ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ok I was being a *****, but I mentioned to my ex-husband that a woman he was interested in was not really that great looking, and he told me " I walked around in public with you for 25 years didnt I?" I think he was saying I am not that cute LOL oh well, that is why he is the ex
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I heard it alot mainly in high school years. But I was also the "odd" girl at my school who had the super short neon bright colored hair. Lol.Even now, 5 years after leaving high school my hair is still short and purple.
    It's who I am, my crazy colored hair makes me who I am. Me.

Yes, it hurts and back then I wasn't good as hiding emotions or not letting things get to me.

I haven't heard it too much lately now that I've hit my "20's" But even if I did, I dont think I'd let it bug me to much now. I may not be gorgeous, but I dont think I have to be.
    I'm happy with my looks to a point, Just gotta lose this weight and I'll be even happier.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i was a dorky kid, didn't know how to tame his hair, too tall and lanky to be graceful, and between my buck teeth and braces and glasses, i barely smiled.

then one day i grew up, realized my teeth were straight enough, i kept my hair short, and that i was 6' 3" and had dimples. the girls that teased me back then don't tease me now.
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was never told I was not attractive or good looking but I can definitely relate to ppl treating you different when you loose weight. My friends became my enemies. Didn't even know and they would talk about my "obsession" with loosing weight like if I was mentally sick. I found out how it bothered them that I eat a salad next to them. **Also** when you loose weight you tend to grow some confidence to meet new friends and become more social. You're self esteem is high and you're not ashamed of anything. This was enough for my in-laws to spread rumors that I was "sleeping around". Seriously why do people have to freak out at the thought of seeing someone thinner. Thinner doesn't mean mentally sick or slutty.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    have never been told to my face am ugly... but have found on the internet on several occasions bein called every name under sun including ugly for rejecting men lol oooops
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was figured to be the 'ugly one' or the 'fat one' in the group of friends to give others the ego boost, while young teens

Late teens i was refered to by a few guys to have a pretty face 'shame about the body'.

I've been going to the same place for years, and met a fella elsewhere, turns out we have both went to the same place for years also, i got the question 'why didnt i notice you' reply went straight back to him and i said 'because i was fat'. He got a bit struck dumb with that.

Have bumped into a few people after a number of years, they never recognise me, only my voice, even the bullies are trying to send me invites on fb , its almost funny. Karma made most of them from skinny to majorly obese.

I have always prefered to be pretty on the inside rather than the outside, cause then the people worth knowing, dont care how you look anyway.
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been told this since i was a kid. And still am. I often hear ..you would be pretty if __________. Or wow..you werent a very cute kid/teenager.

I used to be told I was too skinny, big nose, ugly smile, boobs are too small etc etc

Now Im too fat, big nose (Im hungarian....its a part of me) too tall, boobs are too big (these are all me and thanks to 4 kids) etc etc.

I really think that other people really just pic at others to make themselves feel better.

I am learning to like me and hope someday I will love me. For the haters...you can all go and kiss my @$$
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i was mistaken for a boy a lot as a child. had a beautiful sister growing up all my life, and then there was me, the ugly "is that a boy or a girl" person...

then i was overweight in high school, i was rarely noticed...and i let my weight dictate TOO MUCH

was told "you have a pretty face but you just need to get to the gym"

made some bad hair choices

but somehow,, in my 20's..i got a lot better. but still, my mom recently said... "well i think youre beautiful NOW"

Now? isnt your mom supposed to always think youre beautiful?

shes a good mom, but thanks.. lol
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    No this is all they say:

Zoolander-zoolander-4247194-350-221.gif
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" that says hateful things.

She was complaining about being overweight to me and said "I would kill to have your body".

I said to her to keep doing what she was doing and that she has a pretty face, nice hair... etc to be thankful for....

She interrupts me to tell me that she would NEVER want my face. It's just not pretty.

WTF? Truth be told. This chick is butt ugly. I was being nice.
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been told that more than I care to admit. In fact, I am told almost daily that I'm not attractive at all. He makes fat jokes, calls me Moose, tells me that the sun and time have not been kind to me. Unfortunately he is someone I have to work very close with. Sure I could report it but that would mean that I have to give his opinion merit and make his comments even more public than they already are. :blushing: I do truly believe he feels comfortable making those comments because for the most part we have a friendly working relationship and he thinks his brutal honesty is comical. While it hurts, I have to remember the source. I have never been told I'm ugly by someone who really knows and cares about me. I guess there is something to be said about not judging a book by it's cover.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    again, i am really surprised at all the responses! i was expecting this thread to die early!

most of you say how you have been told you were ugly or whatever yet you have husbands and wives.. im 27 and not married... i think im single for life!

but i dont think something is wrong with me... im just sayin.. some of you guys seem to be VERY hard on your own opinion of how you look and you have NO reason to feel anything but GREAT about yourself!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yes, quite a few times. It hurts to think about it. What was the point of this topic?
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    again, i am really surprised at all the responses! i was expecting this thread to die early!

most of you say how you have been told you were ugly or whatever yet you have husbands and wives.. im 27 and not married... i think im single for life!

but i dont think something is wrong with me... im just sayin.. some of you guys seem to be VERY hard on your own opinion of how you look and you have NO reason to feel anything but GREAT about yourself!

27 is still really young...
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    My mother constantly reminded me how ugly I was, from elementary school all through hich school. She's a lovely lady.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    I think your pic is cute. 2nd grade?
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes, quite a few times. It hurts to think about it. What was the point of this topic?

to see if those mean words helped you start your fitness journey.. its at the very bottom of the topic.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Only alot.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I had a guy tell me I looked like Jobba the Hun.... or whatever it is. I can't remember. It was really hurtful.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No, I have never been told that. If I were, I suspect my reaction would all depend on who said it.