30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am currently working through Ripped in 30 (next week is week four and then I'll be done). Next on my list is 30DS which I start in February .... I've done level 1 On Demand before and it was fun. Love Jillian!!
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok girls....so i completed Day 2-level 1 tonight and it was easier for me than day 1, but sweet baby jesus......its challenging!! I have to say, i lowered my hand weights to 3lbs bc i couldnt do it day one without taking a break with 5lb weights. I got pretty much thru the whole thing EXCEPT the bicycle crunches....COULD THEY POSSIBLY GO ANY SLOWER???? I was racing the get that over and done with! But alls well that ends well. I have a session with my trainer in the morning, so i will complete day 3 on Sunday. This is obviously going to take me longer than everyone else because i train 3 days a week and will do the 30DS on the remaining 4 days...Give me your feedback girls. How are yall feeling?
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started this earlier today! Everyone here has been such a huge inspiration that I had to finally buy it and give it a shot. It was so intense but I'm proud that I got through it! My arms are aching because I have no upper body strength at all. I can't even do the modified push-ups so I just lift and flop around like a fool. Anyone else there? Does it get better?
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started the 30ds in Dec and I felt like I was going to die. I had to stop multiple times throughout the workout, I felt like I couldn't keep up and I was out of breath and tired. When I started I weighed about 250 lbs. I am 5'10. I took my measurements: neck, bust, waist, arms, hips and thighs. I also took before pics and pics about every week. I decided to do it every other day versus every day because I was so out of shape. I started Dec 22nd and was only able to do it 3 times. I started back up again on the 12th of Jan and have been doing it every other day since. I am on level 2 day 2 tomorrow. The first level got easier towards the 10th day and I was ready for a change by day 10. Level 2 seems easier to me than level one did but I was sweating more and felt it more after versus level one. Level 2 is alot of planks. I have lost a total of 5 inches and I now weigh 246. I have not really modified my diet and I am sure if I had done that the weight would be more...just a word of advice muscle weighs more than fat so if you go to weigh yourself and you gained a pound don't get discouraged it is probably muscle that is why it is important to take measurements before starting.
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just started this earlier today! Everyone here has been such a huge inspiration that I had to finally buy it and give it a shot. It was so intense but I'm proud that I got through it! My arms are aching because I have no upper body strength at all. I can't even do the modified push-ups so I just lift and flop around like a fool. Anyone else there? Does it get better?

Unrelated but nice user name. I just watched that episode of Parks and Rec tonight, lol.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Unrelated but nice user name. I just watched that episode of Parks and Rec tonight, lol.

Thanks! I love Parks. It's in my top 5 shows. I always try to have a P&R username or a Community username.
  • heatherhecate
    Options
    I started the 30ds yesterday, woke up this morning so sore but pushed myself through L1 day 2 and I'm so glad I did, I'm still sore but not as much as I was this morning, I feel really proud of myself I've managed to do day 2 without any rests, that said I'm using 0.5kg water bottles because I don't have weights yet

I'm also gonna do a yoga session tonight to stretch out some of the soreness and I'm looking forward to L1D3 tomorrow
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am on D3L1. So far I am really liking it although it kicks my butt. Yesterday and today I did a Walk Away the Pounds tape afterwards just for an added bonus! Can't wait for results to show!! :bigsmile:
  • mloftus2
    Options
    just finished D2L1 today - i am beat! and im in fairly decent shape too, but apparently not muscle wise. i wrote down the workout and do it at the gym so i have more room adn can modify a bit (i live in an apt and its hard to really get a workout in there). i don't do the entire cardio section of it, but since im at the gym i do 30 minutes high intensity on the elliptical instead. doing the 30DS this way also helps me spend more time on certain areas. i already have fairly decent core strength, so doing the abs along with the dvd doesn't always do anything for me - doing them on my own time lets me do a few more reps of each and really feel a burn.

i'm using 5lb weights which seem so small until i get to about the 10th rep of any of the moves and suddenly they feel like 50 lbs! i'm excited to start seem some muscle definition!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    just finished D2L1 today - i am beat! and im in fairly decent shape too, but apparently not muscle wise. i wrote down the workout and do it at the gym so i have more room adn can modify a bit (i live in an apt and its hard to really get a workout in there). i don't do the entire cardio section of it, but since im at the gym i do 30 minutes high intensity on the elliptical instead. doing the 30DS this way also helps me spend more time on certain areas. i already have fairly decent core strength, so doing the abs along with the dvd doesn't always do anything for me - doing them on my own time lets me do a few more reps of each and really feel a burn.

i'm using 5lb weights which seem so small until i get to about the 10th rep of any of the moves and suddenly they feel like 50 lbs! i'm excited to start seem some muscle definition!

I do the elliptical too in addition to the cardio in the dvd. I find that the high impact jumping jacks, jump roping, butt kicks give me a different cardio workout. I do the elliptical 2-3 days a week in addition to the dvd. You should try the dvd cardio because its so different! Just my suggestion, but everyones different! :) goodluck!
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of level 1 !! did the advanced butt kicks today and made it through all of the circuit 3 cardio workout! yayaya!! Doing the jumping jacks and jump rope circuit is still SOO hard for me!

Favorite circuit: 2
    Circuit I dread doing: 1

Half way through the first 10 days!!
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of level 1 !! did the advanced butt kicks today and made it through all of the circuit 3 cardio workout! yayaya!! Doing the jumping jacks and jump rope circuit is still SOO hard for me!

Favorite circuit: 2
    Circuit I dread doing: 1

Half way through the first 10 days!!

Same here, I will be doing my day 4 today and I DREAD circuit 1 I can not get through the jump rope and the pushups.. Killing me!
    Going to try my best to not stop today
  • annabelle2334
    annabelle2334 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 od Level 2. All the planks in level 2 are starting to kick my butt, I'm nervous about level 3. How much weight do you guys use? I've been using 5lbs in each hand, amd am starting to wonder if it's a little to much. I can do most of the stuff fine, but there's a couple strength routines that make me lose by balance. Has anyone used different weight dumbells for different routines?
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    I just finished day 5... 25 to go! :)
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 complete!! Woo hooooo!

Thanks to whoever said now that they know what they are doing they put on other music to drown out Jillian! Her voice doesn't bother me but I decided to try it today and it was awesome!!! Made the workout go quicker. Felt like I moved faster! Just mentally better!!! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • heatherhecate
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done!!!

I think it's getting easier, and i wasn't as sore this morning.

Good work everyone!!

And drowning out Jillian with some music sounds like an awesome idea, will try it tomorrow
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just started today. It was definitely more challenging than I had originally thought it would be. It's not a huge calorie burn, but maybe I'll eventually move up to doing it twice. I found the parts where you lay on your back really difficult because I have vertigo, so I lost my balance a lot. I think my legs will be sore tomorrow.
  • sgraves06
    sgraves06 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of Level 2. I am feeling great, and can see a huge difference in my body already. All I will say about Level 2 is that I ABSOLUTELY HATE PLANK POSITION! haha... Good Luck! :)
  • SKHaz1
    Options
    Just did level 1 day 6....still sweatin' like crazy....some people have said that after 5 days they can see a difference...but i havnt seen any differences :( hopefully soon!!

For those on level 2 and 3...do you have to master level 1 to move on to the next level? I still cant do "real" push ups and have been doing the modified ones, and i dont see that changing in 4 days. What do you think?
  • JennL418
    Options
    I'm about to restart my 30 day shred. I did it one day last week and didnt get back to it. Here we go... round two.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!