a block of lard with the texture of rubbery mash potato, I gag when I see them.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Prawns. Never tried them, but can't bring myself to! :sick:
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine is Asparagus....had it in my fridge twice now to "try" it but let it go bad using the excuse I don't know how to cook it...when really I am just a 28 year old chicken poop to afraid to try something new...lol Whats your afraid food??
    I used to be afraid of it too. Cover in olive oil a lil salt and pepper and garlic and roast at about 350 it is very good. can do the same with brussel sprouts and for the first itme in my life actually said I loved them!! haha
  • mhcyr
    mhcyr Posts: 4 Member
    Options