Please help me get this cottage cheese down :)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    Why eat it if you dont like it? I dont like it either and the ONLY way I will eat it is in lasagna..
  • m1zk0
    m1zk0 Posts: 9
    Options
    i love cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes, drained tuna, and spinach! it makes a very tasty salad. I also think the quality of the cottage cheese really matters - I think it's worth it to spend a few more dollars on a high quality cottage cheese, as it makes eating it much more pleasurable.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Eat smaller portions of it at a time. Instead of eating 1/2 cup in one sitting, break it up into 1/4.

ALso, like others suggested, mix fruit, nuts, seasonings into it. It will help.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have not read the entire thread so I am not sure if this was mentioned already...trying this recipe tonight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/396442-crustless-spinach-pie
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lasagna

...my wife (of Italian descent) would have you strung up for this...

Lasagna should be made with Ricotta

Should be yes...I used to work at a restaurant where they used cottage cheese(mixed with eggs and fresh pepper) in their lasanga and no one ever knew it was not ricotta.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people do what I'm about to do...which is to answer a question not asked, but...

Why do you want to choke down cottage cheese if you don't like it? Particularly if its the texture you don't like, what about yogurt? Or a dairy based smoothie?

this
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Lasagna

Let her string me up too. Gag ricotta or cottage cheese. I would rather endure the pain of being strung up than putting one bite of either in my mouth!

:laugh:
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lasagna

I use cottage cheese in lasagna also- I mix cottage cheese and ricotta- tastes great and is a little more healthy with added protein.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, this has cottage cheese in it.

http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/12/peppermint-bark-protein-shake/
  • lorlet
    lorlet Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you like the texture of pudding? If so, whip the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and add a few stawberries. If you wish to sweeten it, add half a packet of sweetner, or a scoop of protein powder. I do this with a full 500 ml container which I refill with the whipped mixture and then have about a half cup for desert or snack. Yum! :happy:

mint idea!!!

Thanks. :happy:
  • crystalcamfield
    Options
    I joined the ultimate body challenge here at a gym in my town and one of the recipes that uses cottage cheese is for breakfast. Get a carton of egg beaters and make an omelet add about 4 tablespoons of cottage cheese and a meat if you want and salsa. I personally just like the salsa, cottage cheese and egg beaters. I am not a fan of cottage cheese at all but I can tolerate this and it doesnt taste bad.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I love it! Plain, with cinnamon and raisins (that was suggested in another thread and it's sooooooooo good!), or put it in a blender with some flavoring (cocoa powder, as was suggested on that thread), and it totally gets rid of the texture, makes it almost pudding like. So yummy.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Mix it with some sour cream. Mix it into scrambled eggs. Frankly touigh if you don't like it find something different with similar nutrional properties and eat that. Good luck!
  • missyfarr
    missyfarr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Take 2 cloves (on the smaller side) of garlic and mince them up in a food processor. Add a large tub of nonfat cottage cheese, some salt and some pepper and blend until smooth. Guilt-free garlic dip for veggies or baked potato chips. It is delicious (and you can make it as garlicky as you want)!!
  • bells4her
    Options
    I make egg casseroles all the time (doing low carb) and I always add a bit of cottage cheese to the eggs to make them creamier. It's pretty much indetectable. (just a tip to help you use up the cottage cheese you've already bought... i wouldn't advise buying any more!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture really gets to me and can at times make me gag.

Why in the world would you even consider eating something that you feel this way about??? :noway:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture really gets to me and can at times make me gag.

Why in the world would you even consider eating something that you feel this way about??? :noway:

really ...this. ......... cottage cheese is an ok source of nutrients but it isnt some kind of magical food. somehow, somewhere, it gained a reputation as a "diet" food. why eat it if it makes you gag?