MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It's been 18 years.....Hell NOOO why would you even care? You can't be a Bro anyway you're married!!! How can you take one for the team?? You can't, therefore your bro card is invalid. Part of being a Bro is being the faithful wingman even if it means being a kamakazi.
    Are you suggesting that a married bro is no longer a bro? I'm devastated
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    wtf kinda question is this? high school? when did you graduate?? 1970? time to moooooove on!
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    LOL the women respect the MEN ONLY, just as much as we respect the. MEN please don't add me
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I mean it is a little weird that that would not come up in conversation between you and your friend since you talk on a regular basis but this was so long ago maybe he honestly just doesn't remember. It is a little disconcerting that you care this much though.

This. I'd be weirded out if I was your wife and found out you care about this crap. Seriously.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    so are the 4 of you gonna go on a double date?!! lol

Actually we totally are it's going to be fun I think unless the girls start a cat fight.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1) Dude does not owe you a call.

2) Wife should only be upset if you display too much interest in your ex coming back on the market.

Bro code has spoken!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I disagree that your buddy needed to call you and I also disagree that your wife has any right to be upset.
    -wtk

I'm a gal but would like to weigh in on this (caught my attn, was different subject than I thought it would be.)

I disagree with you.

There may be a statute of limitation for your bro code, but out of respect, it would have been, IMHO only, the right thing to do, for his friend to at least mention it in passing.

Also, his wife might have a small beef with her husband - the reason - it's actually bothering him that his old ex-girlfriend is dating his old bf. To sensible, non-emotional folk, this shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. Should have been just a passing trivial piece of news. (The heart doesn't make common sense.)

But since the OP is making a bigger deal out of it then it deserves, I think his wife has a right to be a little tiffed at him.

~katie
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Dude...1st off....I'd be pissed off that she didn't consult you before she got married the 1st time. I mean c'mon...she was your HS semi-serious girlfriend. She should at least respect you enough for that.

I still have my Valentine from when we were in the 4th grade consult me before she goes out on dates today. She did give me a Garfield Valentine's Card and a candy heart that said "I'm Yours" and all. A contract is a contract!

Lmao you're hilarious.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    permission no....a heads up would be nice lol
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bro code shouldn't apply after this many years , Alzheimer's may even have set in . If it bothers you then maybe your wife should be concerned.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Dude...1st off....I'd be pissed off that she didn't consult you before she got married the 1st time. I mean c'mon...she was your HS semi-serious girlfriend. She should at least respect you enough for that.

I still have my Valentine from when we were in the 4th grade consult me before she goes out on dates today. She did give me a Garfield Valentine's Card and a candy heart that said "I'm Yours" and all. A contract is a contract!

Lmao you're hilarious.

Seconded!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I think bro code has a statute of limitation.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    I think everyone is taking this a little more seriously then even I am. First I'm happy for them. I'm more pissed that my bro didn't tell me. There are no unresolved feelings for the ex.

If my wife has issues with the level of respect I have for my best man friend that's jacked up. Cause she is my best girl friend. I guess I was wrong I stand corrected.

I still don't think she should be upset or even moderately ruffled. This isn't about the ex girl at all.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

I'm confused. Your relationship with the EX-GF ended 17-18 years ago, but you are still best friends with your HS male friend? For the sake of argument, I'm saying yes, you are still friends with your HS best friend.

No, he does not need your permission. WTF, sir. You relinquished rights to whom she dates, oh, wait, NEVER. You never had that right. You're not her dad.

That being said, he should have owned up right away, like the moment he began seeing her. I do think he probably knows you well, though, and I can see you blowing things wayyyy out of proportion, so maybe he was right to not talk to you about it...

Good luck to you and your wife, because it sounds like (if she is mad about all of this for some strange reason) you are well-suited.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bro code shouldn't apply after this many years , Alzheimer's may even have set in . If it bothers you then maybe your wife should be concerned.

I change my mind about what I said in terms of the wife. I guess looking at it that way, maybe she should be a little miffed. Its weird to still be this involved with people after so long!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I don't think permission is warranted but if a friend I keep in contact with was hangin with an ole flame I would expect(not demand) a "hey man guess who I'm dating"

And ur wife? Of course shell be pissed--that why we love them :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is taking this a little more seriously then even I am. First I'm happy for them. I'm more pissed that my bro didn't tell me. There are no unresolved feelings for the ex.

If my wife has issues with the level of respect I have for my best man friend that's jacked up. Cause she is my best girl friend. I guess I was wrong I stand corrected.

I still don't think she should be upset or even moderately ruffled. This isn't about the ex girl at all.

Dude,if this is serious then are you saying you wouldn`t be a bit uptight if it seemed your wife was carrying a torch (not a fond memory of the past) for a previous boyfriend.

Think man..think and throw down the shovel here.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

you are 36 years old. stop talking like that. you are not on the jersey shore.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    so are the 4 of you gonna go on a double date?!! lol

Actually we totally are it's going to be fun I think unless the girls start a cat fight.

Again confusing, why would the girls catfight, unless there are unresolved feelings, or your wife is interested in your friend....
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options

All in fun, man :)