MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's been 18 years.....Hell NOOO why would you even care? You can't be a Bro anyway you're married!!! How can you take one for the team?? You can't, therefore your bro card is invalid. Part of being a Bro is being the faithful wingman even if it means being a kamakazi.

I didn't know "bro cards" existed...
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is taking this a little more seriously then even I am. First I'm happy for them. I'm more pissed that my bro didn't tell me. There are no unresolved feelings for the ex.

If my wife has issues with the level of respect I have for my best man friend that's jacked up. Cause she is my best girl friend. I guess I was wrong I stand corrected.

I still don't think she should be upset or even moderately ruffled. This isn't about the ex girl at all.

Dude,if this is serious then are you saying you wouldn't`t be a bit uptight if it seemed your wife was carrying a torch (not a fond memory of the past) for a previous boyfriend.

Think man..think and throw down the shovel here.

massive delta (oh wait, or is it steven?:huh: :yawn: )

Too late to pretend you didn't mean your original post seriously, looks more like you're trying to pull out of this mess because you realize how silly your behavior now sounds.

Seriously?? You actually brought this up to your wife? Why wouldn't she be a bit pissed off if you're still pining after this many years.

Again Seriously? It was HIGH SCHOOL!! It's 2012...why does someone in high school owe you an explanation on who they are dating nowadays? Why are you so concerned about all this enough to actually post about it and check in for our thoughts about it?

Above in your quote you say this isn't about the ex at all, but it sounds like that's exactly what it's about. "I'm happy for them."....Really? See from your first post it doesn't sound like you're too happy for them....

Come on now stop back pedaling and face if, you musta meant what you said as it came out of your post. I've never seen a guy so worked up about something that happened way back in high school that wasn't still in high school (or Jr. high).

Maybe it is an IA thing like the other poster mentioned.:laugh:

Cheers Steven! Careful now..don't get yourself suspended again though.....:smokin:
  • phendrick
    phendrick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Could help it, You know us women have 2 cents to add. If you are still good friends he owes you a call out of respect. But at the same time you are married and should careless.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Its more of a right of passage. One of the initiations is watching Dumb and Dumber until you can recite lines from the movie. Comes in handy when its just the guys hanging out. Then there the vigorous belching training. And once you finish the "Proper way to adjust/scratch yourself" at home course, you are given the holy grail..."The Bro Card."
  • LiquidSugarr
    LiquidSugarr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

Really?? It was like seventeen years ago.. He doesn't have to ask your permission, you're married... If I was your wife I'd be pissed at you too because if you care that much about some girl you dated in high school then you have some unresolved feelings or something..
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

This x 2
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

If you're serious, then here's my opinion:

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

And you would be all like "aight coo".

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Your wife might donkey punch you in your sleep.

Good luck.

Thank you and good night. That was the best laugh I've had in several hours!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    It's been 18 years.....Hell NOOO why would you even care? You can't be a Bro anyway you're married!!! How can you take one for the team?? You can't, therefore your bro card is invalid. Part of being a Bro is being the faithful wingman even if it means being a kamakazi.

I didn't know "bro cards" existed...

Opps forgot to quote. See prior response for clarification.
    :wink:
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

THIS

I know you asked for guys to answer but seriously, he doesn't need to ask you, you're a married man now and your wife is upset because you care enough to think you should be asked.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses because I am on my phone.
    Here is the list of times your friend would need to call you.
    You pee'd on her leg, thus marking your territory
    You had a flag surgically implanted in her head flying your national flag
    You gave her a kidney
    He needs the key to the chasity belt

Otherwise your claim coverage expired. Personally I think he is doing you a favor. Imagine that conversation. "Dude I am totally nailing your ex. She mentioned I was better. I emailed you a list of new things she likes to try now. Just giving you a heads up. Thanks for setting the bar so low for me."
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    um 17-18years is a long time man! hahaha espcially if it was like highschool or some crap... if i was hanging out with the guy everyday n we are best friends yeah id expect him to ask me out of respect as it would be something id do for him.. but i would be fine with it as i dont have feelings for girls 17-18years ago n im happily married now... .... but if its one of those "friends" u hang out with once every 1-3months.. then no i could care less...

n i think ur wife does have a right to be pissed about it as it seems u still have feelings for this "ex" as such a thing is bothering you IT that happened 17-18years ago!!!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

If you're serious, then here's my opinion:

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

And you would be all like "aight coo".

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Your wife might donkey punch you in your sleep.

Anyone who says "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?" deserves a donkey punch in the middle of the night..... :))
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Do you still talk to your best friend from high school? If so, I would say that it would of been nice of him to call you and give you a heads up.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW, i cant believe you even took the time to write this question. Its all a little high school and no offence...a little sad. Why should you even give a ****?

Use your time more wisely and instead of wasting brain cells thinking about this nonsense....go for a run! Go on...burn some calories!
  • PandomanLA
    PandomanLA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No, and Yes...Let it go dude...
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    is this for real? Some people have way too much time on their hands.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Yes, they all need to check in with you before proceeding with their lives. They need your permission to move on. Its obvious you are kind-hearted and level-headed for being willing to grant permission.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Hey! No chicks.

This is proof women just don't listen.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy, but it's been almost 20 years, come on. I'd say if you dated someone, even semi-seriously (whatever that means in high school), after a couple of years your friends don't need to ask your "permission" to see that person.

Also, I have no idea why your wife would be upset. By which I mean, I can't even begin to figure out what part of your friend dating someone you dated almost two decades ago would upset her.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters. Maybe if it was within a couple years after you dated her - but it was years ago, you've moved on and are married. No need for your friend to ask. And as a woman, I would be upset too if my fiance wanted asked "permission" for people to date his old exes. That shows he's not really over them, so I understand where your wife is coming from if she's upset.