30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Woohoo just finished level 1 day 1.

I followed the advanced version the whole time and i had no problems with it, except with the side squats when you had to lift up those weights. ugh my arms hurt which just proves to me that i really dont have any power in my arms. I am using 2 juice containers instead of weights :D they're about 1 kg, which is.... 2 ibs i think?
    Anyway i'll see tomorrow if i'll feel my muscles or not. I think i might just do 2x a day level 1 if i wont find it challenging enough.

I logged it as circuit training, regular 20 min. hope it's ok.
  • Oceandancer
    Options
    Where do I get the dvds at, I want to try.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options

I got mine at wal-mart for $8
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Did it again today, although my legs are killing me. I can barely walk. This workout is making me really dizzy, though. I think I need to see a doctor or adjust my calories or something, because I hate this feeling.

Are you getting dizzy from all the up and down from the floor to standing? If so, move slower through those transitions. You can always pause the dvd. I definitely wouldnt be doing any of these moves if you are feeling dizzy.....also drink LOTS of water!!!

I have a vertigo problem. I've been on meds for it before, although I don't think they did anything. I think it's an inner ear problem.
  • treromano
    Options
    Count me in I am on day 5 and it is easier now. What is hard is on the days that I run fitting it in and giving it my all. Does anyone do other workouts with this?
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did it again today, although my legs are killing me. I can barely walk. This workout is making me really dizzy, though. I think I need to see a doctor or adjust my calories or something, because I hate this feeling.

Are you getting dizzy from all the up and down from the floor to standing? If so, move slower through those transitions. You can always pause the dvd. I definitely wouldnt be doing any of these moves if you are feeling dizzy.....also drink LOTS of water!!!

I have a vertigo problem. I've been on meds for it before, although I don't think they did anything. I think it's an inner ear problem.

Go see a vestibular physical therapist, if you haven't already. I treated vestibular patients for 6 months at my clinicals and its amazing how a few sessions makes all the difference! Let me know if you need more info!
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    Just completed level 1 day 7!

Still haven't noticed any differences, but i'm sure I am making some progress!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and after the first round of Level 1 i didn felt like it was enough so i repeated it later in the evening again, doing the adanced version both times. today i have no muscle pains, so i'll probably do the additional 30 or 40 minutes of pilates. just to stretch everything and besides i find it really realxing.

Count me in I am on day 5 and it is easier now. What is hard is on the days that I run fitting it in and giving it my all. Does anyone do other workouts with this?
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8: COMPLETE

Used 5 lb weights today...felt great! Hurts so good! haha
  • LovahLaura
    Options
    I just bought the 30 Day Shred off of Amazon yesterday and it will be delivered on Saturday! It was only $10 something with tax. I'm so excited to lose inches and pounds!!! WOO!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

I got 30DS a couple weeks ago on Amazon for under $7 and free shipping.
  • ZCEmama
    ZCEmama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How are all my girlies doing?? Hows it going for everyone? I tried on a smaller pair of pants last night to see how much further i had to go before i could fit them and they zipped right up...i'm sure my facial expressions were priceless and hilarious! Keep it up ladies, new thing you know it, we will be at our goal weight and not know where the time went. Be consistent and patient. One pound at a time.

xoxo-Shauna
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got my DVD yesterday and did Level 1 this morning. I was able to complete it but barely. I was never too good at push ups but I managed to do the modified ones. I am looking forward to seeing if it gets easier. I was hoping to find a 30 DS option in exercises but couldnt so I logged 12 minutes of aerobics and 8 minutes of strength training. Probably totally off?
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm on D4L1 and I'm still in really bad pain. Mainly my thighs. It hurts to sit, stand, walk....everything lol.

The only thing that helps with the pain is actually doing the work out. Then I get a few minutes blissful relief.

I find the push ups impossible, everything else ok. Don't even talk to me about level 2 yet....I'm scared :wink:
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I started Yesterday ... It's a challenge but feels great !!! I found somethings easier today ..but had to walk and swing a bit during the skipping part in intervals ..I found myself really heavy in the legs when hopping... over all the 2nd time through seemed to go by much faster than the first . How would we log this in our tracker ?
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm on D4L1 and I'm still in really bad pain. Mainly my thighs. It hurts to sit, stand, walk....everything lol.

The only thing that helps with the pain is actually doing the work out. Then I get a few minutes blissful relief.

I find the push ups impossible, everything else ok. Don't even talk to me about level 2 yet....I'm scared :wink:

I am guessing I will do 10 full days of each ...or more if I can't get through a level with out having to stop for a sec or do the easier version ...might be a 40 day shred ...meh ,,oh well ..as long as I get the shred part :)
  • eopalmer
    Options
    bump
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another 30DS thread, but maybe that's not so active any more. So, am repeating it: Just started the 30DS and I thought, how bad can it be for 20 mins after doing gym/treadmill for days. Omigosh - it was a killer! So much for my hubris

Had a question for the other shredders - is it okay to do so many jumping jacks with a knee that used to give me trouble? or should I try some modification. she doesn't give any flexibility there

Also - what weight should the dumbell be? the lightest one at home was 3 kg (6.6 lb each) and it felt like slabs of concrete after 10 raises during squats.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am on the 30DS. I will be on day 3 today. The most pain I've felt is in my arms. Those pushups are no joke. Total love-hate relationship with Jillian Michaels.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!