Cat or Dog?

Options

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cat...yet, but I grew up with 2 Siamese cats that were awesome. I haven't had a cat in, oh, 20+ years since I'm allergic. But I've been getting shots for 2 1/2 years, so hopeful that we can get one very soon.

....and....we will be getting a Chinchilla very soon for my daughter. Lord help us....
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    2 cats - ben and smudge
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I used to only like dogs....until we got our cat, who is like a dog himself. His name is Rocky, and he's a Ragdoll. Follows us around EVERYWHERE & greets us at the door when we come home from work. I call him my little Cat-Dog! Not to mention, he weighs 17 lbs., and isn't done growing.....
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Dogs - I have 2
  • andreacord
    Options
    Dog lover. I like Cats but I don't think I could own one. I have a Golden at home who's almost five and he digs running with me .. you can't run with a cat theoretically.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Definitely a cat person. But I love dogs too. Had a couple dogs. I now have 3 cats and that's the most I'll own! I've drawn a line...
  • toonarmytaylor1
    Options
    I have a Fox Red Labrador called Roxy.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    2 cats, 1 hamster and 2 guinea pig's.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Birds. We have birds.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog person, I will tolerate cats though. I'm hoping to move to my family farm and when I do I will absolutely have cats because there are a ton of little critters.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have one cat now, a boy. He is afraid of almost everyone, but he loves me. As I write this, he is sleeping on the sofa next to me. He was a stray I took in, and he's been grateful ever since.

My first cat was a goodwill ambassador for her species. People who said they hated cats fell in love with her. She greeted everyone who came into my house and she was very loving to everyone. I miss her.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I have four dogs. We had two, then I really wanted a corgi (have for years...) so after 6 months of searching, I found one at the pound. He had a sister who was also there with him. They were 6 years old and I did not want to split them up, so I adopted both. I do my best to take care of all four but it is a lot of work. The work is made easier when I remember how thrilled George and Ellie were to see each other after weeks of being locked away in separate kennels. They probably never would have seen each other again had I not adopted both of them.

The irresponsible neighbors next door let their cat have TWO litters of kittens, now there are 7 cats outside. They are sweet, I love on them when I see them, but I really hate their paw prints on my new car T__T

Wish they would take them to the pound. Tried to find no-kill shelters for them but all are full.

If anyone is looking to adopt, please do so from a shelter. Save a life!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've got two cats, but I love dogs too. Just never had a dogs. :(
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love them all. Cats, dogs, chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits, horses, mules, etc etc etc. Pretty much anything except a bird.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of animals. I currently own 1 labrador mix, 1 mastiff mix, 1 betta fish, & 2 ferrets. At 1 point I had 2 dogs, 2 turtles, 2 fish, & a baby bird. My house is like Dr. Doolittle resides here!
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog person. I'm dying to get another dog when I have more time to care for it. Right now I have 8 gold fish --not cuddly but they are calming to watch.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Both! I have a cat and a dog, and I love them both for being totally different.
    Though the cat doesn't steal and eat my homemade loaf of bread off the kitchen counter..... :mad:

Yes, both. One of my cat does drink out of my water glass though, so I probably don't actually get as much as I log! ;-) I am told that some simply don't like animals, but it's beyond me. Seriously, people who don't have pets don't know what they're missing.... I am lucky enough to have had pets and livestock all my life, so I can't imagine a life w/o them. And I'm a pet sitter by profession, so I get to enjoy other peoples' pets, too!

I have cats, dogs, chickens, llamas... and am newly horseless for the first time in my life!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have two jack russells a grey tabby cat and a black cat. love them all. it is always hard when they pass on but what you gain from having them in your life is worth the heartache at the end.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    both..we have 2 cats. i do some volunteer work at our local animal shelter.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Cat, I had to put her down yesterday. RIP MIs Marbles!!