Dating question for GUYS

Options

Replies

• shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I would not do it personally. What if he says no and has no interest. I'd rather figure out first if he has any interest...like does he flirt back or give a sweet smile. Bump into him on purpose and play it by ear. That's me though. You are a lil younger :)))

That whole, "what if they say no" situation is what we guys have to face every time we go to ask a girl out. Some of us are better at dealing with it than others, but there's always that chance they'll say no. Take a little voyage into our territory, it might open your eyes and give you a little more compassion for what we have to deal with.
    ^^ I agree. I will totally make the first moves and ask the guy. If they say no then fine, at least I don't wonder what could have happened. It is better to get rejected and move on with life then sit and wait for them to make the first move.
  • rudzud
    rudzud Posts: 24
    Options
    I'd personally be doing a happy dance on the inside. Love assertiveness.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Whatever works.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I would think it was adorable.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    try not asking him out.....give him a question with an escape built in to avoid aqward moments later. such as so are you seeing anyone??
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Do it
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from office romance. Nothing good comes out of it and I learn the hard way.
  • jeremysherriff
    Options
    Like a second-grader

4b91b75de1b67.jpg

More like:

"Would like to do coffee sometime... ###-####"
    What if he doesn't drink coffee?

don't overthink it
  • FidalgoGirl
    FidalgoGirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's like sales. If you don't ask, then you have already made up their mind and the answer remains "NO". BTW, love the note!!
    I should add, I am married and my husband and I met at work.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would be happy
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My ex asked me out. Totally refreshing to get an "I'm interested in you" from the begining.
    (the ex part was for a totally different reason)
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I wouldn't mind - nothing wrong with a woman taking that first step.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    How would you feel, if a woman slipped you a note, asking you out?

EDIT-

* Something like: "coffee sometime? ###-####"
    * we do not work together, he comes to my place of employment

I'd be open to it if I found her attractive. Carpe Diem!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I would tread carefully since you work with him.

I had a guy at work who was frequently coming into my office on his breaks to get a piece of candy from the bowl I keep in my office and he'd chit chat with me. I didn't think anything of it until out of the blue he invited me out for drink. I just didn't see it coming, I tried to play it off while not blowing him off and told him he was welcome to join me and my friends when we go out to our favorite bar every other Friday. A couple weeks later he pressed again, this time offering to take me out to dinner, it was really uncomfortable. Made more so by the fact that he got my cell number off my business card and was trying to chat me up via text as well. I finally told him I didn't want to mix work and fun. He backed off somewhat but then said he was just being friendly and turned it into me not being mature enough to be his friend. WTF!? Then he's asking if I have single friends and still chatting me up via text. It's kinds frustrating to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, this is just one bad experience for me. The guy I'm dating right now didn't have the guts to approach me and ask me to dance. If I hadn't made the move, nothing would have happened. I think a note is actually a pretty decent way to approach the guy, it leaves it up to him to decide what happens next and you'll have your answer either way without confusion or reading anything into it.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    oooo smooth, pretty stoked n would probably strut round like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever for the rest of the day

Glad to see it's not just me who does that :tongue:
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I did it!

Now to play the waiting game...
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I did it!

Brave girl!!!!
    I have my fingers crossed for you!! :bigsmile:
  • afv417
    Options
    I did it!

We spoke for 2 hours last night and planning to go out Saturday... thanks everyone!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I was dying to know , but didn't want to ask. I am glad for you. Let me know how it turns out.
  • afv417
    Options
    So we hung out for a couple of months until I found out his wife (who he was "separated" from and lived in a different state) actually does live at home and he talks to a third person too. Gotta love my luck...