30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Missbeauty081, all you need is the dvd. I purchased mine at Walmart. Its called Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It was $10.00. Just buy it, get started and lean on us for support should you need any. Thats all. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love love love it, been doing it since July.
  • newlaura30
    Options
    ordered this dvd on line yesterday as well as my wii fit so think i'll do gym and wii till i hit that first inenvitable first plateau then bring gillian out as the big guns lol.. good luck to everyone and i really look forward to hearing your results x
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! I have heard nothing but great things about Jillian's 30 Day Shred!!!! I for sure need to pick it up! I have her No More Trouble Zones and I loved it.
  • onion2
    onion2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and find it at Wal-Mart today. If so, I'll start tonight!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into this DVD for months now. I finally just ordered it from Buy.com ($5.99 + sh). They are usually quick to ship. I am looking forward to starting. A friend at work ordered it too and we are going to try and motivate each other to keep it up. I am hoping because its only 20 minutes to not make excuses about not having the time. Good luck to you all. I will let you know how I make out.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    i'm on day 3 of Level 1.......what pound dumbells are ya'll using for the last strength move (lateral lunge/shoulder raise)? I have trouble completing the set using 5lbs
  • KathieElisa
    Options
    i just started yesterday :)
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lastnight was my first night and i used 5lb weights and i had a hard time and had to take a break, so i will lower it to 3lb's so hopefully i can build strength and not have to stop. I had the same issue with the squat/should press. I was fine with 5 lbs on the chest fly move laying on the ground.
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just got this dvd too - did my first day (level 1) yesterday. It was awesome! I need to invest in some weights though. I had to use 2 soup cans as replacements!
  • arlyn70
    arlyn70 Posts: 55
    Options
    There are 3 levels, each of which is to be done for 10 days, and then you move up. This is dependent on your fitness level. Jillian does state in the DVD to move to the next level when you are ready. I have not been able to do all of the excercises/reps in Level 1 yet, but I am giving it my best effort. I plan on moving up to Level 2 once I am proficient at Level 1 - regardless of how long it takes me. If you are pushing yourself to give it your all, then you will see progress, regardless of the number of days it takes you. I try to concentrate on effort rather than time (I know, I know, sometimes we get impatient :) I have definitely seen results, even though I cannot yet do Level 1 the way it's presented, even after 2 weeks (I was in really bad shape, ha ha). As long as we're moving forward...

for me the abs are the worst but as u said, i do my best
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm starting today after work. I plan to use the comcast on demand version until I actually buy the video. I love the advice and insight everyone has provided. I think the 10 days per level suggestion will work for me.

I only have one question...is there no break at all during the 30 days? In other words do you do the video EVERY DAY? Seems like your body would need a rest...
  • hermightychelle
    hermightychelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bought my DVD at Walmart a while ago for about 10 bucks. Was going to alternate it with my iPhone app Couch to 5k, but now I'm thinking I need to work on it each consecutive day. I will work out with you! Add me as your friend if ya wanna.

I've been sporatic with the work outs and I've really liked it. But now I'm going to take it serious. I've heard wonderful success stories. I've wondered myself about when to move to the next level but never have gotten that far into it. I worked out with it Monday Wednesday and today so I'm going to consider that an official start to my 30 days. My final goal is 135 lbs but my mini goal is to get out of the 150s.

We can do this!!!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I had my hubby pick the DVD up for me the other night. Haven't started yet but plan to. I'll join in on this!!! :):)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually started this last Saturday. So far I have only missed one day, but trying hard not to miss anymore. So, I will do this with you! :)
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 today. I was SO sweaty. Really don't like the "plank" position. Pretty much kicked my butt. But I go through. Huffing, puffing and panting but I did the entire workout. Haven't missed a day yet :)

Feeling stronger and excited to complete this 30 days! Happy shredding!!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just finished day 3 level 1. It IS getting easier!! I wasn't able to do the butt kicks in the beginning but was able to today. The jump roping is still difficult for me, but hey...i got time to master it! If you're just starting day 1...it WILL get easier, but is still a challenging workout!

Since it was my 3rd day I kinda already knew the sequencing so today I put on my own music to work out too. And I feel it made the workout more tolerable! I know a lot of you do this and I defin suggest it once you get the moves down.

Also---during the cool down period....I have some issues with the stretching. Research shows that to get the most out of stretching you need to hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds!!! I make my patients use a clock to make sure they're holding it that long because its easy to count too fast. I mean Jillian knows what shes doing, but you can defin hold those stretches longer if you want to see more flexibility! Also during the first ab circuit with the basic crunches, I get my physio ball out and do them on there. For me, personally, I just feel it more when I do it on the ball.

**one funny thing...when they're doing the static lunges with the biceps curl...when they focus in on Anita (green sports bra) in the background the girl with the red shorts stops her lunges..so even SHE needed a break (I mean..she is doing the more advanced version....but hey! don't feel bad if you need a break!)

Ok...i'm sorry that I'm so chatty!!
    Keep it goin' we are shrinking!! :):)
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started last night, and am super excited to actually stick with it this time!! esp w all of the encouragement here! feel free to add me and we can have a daily shred chat!!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Finished L1 D4 and I definitely feel stronger! I didn't need as many breaks and can do more push-ups (although at the Anita level).

What else is everyone doing? Are you also supplementing this with other cardio or strength training?

I wish this was the only thing I need to do because it's cardio, strength and abs but I think I'm just trying to fool myself.
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been reading all about this 30 day shred for the past week and decided i'm going to start on Monday as i am doing pilates now an d want to wait till the end of the month to start something new.
    i also wanted to ask if you are doing just 30 day shred or do you combine it with some other exercises? i decided i'll try to fit pilates in, but have to first see how tired (or not tired) i will be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!