Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options
So, I've noticed a lot of our common ground is stress, frustration and sometimes holding ourselves to higher standards than we would hold anyone else. For this reason, I dub this Challenge:

Be kind, unwind!

Yes, I want you to take a moment and be good to a very important person in your life: YOU!

Allow your inner voice to speak kindly. Ask your spouse for some "me time" and take a long hot bubble bath. Pick up a good book. Do your nails. Indulge yourself in some tiny little (not food related) way. You've been at this for 12 long hard weeks and you deserve it, dang it!

This doesn't mean eat your treats or not exercise or anything like that, but I know that you can at least take a moment every day to look in the mirror and say Dang I look good, I feel good!

Be kind to yourself, take a moment to unwind, and then get back to work. :bigsmile:

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So, I've noticed a lot of our common ground is stress, frustration and sometimes holding ourselves to higher standards than we would hold anyone else. For this reason, I dub this Challenge:

Be kind, unwind!

Yes, I want you to take a moment and be good to a very important person in your life: YOU!

Allow your inner voice to speak kindly. Ask your spouse for some "me time" and take a long hot bubble bath. Pick up a good book. Do your nails. Indulge yourself in some tiny little (not food related) way. You've been at this for 12 long hard weeks and you deserve it, dang it!

This doesn't mean eat your treats or not exercise or anything like that, but I know that you can at least take a moment every day to look in the mirror and say Dang I look good, I feel good!

Be kind to yourself, take a moment to unwind, and then get back to work. :bigsmile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lynnie, I need this challenge so bad this week - you read my mind. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I love this one, but it will be hard for me.. I am committed to doing something everyday, even if it is small. :happy:

thanks, Janie
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Oh, Lynnie, I need this challenge so bad this week - you read my mind. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I love this one, but it will be hard for me.. I am committed to doing something everyday, even if it is small. :happy:

thanks, Janie

Girlfran, you were my inspiration. :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Ummm...Lynnie? Where do I go about buying those sparkly pasties? I think Marla, myself & a few others are going to need them. :laugh: I'll put it right up there with my spandex pic that I still owe Nicky! :laugh: Oh! I did get out & enjoy the fresh air today, though! Bonus point for me!

I will try. Cross my heart, I will try.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* Ummm...Lynnie? Where do I go about buying those sparkly pasties? I think Marla, myself & a few others are going to need them. :laugh: I'll put it right up there with my spandex pic that I still owe Nicky! :laugh: Oh! I did get out & enjoy the fresh air today, though! Bonus point for me!

I will try. Cross my heart, I will try.

Heartspics006.jpg

I'll have to take B-- yipes.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :laugh: LMBO! That's hilarious. I was hoping for something in a star, though...:grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options
    sorry-- I couldn't resist-- :bigsmile:

pasties.jpg
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    How about these?

starpasties5.jpg

I think it's funny that when I searched photobucket for "pasties" I got several pictures of "pastries" :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - you're bad. You're gonna get our thread locked! :laugh:

Lori - Thanks! I'll have to order those. That's more my speed. The patries, that is. :wink: This challenge is going to an uuuuugly place. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's Andrew's fault for posing!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Lori - Thanks! I'll have to order those. That's more my speed. The patries, that is. :wink: This challenge is going to an uuuuugly place. :laugh:

Sarah,Marla, Lori......OH EM GEE !!!!! You know its not nice to make a friend who is drinking all of their water laugh that hard.

Lynnie, Awwwww I just finished the book Twilight today. Anyone else read it? I know its supposedly for Tweeners but it was good. Good challenge!!:heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is going to be an interesting challenge because 01) I am NOT wearing or buying any of those things! and 02) I am own worst drill sergeant!

I will do my best, I will, cross my heart and hope to die! :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's Andrew's fault for posing!

That is true. He needs to be told that if you don't want the world to see it, don't post it online. Geesh. :tongue:

Bobbi - sorry 'bout the water. :bigsmile:

Amanda - I'll yell at ya. Don't worry. :flowerforyou: Now, RELAX, woman! RELAX!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    thank you for this challenge :drinker: I needed this to remind myself that I need to take care of me also:blushing:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, this is a good challenge. I take care of Harley all day and when she naps I usually work out or get stuff done around the house. Dave usually does most of the taking care of Harley in the evening. (He usually gets her ready for bed, gives her her bottle, and lays her down.) But I find myself feeling guilty like I should be helping instead of relaxing for a few minutes. So I'll make sure to enjoy me-time better. (Plus I'll give Dave a chance for him-time.)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well this is off the subject of the challenge but all day I have really wanted a Coke to drink, a nice ice cold Coke. I decided that if I REALLY wanted to drink one then I would have to go ride my bike and burn 140 calories first. Well then for the hour after that I didn't want it anymore I wanted water, but now I want a Coke again!!!! :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    One thing I've learned, Amanda is to not hold food from yourself otherwise you'll just get :explode: You already know what you have to do to "earn" it so weigh the pros & cons & if you really want it, maybe just drink half of it & then dump the other half. OR, allow yourself one a week. I have to do that with chocolate. I get one organic dark chocolate bar at the grocery store & spread it out throughout the week (or 2 days like what happened this week. oops). That's just how it works best for me.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Wish I still had those pasties. Might help with the running problem.lol. Can't leave you people alone for a second. Great challenge. I will make nail appointment asap.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    sorry-- I couldn't resist-- :bigsmile:

pasties.jpg

Okay. That is the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time.
  • lynniejones
    Options

Sarah,Marla, Lori......OH EM GEE !!!!! You know its not nice to make a friend who is drinking all of their water laugh that hard.

Lynnie, Awwwww I just finished the book Twilight today. Anyone else read it? I know its supposedly for Tweeners but it was good. Good challenge!!:heart:

Dearest Bobbi,

I have a terrible unreasonable fear of Vampires.