ladies, how much did you weight at...

Options

Replies

• NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I wore a 14 in college, so I was probably at 175. I'm loving this topic as I always wonder why it takes me SO long to change sizes! I'm down almost 20 lbs and still in an 18!! That's the size I started in! If I can land myself in a 16 by the time I'm down to my goal, I'll be one happy camper!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I was a little over 170 and wore 12's. Now I am 155 and can wear 10's or sometimes still 12's...and I lost 15 inches.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I got to my lowest weight about 7-8 years ago, I just about managed to get into a size 14. I'm 5' 7" and was about 190 lbs then, but my friend who is 5' 6" and weighed about 2 stone less than me then was also a size 14 so I guess every body is different!!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I was at my lowest of 150 I wore a size 12.....butt i will always be curvy...sooo prob around 160-170 i was wearing a 14
  • Sheila1968
    Options
    This definitely depends on how you are shaped. I am 5'7 and weigh 142. I wear size 10 jeans! (Most of my dress pants are size 8.) I hear girls at work that are my height and weight talk about wearing size 4 or 6! How is that possible?

I wonder that, too. I'm 5'6" and would LOVE to be back to 142. At 158 I am in size 12-14 right now in some clothes. In others I can still wear 10s. All the clothing manufacturers are different now. I still have a pair of size 8 jeans that I can wear, although they are snug. Guess I stretched them out!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    a size 14?

my mom was giving me some of her old clothes recently (she's lost some weight too), and they were size 14's. i asked her how much she weighed when she wore them, and she said around 160 or a little less. i was like... :noway: !!!

because i can where them all and i'm just over 190. and we're about the same height - 5'6-ish.

i'm so discombobulated...

I can't remem er the last time i wore a 14. I am 5'8 208lb and i wear 18 some of those are even tight. I hate my body shape
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 16 I weighed 190 pds but I am 5'3"...........so I'd say I was probably 175 when I was a 14 maybe????
  • 170to117
    Options
    I would say 170, because I was a fourteen prior to starting this.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm in an 18 at 269#, when I was at 225, I was in a 14. it is all in how your body is shaped and where you carry your weight. Mine is pretty well disbursed. My mom who weighs 180 is pushing out of her 14s into 16s
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wore a 14 @ about 210-220.. I am 5'11. I'm typically a 12 but will still occasionally wear one now at just under 210. It also depends on the store/brand of pants or dress. They all run differently!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I was between 195 and 205 when I wore a 14 comfortably.
    ETA: And 5 ft 6.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am currently 194 and wearing a size 18. My thighs are rather thunderous so I need to get larger sizes so they aren't skin tight. I do have a few pairs of size 14s waiting for me though. I think I was about 170 when I wore them last. All depends on your body shape.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am a size UK top size 10 or 12 (leaning towards a 10). That is a US 6 and 8. On my bottom half I can get into some UK 14 s but I lean more towards a 16. US 10 and 12. I have a very small waist compared to my bottom half.
    I never wear trousers so I am not sure about that. I weight about 166 and I am 5ft 6.
  • Xandralexa
    Options
    I'm 5'10" (& a half) and when I was over 200lbs, I wore a size 14.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It really irks me that the fashion industry has manipulated women into thinking about the NUMBER, not the individual shape of their bodies. Clothing sizes have indeed changed since "thin" became so linked to popularity, success, desirability...I used to manage a fabric store and made all my own clothes. A size 14 pattern was made to fit measurements 36-28-36. (no idea how it's sized now.) Who wouldn't kill for those measurements??? Now, it's considered a Plus Size... because people don't like double-digit sizes? There didn't used to be a size "0" . Small was 8-10, medium 12-14, large 16-18. Plus sizes began with 20. (I'm referencing this to the 1970's.... way before the time of many of you!)

Personally? Size 14 is my goal. I wore it from ages 14 thru my late 20's, at a 140-150# ( I'm 5'5")

This is may have strayed from the topic, but it's one of those issues that makes my blood boil... pardon the rant! ;-)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It really irks me that the fashion industry has manipulated women into thinking about the NUMBER, not the individual shape of their bodies. Clothing sizes have indeed changed since "thin" became so linked to popularity, success, desirability...I used to manage a fabric store and made all my own clothes. A size 14 pattern was made to fit measurements 36-28-36. (no idea how it's sized now.) Who wouldn't kill for those measurements??? Now, it's considered a Plus Size... because people don't like double-digit sizes? There didn't used to be a size "0" . Small was 8-10, medium 12-14, large 16-18. Plus sizes began with 20. (I'm referencing this to the 1970's.... way before the time of many of you!)

Personally? Size 14 is my goal. I wore it from ages 14 thru my late 20's, at a 140-150# ( I'm 5'5")

This is may have strayed from the topic, but it's one of those issues that makes my blood boil... pardon the rant! ;-)

^^ So True. I weighed 140 - 150 (I'm 5'4") and recall squeezing into size 10/12. But, 14 was more realistic, and the clothes would have draped better. Oh yes, and my measurements were: 37-25-38. These comments are about American sizing.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Are we talking UK or american sizes here? I hope we're talking american because I'm 5'6 and 147lbs and I wear UK size 14 jeans (size 10 american).
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Here's a helpful chart:

http://i.imgur.com/8aNQT.png
  • bonnienieman
    Options
    at size 14, i weighed about 190. I am 5ft 10 inches tall, and now weigh 165, and i wear a size 10!!!!
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I wore a 14 in college, so I was probably at 175. I'm loving this topic as I always wonder why it takes me SO long to change sizes! I'm down almost 20 lbs and still in an 18!! That's the size I started in! If I can land myself in a 16 by the time I'm down to my goal, I'll be one happy camper!
    i am 5'7" btw!