MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    If my wife has issues with the level of respect I have for my best man friend that's jacked up. Cause she is my best girl friend. I guess I was wrong I stand corrected.

I still don't think she should be upset or even moderately ruffled. This isn't about the ex girl at all.

Wow, Not cool respect your wifes feelings dude or you'll be back on the market..
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

Your buddy should have clued you in, but has no need to ask your PERMISSION. It was 17 years ago.

The fact that you care? Yea, your wife should be annoyed. Id be annoyed if my man was pathetic, too.
  • Misty1984
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

THIS

I know you asked for guys to answer but seriously, he doesn't need to ask you, you're a married man now and your wife is upset because you care enough to think you should be asked.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    it's a respect thing, so you should have gotten a call. I've had guys ask if it was cool to date my high school girl. I t was kinda weird , but I respect the fact they felt the need to clear it with me. I didn't care one way or the other ,but still it was honorable that they asked.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    bahahahahahaaa that was funny
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

Really dude, that's not even a bro code thing, you weren't engaged or married to her and it was high school. You are in violation for being petty like a girl and attempt at involuntary c-blocking!
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW is this a series question? Get over it... Your married... The ex is single... She's fair game...
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You are in violation for being petty like a girl and attempt at involuntary c-blocking!
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Some people are taking this too serious. As far as the bro code goes, no he doesn't owe you a call. But the fact that you talk on a regular basis and that he's been going out with her for a month suggests he could have taken the time to let you know at some point during that month, not that he owed you an explanation or anything, but out of respect somewhat. And the wife shouldn't really have a reason to get upset about it, unless you were kind of mad about it when she informed you that they were going out and misunderstood this for you still having feelings for that ex, rather than you being upset that your friend didn't inform you.
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    epic-jackie-chan-template.png
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just read this thread. There's 5 minutes I'll never get back.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just read this thread. There's 5 minutes I'll never get back.

It actually made me feel like I was reading misc.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Some solid, well-reasoned advice in this thread. Love Carl's responses.

Isn't there a penalty just for using the phrase "bro code" after 35?

Or is that "brah"?
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    This.
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

If you're serious, then here's my opinion:

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

And you would be all like "aight coo".

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Your wife might donkey punch you in your sleep.

Good luck.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Good luck.

I wee'd a little.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    So, it is true about what "they" say about you people from Iowa - You really are too nice, or too dumb for your own good. Maybe that's why you picked Romney???

Just wanted to get that Cat Fight started.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Good luck.

^^^^ All of this...lmao. OP--You jelly? Sounds like something directly out of the Misc. section. Sorry, not a bro, but NO your friend owes you nothing and yes, your wife has every right to be pissed. 18 years??? Semi-serious?
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    because you still speak to him regularly, I reckon he should have mentioned something.
    THIS! If it were my best friend I would expect her to give me the heads up but not ask for permission
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    No and yes.

But I think you have a right to hear details to see if she still possesses the same skillz as back in HS.

:laugh: