Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Okay how is this for this challenge, :laugh:

We had a friend here today to help build fence and while he did the majority of the heavy work, my dh helped with what he could. My dh has a bad back and hip and his disabled. So I am out helping however I can and when I was wasn't needed I cleaned up the yard. Now we have two acres. I cleaned animal pens, putting wet hay on the compost, dugged up the duck yard and put soil amendments in it to help with the smell, shoveled that in, rake it, spread sand, raked wood chips, restacked firewood, the list is endless and I am not done yet. Then I came in and dID some housework and made lunch, then I promptly fell asleep on the couch at 3:45 in the afternoon. I don't take naps, so that is luxury. I fought the sleepy feeling as long as I could. I been up since 4 because of water aerobics and lap swimming so I was so tired. Then I thought of LYNNIE and went and put on my sweats, curled up on the couch and fell deeply asleep and woke up two hours later refreshed. The girls were excellent and it was a nap from heaven. DD was having a seizure when I woke up so I was feeling guilty and then I thought NOPE, NO GUILT!!!! :laugh:

THANKS LYNNIE!!!! :flowerforyou:

Way to go Amanda ..

BTW - did you log all that yard work in as exercise -- big calories there...

Team - in addition to working in my jeans and sweats yesterday, I got a 45 minute massage from my husband while watching the NCAA tourney.. loving myself (and DH) right now...

janie
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Janie Beth, massages are lovely, glad you go to enjoy one! :smile:

I just put it under general gardening on here, I am sure it was more calories than general gardening but then that is for my benefit.

Have a great week-end everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Happy friday morning all!

I would definately say that sounded like more than general gardening! lol.
    Marla- My apologies...the scale moved this morning lol. So according to the ticker I am a little more than half way to my goal! woohoo! very excited about that. Well I gotta get the taxes done and the DW's car fixed so I have a busy day ahead! lol Have a great morning everyone!

:drinker:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Marla- My apologies...the scale moved this morning lol. So according to the ticker I am a little more than half way to my goal! woohoo! very excited about that. Well I gotta get the taxes done and the DW's car fixed so I have a busy day ahead! lol Have a great morning everyone!

Congratulations!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Wwoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful, Andrew-- I'll lose vicariously through you!

Had a three mile run last night.....awesome.

Heading to grocery shop. Fun fun fun.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Andrew, that is great news. Congrats! :smile: Isn't it a great feeling to know you are on the downhill side of things (nott that this gets any easier I don't think) :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Congrats...that is awesome!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I just had a Cadbury Cream Egg-- yowsa-- only one, and I'm done. Counted the calories-- worth the run I have to do tonight to work it off--

later!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    WTG Andrew

Nicky, glad everything worked out

Amanda, Definitely was more than general gardening.

Marla, Enjoy the run.

Amelia, Sam, Janie,Sarah, Shuntae, Jeannie, Lori, Dave, Beth...and anyone else I missed...Hope you have a good day .
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    WTG Andrew

Nicky, glad everything worked out

Amanda, Definitely was more than general gardening.

Marla, Enjoy the run.

Amelia, Sam, Janie,Sarah, Shuntae, Jeannie, Lori, Dave, Beth...and anyone else I missed...Hope you have a good day .

And Lynnie...How could I have forgotten you.:heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I just had a Cadbury Cream Egg-- yowsa-- only one, and I'm done. Counted the calories-- worth the run I have to do tonight to work it off--

later!

Yummers!!!!! :drinker:
  • janiebeth
    Options

later!

remember the commercial with the white bunny that clucked like a chicken.. suddenly can't get that out of my head..

can't have chocolate - I know how horrible - but have a terrible weakness for any type of Peep.. bunnies, chicks, any color - love those bad, bad peeps...

janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

later!

remember the commercial with the white bunny that clucked like a chicken.. suddenly can't get that out of my head..

can't have chocolate - I know how horrible - but have a terrible weakness for any type of Peep.. bunnies, chicks, any color - love those bad, bad peeps...

janie

I warm them up & eat them s'more style. Well...I won't be any more, but I used to! Last year I was about 24 months pregnant at Easter & had quite a few of those Peeps S'mores. :bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    peeps.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Perfect, Lori!
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Lori - that is awesome....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sara - I showed the kids the microwave trick last year. They kept putting more time on to try to make them blow up.. :noway: :noway: great, future terrorists...says alot about my parenting skills..
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any Peeps at all this year and now I really, really want one.

Yummy in my tummy.
  • janiebeth
    Options

Yummy in my tummy.

sorry shuntae - didn't mean to start something..
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Sara - I showed the kids the microwave trick last year. They kept putting more time on to try to make them blow up.. :noway: :noway: great, future terrorists...says alot about my parenting skills..

I've never done that...Okay maybe I have. They didn't blow up though. They got to a certain size and then just deflated.
  • loreeb18
    Options

Yummy in my tummy.

I love peeps so I got 1 pack. They are 150 calories for 5 peeps.