ever been told you werent good looking?

Options
have you ever been told you weren't good looking? if so, did it bother u? or did you think they were an idiot..
a person who i used to hang out with just as friends - she told me that i wasnt even good looking.

it didnt really bother me, but i was shocked to hear her opinion so bluntly like that haha.
the weird thing is, now she wont leave me alone! she is blowing up my phone with txt and "oh lets hang out this weekend!"
she seems desperate now to "hang out" and i always tell her im busy - ill hang out with her as a group, but it would never be a date, i would NEVER date her because of her shallow personality and she kinda sluts it up....

its just amazing to me how much more attention i get from people these days as opposed to when i weighed 50lbs more than i do now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

anyone else have a story about how your fitness journey and weight loss have changed the way people treat you?

people that would have never given you the time or day to get to know them now want to get to know you, or maybe you've changed so much that girls or guys are intimidated to approach you or maybe you make them nervous because they like you lol.

im just curious to know your story!

*edit* also - did this help jump start your fitness journey?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds so conceited or maybe I shouldn't even post this, but no I've never been told I wasn't good looking. People should learn to keep their comments to themselves though, as in my opinion, every single person is beautiful. Maybe not to your's or my standards, but someone in the world is going to look at them and think, "OMG that person is absolutely stunning."
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND! Same thing happened when I was a little younger and with my cousins. I was the ugly duckling of the group :( Guys say I'm "hot" just to see how far I would go. I just laugh and tell them "yeah I'm more like luke warm"

I'm sad now all over again
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I've been told I wasn't good looking since we all had to watch that horrible video about the chances in our body. Purberty is a horrible thing. I'm still getting the "ugly girl" looks from people.

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND!

There's no way you are the "ugly friend", you're beautiful.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @horrorchix89 - im sorry but that is the worst response ive ever heard.

you are far from ugly! i hope you do not have that mindset that you are because you would be completely wrong!
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    have you ever been told you weren't good looking? if so, did it bother u? or did you think they were an idiot..
    a person who i used to hang out with just as friends - she told me that i wasnt even good looking.

Gosh, only every day of my life, beginning when I was around TEN YEARS OLD, by my step "family" and everyone with whom I went to school. It bothered me a lot then and it's still difficult today. It's probably what pushed me into years of disordered eating. :explode:
    The great thing, though, is that now that I'm a healthy, toned, size zero, I'm smaller, hotter, and look ten years younger than all of the girls who used to treat me like dirt. You see, all of that tanning and alcohol abuse from high school has caught up to them! :laugh:

ha, I "quoted" myself and can't figure out how to fix it. sorry.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND!

Thanks, it takes a lot for me to look like I do in my photo lol. 3-4 days of sitting on my butt in front of my mother while she braids my hair (she's slow but it's free). Buying new eyeliners once a month, taking just the right angle of a shot with my iPod Touch
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^ I thought the exact same thing when I read your post.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I heard it a lot as a kid and only a little less as a teenager. We'll say my self-esteem wasn't fantastic or even near stable until I hit 19.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I have heard guys in their groups comment "horrible" or "nahhhhhh!!" and even "fat" - all out loud, loud enough for me to hear when I have walked past them or when they have walked past me, on holiday and here in the UK.

All of them were British guys, by the way! :mad:
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options

it didnt really bother me, but i was shocked to hear her opinion so bluntly like that haha.
    the weird thing is, now she wont leave me alone! she is blowing up my phone with txt and "oh lets hang out this weekend!"
    she seems desperate now to "hang out" and i always tell her im busy - ill hang out with her as a group, but it would never be a date, i would NEVER date her because of her shallow personality and she kinda sluts it up....

its just amazing to me how much more attention i get from people these days as opposed to when i weighed 50lbs more than i do now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

anyone else have a story about how your fitness journey and weight loss have changed the way people treat you?

people that would have never given you the time or day to get to know them now want to get to know you, or maybe you've changed so much that girls or guys are intimidated to approach you or maybe you make them nervous because they like you lol.

im just curious to know your story!

Your friend (ex-friend?) is a dirty liar.
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I was hanging out with one of my chick friends and her sister and realized I'M THE UGLY FRIEND! Same thing happened when I was a little younger and with my cousins. I was the ugly duckling of the group :( Guys say I'm "hot" just to see how far I would go. I just laugh and tell them "yeah I'm more like luke warm"

I'm sad now all over again

People who look at you like you're ugly are morons. Whenever I catch someone doing that to me, I glare at them until they look away. Remember that the best revenge is to live well and look great.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

you are far from ugly! i hope you do not have that mindset that you are because you would be completely wrong!

Thanks :) idk how I feel about myself. Depends what I wear, how my hair looks, if I'm breaking out...yeah I'm weird I know
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    It truly amazes me that those that have commented saying they've been told they weren't good looking are absolutely stunning. You all must be around some incredibly stupid people. Wow... I'm still shocked.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hmm... just in December my boss (!) told me "damn, you're not photogenic at all" when he was taking pictures during the Christmas party. I made sure I let him know during year-end-reviews that I was NOT happy about his comments and my other boss made him apologize, but it still hurt - a lot.
    And I've been told several times that I am ugly, look like I am pregnant (I carry all my weight in my belly I think...) or once "oh... is even uglier than Felidae"... nice, thanks a lot.

Does it make me sad? Yes, but what's important is how my husband sees me and I believe he does not agree :)
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Thanks :) idk how I feel about myself. Depends what I wear, how my hair looks, if I'm breaking out...yeah I'm weird I know

hah i know how u feel when it comes to the depends on how i wear blah blah blah part

at work i dont dress up very much, i wear my glasses, i dont fix my hair, i dont wear my fashionable clothes...

when i work the clubs or go out i dress up! fix my hair, wear my contacts.. feel like a million bucks!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've heard it my whole life...mostly by guys who think they are giving me a compliment when they say something like "you're a plain Jane." Um...yeah. Thank you. I still remember being called a dog in junior high...I was the poor awkward stereotypical kid with braces, glasses, bad skin, greasy hair, and 5 inches taller than everyone else at that point. Oh well.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I think you're beautiful. Your "friend" must be jealous or something.

Thanks, it takes a lot for me to look like I do in my photo lol. 3-4 days of sitting on my butt in front of my mother while she braids my hair (she's slow but it's free). Buying new eyeliners once a month, taking just the right angle of a shot with my iPod Touch
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always got "but you have such a pretty face.." which is another way of saying "shame about the body!" which I think is the worst 'compliment' anybody can possibly give!!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    My friend and cousins didn't put me in the ugly friend zone, it's just when guys would hit on them and I'd be stuck to the side holding the bags while they flirted. Only time a guy looks at me is when I'm at the gas station and old men think I'm jail bait -.-
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Not to my face, but I once over heard my great grandma tell my step mom that I "used to be as pretty as a model." Does that count?