Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I mix it with bacon bits. :)
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mix it with tuna fish, chopped carrots, and cucumbers,peppers on a bed of lettuce with some bread sticks or pit chips.Yummy.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    why torture yourself? switch to ricotta cheese
  • marlee123
    Options
    i put in on vegetable lasagne instead of yucky cheese sauce. tastes amazing.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    mandarian oranges
  • My mom used to make these apples with cottage cheese which is actually pretty tasty. Cut an apple in half and take out the core, put a few tbsp of cottage cheese in middle sprinkle on top some cinnamon and cook at 350 degrees for about half an hour....after its done you can even sprinkle with a few raisins on top if you like!
  • Lucyinthesky88
    Options
    I think it's really good if you top grilled or poached chicken with it. If I'm in a big hurry for dinner, I'll poach a chicken breast and top it with tomato sauce and some cottage cheese. It tastes like lasagna.
  • padieane
    padieane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese with salsa. I make a lunch out of that with some crackers. I eat a lot of cottage cheese, I sub it as a side dish for dinner often as well.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese is awesome on triscuits, especially the flavored ones, add some cucumber slices...even better
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Id love to try it again but can't get past the texture!
  • rosebud8506
    rosebud8506 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a dab of maple syrup or honey, sounds gross but it tastes awesome.
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just a little pepper if I don't have any Pineapple in the house
  • mary92011
    mary92011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found a way to eat cottage cheese and I really enjoy it. I cut each orange section into small bite size and cut up green leaf lettuce and add the cottage cheese to the lettuce and oranges. To me it is delicious and really enjoy it. I am not a salad eater, but now I enjoy the salad. I hope you will enjoy this.

Mary92011
  • mary92011
    mary92011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found a way to eat cottage cheese and I really enjoy it. I cut each orange section into small bite size and cut up green leaf lettuce and add the cottage cheese to the lettuce and oranges. To me it is delicious and really enjoy it. I am not a salad eater, but now I enjoy the salad. I hope you will enjoy this. You can eat Melba toast with it.

Mary92011
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Add it to a little bit of the onion dip powder.. and use it as a dip. Yum!!!!!!
  • Ayreiya
    Ayreiya Posts: 10
    Options
    We cook eggs with cottage cheese and some salsa, but i prefer it with just a bit of tastefully simple spinach and herb mix and some fresh veggies. or just on a spoon. I have always liked cottage cheese.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it just with salt and pepper or sometimes tomotoes. This may sound weird, but try different kinds. I have found some brands to be gross, but I love Meijer and prarie farms. So don't give up on it, try a different kind.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't....can't stand cottage cheese. Blech!

I can't stand it either. I really can't see how people eat it.
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mix cottage cheese, a banana, a bit of splenda in a blender. YUM!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and pepper. MMMMM!

^ THIS! sooo good. also, it's actually VERY yummy with plain potato chips (which aren't so healthy, but hey! it's my treat!).

I USED to eat Doritos with Cottage cheese too, :laugh: