MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• advan031
    advan031 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I personally would not care especially if I dated the girl ages ago and especially if I'm already married. This is taking bro code a little too far.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Guys generally take bro code serious. He should have called you if you two are still close friends then he should have out of respect. Im sorry because I know you are prolly shocked and betrayed alittle even though it was long ago. I am sure you are a good guy and would have wished them well and gave your blessing, its just the neither one of them told you. Ive learned most people dont think they owe anyone anything these days. I am old school and I think people should always show friends, coworkers, and family respect.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    BTW I thought the Bro code was no looking down in the mens room.
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    I can't just sit here and let everyone bash him. He really is a great husband and father. I love you babe!
  • Kadunker
    Kadunker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about if a bro takes walks without asking his bros to come along?
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think bro code has a statute of limitation.

agreed. he didn't need to ask "permission" in my opinion. 18 years ago is a long time.
  • drog2323
    Options
    BTW I thought the Bro code was no looking down in the mens room.

i think this in the Bro code handbook as well
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    No... and no... that's way too many years to be worried about it at all. I say best of luck to them.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I disagree that your buddy needed to call you and I also disagree that your wife has any right to be upset.
    -wtk

^^ This.

Why is she upset about it?
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I think bro code has a statute of limitation.

exactly
  • drog2323
    Options
    Dude...1st off....I'd be pissed off that she didn't consult you before she got married the 1st time. I mean c'mon...she was your HS semi-serious girlfriend. She should at least respect you enough for that.

I still have my Valentine from when we were in the 4th grade consult me before she goes out on dates today. She did give me a Garfield Valentine's Card and a candy heart that said "I'm Yours" and all. A contract is a contract!

Garfield valentine card. awesome.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Dude...1st off....I'd be pissed off that she didn't consult you before she got married the 1st time. I mean c'mon...she was your HS semi-serious girlfriend. She should at least respect you enough for that.

I still have my Valentine from when we were in the 4th grade consult me before she goes out on dates today. She did give me a Garfield Valentine's Card and a candy heart that said "I'm Yours" and all. A contract is a contract!

LMAO!! LOVE this :drinker:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ask your wife if your friend should have asked your permission.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Ido speak to him regularly but havent spoken to her in ages. And I don't care just at least could have called and said dude I hooked up with your old girl. I mean I absolutely hope both of them hit it off.

Seriously? Its over, dude! She's in the past....Your wife should be the only thing that matters anymore. I don't blame ur wife for getting pissed.
  • drog2323
    Options
    honestly. it was a long *kitten* day at work. and the responses on here are hilarious! thanks for the laughs. much needed.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

First, if this whole post was a joke then kudos to you because this is freakin' hilarious. Well done.

If you're serious, then here's my opinion:

Hell yes he owes you a phone call brah. Look son, dees bishes gotsta learn that we in the game brah. I mean, we in the game on the real.

Ol boy woulda called and he woulda been all like "Ay. Ay Dawg Ay. Y'all mind if I hit dat shorty from back in the day?"

And you would be all like "aight coo".

Game recognize game.

Ahem.

Did my post make any sense to you? Didn't think so. That's about how much sense you're making with your assertion that he owes you a phone call.

Your wife might donkey punch you in your sleep.

Good luck.

Oh my gosh I just choked on my mango chunk! HiARious!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    nope, that was soo long ago and plus you have a life of your own plus a wife of your own
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yep - its been a while since Ive laughed out loud at a thread!! Good times!
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would like an opinion about the following scenario.
    My ex girl friend from high school ( a semi serious relationship) recently got divorced. I found out today my best friend also from high school has been dating her for a month. (my wife informed me of the latter)

Despite our relationship having ended 17-18 years ago does my best friend at least owe me a quick phone call asking me permission. Out of respect. Which I would have granted.

Additionaly does my wife have any reason to be upset about this?

Going down this road is only going to bring serious issues with your wife if it hasn't already. I'm guessing that your wife was not at all pleased with your reaction. Additionally, is this "best friend from high school' still your best friend?
  • Itsallkungfu
    Options
    Time to leave town :):wink: