LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• andreacord
    Options
    I think it's so annoying when girls do that. I'm going to the gym to get a good workout in, not trying to look good.

This. I wear yoga pants and an old teeshirt, get in, do my workout, and get out. Mind you I'm not much to look at anyway since I'm still fat :laugh:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear nothin' but a sports bra and yoga pants...because then I've achieved my "DAMN YOU'RE HOT" goal...I don't mind if you stare, but I'll going to look right back like "yeah you want this, but I can kick your *kitten*" glare lol I can't help it, i stare at women that dress like that, I wouldn't mind the looks of appreciation...just don't get creepy!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I wear what I am comfortable in, as long as there is no comments or touching, they can look if they want. Not that anyone does gawk at an old broad like me, just saying in theory.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    AMEN! When I look hot, I damn well plan on wearing a sports bra and super short shorts to the gym 'cause dammit, I WORKED HARD for this body (in the future sense - still working hard for it).
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I do have to admit it's funny seeing chicks in full makeup at the gym, although I do put on a dash of Burberry - Weekend before I work out so i guess I'm complicit.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    meh if im working hard in a class or in the ladies gym where the weights are and i get too hot and sweaty i dont think twice about taking my vest top off and continuing my workout in my crop top like my profile pic. I dont wear tiny shorts with it though however haha just capris or joggers :) I dont do it for any attention, just simply too warm and need to cool down!
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    unfortunately im also not one of those girls luckily to get gawked at lol but if i was i wouldnt mind, hopefully at the end of this diet journey i will be ha ha ha ha
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I don;t know, I'd be careful with that. I have a couple of girls at my gym, that wear sport bra and tight shorts but actually do work out hard core. So at the end of the day, I am not too bothered by them showing of what they have... they've worked for it. I find you often see if someone is serious when you have a look at their footwear ^^
    We have those lovely all made up trying to be cute girls at the gym, hair curled, sitting on the machine and texting or looking bored... (I will not go into this any further), or the ones that are trying catwalk in oversized shirts falling off their shoulders and revealing lacy underwear (yupp totally sure they are serious about working out).

I am uncomfy in whatever I wear, as I think I look like the fat unfit blobb and to be honest, I am more irritated by people, who are trying to fit themselves into far too tight tops and trousers with the lovehandles and bingowings flapping out and about... but again, that's just me, I wouldn't do it...
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Personally I wear whatever the hell I want to the gym that I'm comfortable in to workout in and don't really give a damn about the other people's opinions. Of course, I'm sure you can tell from my photo that I'm not rocking it in itty bitty clothing but I'm also not wearing multiple layers just because I'm in a sports tank that happens to show cleavage (can't really be helped when you've got big boobs). I get freaking HOT in the gym and I'm not going to be dumb and compound that problem by adding on extra clothing. I tend to zone out everyone else in the gym and just pay attention to my workout. Get in, get out and go home.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Not all women who wear shorts and a sports bra to pretend they don't want the attention.

A lot of women (I was one of those women before I stopped going to the gym) and I wore those clothes because I sweated like a pig and wearing more clothing was not an option.

Yes a lot wear the clothing for attention, but not everyone,.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    meh if im working hard in a class or in the ladies gym where the weights are and i get too hot and sweaty i dont think twice about taking my vest top off and continuing my workout in my crop top like my profile pic. I dont wear tiny shorts with it though however haha just capris or joggers :)

you damn well deserve to wear what ever you want my dear! obviously you've earned it
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I was fit I would wear cropped yoga pants and a sports bra and everyone was right- I liked the attention but I wasn't a witch about it. I dreaded the hard workouts I was putting in and it was motivating for me to get my butt there and to know I'd get admiring glances by hot guys! (And yeah, I actually worked out hard.)

If girls are putting it out there, it's because they like the attention. If they are acting all witchy about you looking, they are just playing games. Stick with the happy girls!
  • soteira
    soteira Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AMEN! When I look hot, I damn well plan on wearing a sports bra and super short shorts to the gym 'cause dammit, I WORKED HARD for this body (in the future sense - still working hard for it).

I couldn't have said it better myself! when I get it, I am going to show it off!!! :devil:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    It's like the girls who wear shirts or pants/shorts with words right across the most interesting areas and then get mad when they catch you trying to catch up on your literature. Don't tell me you don't want me to look if you're going to put stuff right where it's most likely to be checked out.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I do not workout in a gym, I wish I had the time to do it, so I work out at home. However if I did, I would be wearing shorts and a sports bra. Damn right! I have come so far in the past year and love where I am at now. I am still working hard and will continue to do it. But I think it is nice when someone notices your hard work....even if is a blank stare or a sly grin. No need for these girls to get offended. But if you are gonna flaunt it you also have to accept people are going to check you out.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think this can go two ways...

There are definately the girls who go there all dolled up, makeup and hair done, and really don't do anything... talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill the whole time, etc.

But on the other hand, when you're putting in a lot of work, it's nice to show it off if you are so inclined, and it can be kind of a confidence booster when you have some decent looking clothes to wear to the gym.

Just my two cents. :)
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Funny to read all the comments! At my old gym..when I used to go to a gym, I was the only one looking like crap. I was practical, not sexy. T-Shirt and long pants it was. But...I was looked at as if I was a weirdo because all the other women were sexy in the attire. I was also the only one with a red face when I was getting off the treadmill... anyway, I ended up leaving that gym not too long after I signed up.

When working out at home, alone, I do wear a sport bra because it gets so damn hot but who cares, nobody sees me anyway! If there's anybody around, T-Shirt it is.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

There are definately the girls who go there all dolled up, makeup and hair done, and really don't do anything... talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill the whole time, etc.

But on the other hand, when you're putting in a lot of work, it's nice to show it off if you are so inclined, and it can be kind of a confidence booster when you have some decent looking clothes to wear to the gym.

The complaint isn't about what is being worn, but the negative reaction if you happen to get caught checking out the one wearing said clothing. If you've got it, and flaunt it, you have no right to be mad that it's being noticed.
  • lilRicki
    Options

The complaint isn't about what is being worn, but the negative reaction if you happen to get caught checking out the one wearing said clothing. If you've got it, and flaunt it, you have no right to be mad that it's being noticed.

they're just b!tches...nothin' you can do about it...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, at the gym, when they wear those clothes I assume it means they are most comfortable in that. If I was thin, I'd wear a sports bra, too because it would keep me cool. In public, it's one thing, but why should they have to cover up at the gym if that's what they are comfortable in? At the gym at the very least, you should be able to wear what you're most comfortable in without worrying about creepy guys ogling you.