What triggers you to want to eat?

Options

Replies

• riaketty
    riaketty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I am exhausted having spent hours picking up and cleaning and then my family members come in and leave items, food crumbs, pots, glasses, dishes, clothing, coats, backpacks, mail, newspapers, gym bags, sport equipment and such, all within an hour or two of coming home... like I'm their live-in help. That often acts as a trigger for me.

Amen sister! My goodness, I feel the exact same way.

I find watching movies triggers the snack urge, or playing games. Being out of the house automatically equals fast food in my head (working on this one!). I've been trying to have hot tea or celery (sooo sterotypical but I love it!) at night, and not take any cash with me when I go out. If I have to go to the ATM, I have to think about it, and thats normally enough for me to realize that old fast food habit is kicking in.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ... a lack of the weight dropping as it supposed to when you putting all your effort.

Me too! I think its not worth the effort... but it is. If I give up, I don't just "not lose" weight... I start gaining it back immediately. I have to get over the pity party and realize it is what it is. :-)
  • clairer2282
    Options
    Emotions are my trigger, when i'm upset I eat...or ate...I tackled my problems (read as relationship) and that helped get my eating under control. Now my trigger to eat is nourishing my body!
  • JulieF11
    Options
    getting drunk makes me want to eat horrible (but delicious) foods in excess.

I used to drink alcohol and found that my food choices were poor at best. Since then I've quit drinking entirely, now I make better choices with foods, save the calories I would have had in the alcoholic beverage, and I'm not exhausted the next day so I can work out better. For me, it was worth giving up.
  • JulieF11
    Options
    ...I find watching movies triggers the snack urge, or playing games.

Yes, that happens to me. I found that a HUGE glass of Crystal Light or Sparkling Water with lemon and a little popcorn (not a shared one, but my own bowl so i know how much I've had) works wonders.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    TV commercials...especially pizza commercials. UGHHHHH!
  • mutley1964
    Options
    LIFE :-(
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Beer:drinker:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    For me it's days when I'm home alone with nothing to do but watch the DVR. It puts me in a bummed out mood and I will tend to go to the cabinets. Sometimes I wonder if I don't even know how to relax or something, haha.

(I'm sorry about your family! That is really frustrating...)
    THIS
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    Smart-*kitten* answer: Hunger!

:laugh:
    That and cooking meals that I can't eat
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, boredom.

Yup. When I'm bored, I eat.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A bad relationship does it every time. Obviously I've had a lot..lol.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Tiredness. Definitely. I used to always have a chocolate bar or similar around 4pm at work, because it just got me through the last few hours of the working week.

I stress eat too. But tiredness is definitely the biggy.
  • DippyDoDar
    Options
    Personally, I eat through boredom or comfort.
    I never question if what I'm about to eat is good for me. I just have it because I wanted it, and boy, I do regret it so bad after.

But to be honest, none of us look at chocolate and say to ourselves before peeling back the wrapper 'hmm, do I actually NEED this? will I die if I don't have it? how will I feel after eating it?'
    When we kinda should.
    I guess mostly, the majority of the time, I just want to eat because I'm bored. I never turn to fruit/veg when I'm bored, always the bad stuff.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hunger is my trigger.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    sleep deficit!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Days ending with "y"
  • ajaeger1963
    ajaeger1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boredom mostly, but also stress makes me want to eat. Alot of times to stop myself from picking up a cigarette.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Boredom! currently feeling it right now at work so I'm talking to my mom on the phone to try to stop me from eating anything lol
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    doing hours and hours of homework and boredom