MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• adamsonam
    adamsonam Posts: 127
    Options
    First question about him calling...no

Second question about wife...the issue alone,no...you feeling that you may have been owed a call,yes.

Sorry,being honest.

^^^This
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just wondering..do you OWN your HS sweetheart?? Does she have some sort of obligation towards you after all this time???

Is there some reason your high school buddy should consult you about his relationship issues and choices?

Initially, I felt sorry for you for even contemplating on putting something as retarded as this into a public forum.

On second thoughts, it's your WIFE I feel sorry for.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Savage
    LOL, I was being silly. I've never been Mildred.

If I were to boil his pet bunny though, think it would make good soup stock? What would I log it as? Boiled bunny soup? Hmmmmm
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @Savage

If I were to boil his pet bunny though, think it would make good soup stock? What would I log it as? Boiled bunny soup? Hmmmmm

bunnyboiler surprise. extra calories if you leave the fur and tail on it
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @Savage

Extra protein? ~Would need it after the "boxercize"
  • Cateyxx
    Options
    Hey, you need a girl's opinion. No, he dosen't have to call you, considering it's been how long? And yes, your wife has a right to be pissed.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I'd apply the five year rule (similar to the five second rule for dropped food). One of you was dropped and after five years, you leave it be.

Your wife is a woman, she owns the hoo hoo, so she gets to be mad when she wants to be mad. Get her some flowers or plan a date night and reinforce that you know who you are married to.
    This guy knows women. Listen to him.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    What happened 18 years ago is in the past.....What happens in the present will happen.....I can see why you're wife maybe a little upset on the basis that if you're getting a bit flustered over this bro code in relation to an ex, then she may be feeling a little peeved. I know I would.

Why does a guy have to ask your permission to go out with an ex? Must admit, if he's still a very good friend to you then he should have maybe brought it up in a conversation but I wouldn't expect him to have asked permission to date your ex (from 18 yrs earlier). Moreso since you are settled with your partner.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it. Also realise things are done slightly different overseas. Anyhow, thats my take.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    so much for only guys...

Um, I wouldn't care if one of my buddies was dating my semi serious h.s. ex. I mean, it was so long ago, no one is even the same person anymore anyways... I don't think he needed to call you to for permission. Maybe just a heads up, you know, just in case he's bringing a date along to a function so you don't get blind sided.

Why would your wife be upset because of who your buddy is dating?
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Doesn't matter you broke rule number 1... you got married.
  • mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd apply the five year rule (similar to the five second rule for dropped food). One of you was dropped and after five years, you leave it be.

Your wife is a woman, she owns the hoo hoo, so she gets to be mad when she wants to be mad. Get her some flowers or plan a date night and reinforce that you know who you are married to.

I know I'm a chick but I LOVE your response!!!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    K, so I've been waiting for the "You've been punked" that doesn't seem to be coming...

When it comes down to it, most guys aren't gonna worry about that stuff years down the road. In all honestly, it probably never occured to him. That's just how guys ARE. GIRLS, however... -Now THAT'S a different STORY!

As far as your wife being upset? As a part-time woman myself, I'd be more concerned that you are referring to "bro code" to conduct your personal business.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It's been 17 years...why do you care?
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Savage

Extra protein? ~Would need it after the "boxercize"

...and perhaps have it's liver with some fava beans ...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl but I'm putting in my two cents.
    It was 15 years ago. You're probably not very close to the guy anymore, or the girl and you have a family of your own. I suspect the reason you're upset is that you are wondering if your friend liked the girl while the two of you were dating. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. You can't worry about it anymore. And yes, I think your wife has the right to be upset that you're upset - you are married to her!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I actually hope your friend marries your ex.

:drinker:

Oh my gosh, YES! If they get married, I think we should all come to the wedding :wink:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL! 18 years ago??? Really?? You should have forgotten the last name by now. Semi-serious?? There are no serious relationships in high school. My sister has been in two of them that lasted over two years, once she is still currently in and she could give a rat's *kitten* who the other guy is dating. She actually laughs about him because he has rebounded like 5 times after she dumped him as she gave him a social standing in school. I have legitimately forgotten names of people I've dated from only 5-6 years ago!

I think you are beyond unhealthy and I absolutely pity your wife that you are actually claiming ownership on an ex girlfriend like some type of cave man. You are MARRIED! Is your wife just someone you've "settled" for? I'll bet you stalk on your ex's Facebook profile too.

Gees man, you totally surrender any type of man card with this insecurity.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have spent nearly 20 minutes reading all the responses to this and it has made my night! Absolutely hilarious! Especially the "game recognize game", 4th grade Valentine, and bunny soup posts. ROFL
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    One thing I didnt see you clarify is how close are you with your best friend from high school? In my opinion, no. Extremely long time ago, not a big deal
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Relationship ended 17-18 years ago with your friend. Code no longer applies.