Replies

• QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    sf vanilla skinny latte
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have one sugar cube (15 cal.) and 15ml of cream (18 cal.) I'd rather drink 33 additional calories than use sweetener and coffee whitener. But I am a little suspicious of the health cost vs. benefits from sugar replacements.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I have two 8 oz. cups of coffee back to back in the morning. Each cup has 4 tbsp. of dry creamer and 3 Splendas. I figure the two cups together come out to about 90 cals. (45 cals. each). Worth it!
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    I have one really big cup a day.. occassionally a 2nd in the afternoon if I need the boost. I use light cream and honey; I gave up using artificial sweeteners after being harassed by my foodie friend, and then doing some serious research on it. It's really not good for humans. It's not water soluable so it gets stored in your fat cells, and it's definitely toxic as the levels get higher. Food for thought...
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    And how many cups a day do you have? I am struggling with this. I like my coffee with 2 splenda & powdered creamer (40 calories for the cup of coffee). I think it's fine to have a cup in the morning like this (I did before when I lost 50 pounds and it never slowed my weight loss). However, I am wanting like 2 or 3 cups a day. :indifferent: I just can't drink my coffee black.

It really kills my sweet tooth to have it and it's only 40 calories. Am I going to hell for having more than one cup? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Okay so, how do you drink your coffee and how many cups do you have a day?

I am going to read this thread when I have more time, as I am on break right now. But I am so with you on this. I struggle with this too. I always say I like a little coffee with my cream. If it can't be creamy and sweet, what the point.? (Okay true coffee lovers, out there, stop snickering. Hubby always laughs at me too!)

Anyway, my sweet hubby makes my coffee every morning. He makes it with almond milk, unsweetened and a cap or two of DaVinci Sugar-Free Hazelnut syrup (there are also other flavors) and about 1-2 tsp. of Stevia in the Raw. He steams the Almond Silk (nuke for about 40 sec.) and uses a frother to froth it. Then mix in coffee. It's not that bad, not as rich as the creamer is, but it is good. Some mornings I'll break down and put my powdered Sugar Free Hazelnut Coffee Mate in it, but it does add on the carbs, fat and calories when I do.

I'm right with you on this! I hope some of this helps!
  • hailyfoytik
    Options
    I've found that just a tablespoon of half and half is perfect. Multiple studies (including a recent one from the Journal of Nutrition) are coming to the conclusion that artificial sweeteners actually increase your risk of type II diabetes because it inhibits iodine uptake into your thyroid.

besides... real cream is delish
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    I mix it up but yesterday I just tried double espresso, tbsp of half and half and a tsp of honey. Most enjoyable 75 calories ever.

Considering I never drink away my calories, I have no problem drinking coffee every day!

I thought I was weird with honey in my coffee!!!!

I generally drink 1-2 cups in the morning with local honey. Use to drink it black but when I quit smoking I couldn't stand it that way! used Sweet creamers, but didn't like the calories! Ran out one day and decided to try local honey (for allergies) mixed in with it. Took a day to get use to it, but now wouldn't drink it any other way.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    2 coffee cups daily. No sugar, coconut creamer 1TB.

I use to drink several 24oz creamers with a little coffee splashed in.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Depends on the day.. usually one or two with fat free french vanilla creamer... in the summertime I like to let it cool a bit and pour in a cup of ice with a tad extra creamer.. Yummm Yummmm!!!
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    1- 16oz cup in the morning normally, w/ 1sweet-n-low and fat free French vanilla creamer. I love my coffee and would never give it up! I think my family, co-workers and preschoolers would hate me if I did!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I need my 16oz cup in the am. If I'm home I use French Vanilla creamer and I use it till it's pretty light.
    At work I use half and half and 3 splenda even though they say splenda makes you gain weight.

That is the one thing I just need, I'm NOT going to stress that one thing...until everything else is on point and I plateau. Then it will probably be quite obvious lol....
  • Tawilson75
    Options
    Venti Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte--as much as I try I am not a fan of breakfast...so right, wrong or otherwise I take my 160 calorie Venti coffee and the 15 g of protien it provides. :happy:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Black now,... I used to have a little coffee with my creamer:)
  • JustLena75
    Options
    2 jumbo cups a day, with cream and sugar. I have sworn off store bought creamer, as I found a recipe for creamer on Pinterest without all the crap chemicals. It's merely milk, sweet condensed milk, a pinch of cream, vanilla and some Torani caramel syrup. Yum.
  • MzParker34
    Options
    I drink about 2 cups in the morning. I use 2 tsp of FF creamer (20 calories total) and a splenda. Try using like a french vanilla calorie free syrup or a hazelnut.
  • juleea3
    Options
    I have currently given up lattes. I havent had one now in about a month. I love drip coffee with sugar free creamer such as international delight (french vanilla).
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink it the way I like it. I do usually 24 oz in a day if I'm home doing nothing (with splenda and Natural Bliss creamer).

But if I'm out and about, I usually grab another 16 ounces (with cream and sugar) on the road.

It's one of the ways I choose to spend my calories and I log it. I'm not really willing to cut back/cut down at this point because it's my happy place. Maybe someday I will graduate to skim or black, but not right now.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    About 3 cups a day with way too much FrenchVanilla creamer. 300 calories all together. I know I should cut it out but am not willing to yet.
  • js175
    js175 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 cups of coffee each morning. About a year ago I switched to unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Blue Diamond) instead of creamer. It only has 40 calories per cup. I use ~ 1/4 cup of almond milk in a large cup of coffee for only 10 calories!
  • I drink mine with just a single packet of splenda. I'm not a huge hot coffee drinker so I only have about 1 cup a week! My biggest weakness is iced coffees. I love cold coffees like iced coffees and blended coffees the most which is probably alot worse for you than hot coffee. >.<