LADIES: GYM ATTIRE; OPINION POLL

Options

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely that girl in baggy oversized clothes most of the time. i just find it more comfortable.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have no clue why women do this. I think they just want to be stared at so they can say they were stared and then have a reason to *****.

When I want men to check me out I wear something low cut, something short or all of the above. (I'm married but I do love to get looks from my hubby)

When I don't want any attention, no make-up, pants, shirt, and fully covered.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Those girls want to be gawked at. Personally I don't so I wear yoga pants and a t shirt. If I am going to get all sweaty I want to at least be comfy while Im doing it.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I wear either baggy shorts or baggy sweats and a hoodie, to make me sweat more... Revealing clothing while working out (or wearing makeup) is simply retarded.

Wearing baggy clothes just to make you sweat more is retarded. It doesn't make you lose weight faster you know. It just makes you hotter.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    meh if im working hard in a class or in the ladies gym where the weights are and i get too hot and sweaty i dont think twice about taking my vest top off and continuing my workout in my crop top like my profile pic. I dont wear tiny shorts with it though however haha just capris or joggers :) I dont do it for any attention, just simply too warm and need to cool down!

This!!!
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I do get to go, I usually wear a tanktop and jacket, and some sweatpants (the soft black kind with the white striped running down them). It's not overly tight, but it's also not too baggy. Just form-fitting. I'm really young though, so no one really ever gawks or anything.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Huh, well, I guess ladies who wear that don't want to feel ugly even if they are working out, particularly if they are working out not only for health, but also attractiveness.

On the same idea, who doesn't like to be "appreciated"? I totally appreciate shirtless males who have their fitness in check.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Lol. Good post. I don't flaunt it either. Shoot, i want to though. Personally i see girls with only a sports bra on, and think, unless you're gonna wear just a regular bra out on the street, don't be wearing just a sports bra in the gym. A sports bra is a bra! Not a shirt. But, personally i would totally dig getting hit on at the gym. It should be a total meat market if you ask me. You got single guys who like to work out around single girls that like to work out. Don't know why women get offended by it.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think this can go two ways...

There are definately the girls who go there all dolled up, makeup and hair done, and really don't do anything... talk on their cell phone while on the treadmill the whole time, etc.

But on the other hand, when you're putting in a lot of work, it's nice to show it off if you are so inclined, and it can be kind of a confidence booster when you have some decent looking clothes to wear to the gym.

Just my two cents. :)

The complaint isn't about what is being worn, but the negative reaction if you happen to get caught checking out the one wearing said clothing. If you've got it, and flaunt it, you have no right to be mad that it's being noticed.

Stop staring at me!!!!! Lol... I could not resist. :laugh: :laugh: And I agree with you. I think some of these women love the attention and love even more complaining about it. I dunno why but that is what it seems to me.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol

Haaaa love that, when I would go to the gym I would be on the eliptical sweating my a** off and this girl was there every time wearing little tight shorts and a sports bra and stood around the entire time and talking to guys and just walking around. Not ONCE did I ever see her actually do ANYTHING.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Not all women who wear shorts and a sports bra to pretend they don't want the attention.

A lot of women (I was one of those women before I stopped going to the gym) and I wore those clothes because I sweated like a pig and wearing more clothing was not an option.

Yes a lot wear the clothing for attention, but not everyone,.

this ^

When I used to go to the gym (I have a treadmill indoors now and cycle outside, so rarely go to the gym nowadays), I used to wear three quarter length bottoms, a sports bra with a crop top over the top. Not so I would get looked at, but because I used to sweat like a pig too and the bra and top would be enough support for my bust. A normal tee-shirt wasn't supportive enough.

I would be in that gym, do my training and back out. My phone would not even be with me, let alone me texting :laugh:
  • midnightland
    midnightland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is this thread for real? Are we really body shaming on a fitness site? Women are allowed to wear whatever they please without anyone else in mind. If a woman wants to wear shorts and a sports bra to work out in she's not "asking for attention", that's like the same stupid train of thought that says that some women are "asking" to be raped.

This thread is awful.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think people wear what is comfortable to them at the gym regardless of what others think. Just like when a person gets dressed in the morning they say damn I'm hot not OMG everyone is going to love this.
  • Indygirl6
    Options
    Agreed! Not sure how some women expect to really work out when they have to worry about falling out of their clothes! I go to the gym 6 days a week and it is to sweat and kick butt! I am proud of the fact that when I am done spinning or using the stairmaster other gym goers know I am "getting it done"!!!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have one pair of tight-butt capris. I feel pretty weird in them and am constantly tugging down my T-shirts.

The End.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I love looking at a beautiful woman but the better shape I get in the more I appreciate the women warriors in the gym
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Also, loving the sexism here, yeah some girls dress for attention, but to presume that they are because they're in a sports vest and shorts is sooooooooo disgusting.

A girl dresses that way to cool down, a guy drooling over her because obviously any girl with her legs and tummy out is nothing but an attention seeking sex object, and then the guy complains when the girl dares to object to the stares?

I mean, I know guys that take their tops off at the gym when they get too hot, and no one accuses them of being attention seeking *kitten*.

If I was confident enough in my body to strip down when I was too hot, I probably wouldn't appreciate being treated like a b!tch if I objected to guys staring at me just cuz I had a bit of flesh on show. It's your issue if you can't see a woman's body as anything other than a sexual object.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    do you mean the girls who prance around the gym and not do anything? lol

^^^^ this and the ones who do their hair and make up BEFOR their "work out"

Those girls irritate the,you know what, outta me. LOL

Like the ones who go to the pool with make up on and get in, then get super angry when you try to dunk them in...
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    if they are wearing skimpy attire, they know it. if they are wearing hot yoga gear and not in a hot yoga session, they know this as well... it's human nature to take a look if they've got it (or even if they don't). skimpy clothes/lots of flesh just happens to draw attention.
  • midnightland
    midnightland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also, loving the sexism here, yeah some girls dress for attention, but to presume that they are because they're in a sports vest and shorts is sooooooooo disgusting.

A girl dresses that way to cool down, a guy drooling over her because obviously any girl with her legs and tummy out is nothing but an attention seeking sex object, and then the guy complains when the girl dares to object to the stares?

I mean, I know guys that take their tops off at the gym when they get too hot, and no one accuses them of being attention seeking *kitten*.

If I was confident enough in my body to strip down when I was too hot, I probably wouldn't appreciate being treated like a ***** if I objected to guys staring at me just cuz I had a bit of flesh on show. It's your issue if you can't see a woman's body as anything other than a sexual object.

THANK YOU.