30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• sreelurocx
    sreelurocx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP yesterday.. and excited to learn about the 30 day shred... wohoo I am in for it..need to find out all about it and where to get ..
  • JennL418
    Options
    Hi!! I too would love some freinds to do the 30 Day Shred with. I bought it on Monday of this week and did it that night. I both loved and hated it!! It is hard work!! Unfortunatly due to a busy schedule I have only been able to do it the one time. Anyone can feel free to add me and we can help eachother through it!!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just strated myself.. Do you want to be Friends and see how we do.. I as confused at first at how do you know when to move to the next level, has your trainer told you yet?

You move to the next level after 10 days. Its 10 days at lvl 1, 10 days at level 2, 10 days at level 3. It also can depend on you! I skipped a day, so I stayed 11 days at level 1. Im not on level 2. Ill probbaly stay there a few days extra cause its hard!
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    I bought it too and plan on starting it. If anyone wants to add me as a friend, go ahead. :) We can swap stories!
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I'm about to do day 7 of level one. I can't really say that it's gotten "easier" but I am a lot less sore than I was at the beginning. I did days 123 and then took a break. I know a lot of people do it straight through but I say listen to your body. I was in soooo much pain after day 3 and I'm really glad I took a break cause I began again with renewed vigor afterwards.

Someone asked if you just do 30ds or if you do other exercises as well. That's totally up to you but for me the 30ds is just a small part of my workout routine.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

**one funny thing...when they're doing the static lunges with the biceps curl...when they focus in on Anita (green sports bra) in the background the girl with the red shorts stops her lunges..so even SHE needed a break (I mean..she is doing the more advanced version....but hey! don't feel bad if you need a break!)

I noticed that too. And I just started Level 2 today. In one part Natalie (advanced) is doing the move like Anita (beginners) and Jillian says to her "what are you doing up here, get down there" or something like that.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D2, and it was a little easier than yesterday despite how sore I was! I only had to take 1-2 5 second breaks. Around the 8 minute mark is the hardest for me...I always feel like I'm gonna die there! LOL After its over the rest of it is a lot easier. I think my only problem is jumping jacks!
  • LeMac84
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred? I'm up for some new changes!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been reading all about this 30 day shred for the past week and decided i'm going to start on Monday as i am doing pilates now an d want to wait till the end of the month to start something new.
    i also wanted to ask if you are doing just 30 day shred or do you combine it with some other exercises? i decided i'll try to fit pilates in, but have to first see how tired (or not tired) i will be.

I try to do additional exercise 2-3 times a week. Guidelines say you're supposed to do 30 minutes of exercise daily. But Jillian says her workout is doing the work of hours in the gym. So, I guess try whatever works for you!
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i do jillian michaels ripped in 30 since jan 9 i lost a total of 12.5 inches!!!
  • rbaldovinos79
    rbaldovinos79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go buy it this weekend when are you looking to start it or have you?
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i started last night....everyone is kind of on their own schedule so please get it and join in! We are pretty much complaining and supporting one another! ;)
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    Just finished D2L1...I am starting to feel it on my calves...so had to stretch those out too!! I'm doing Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs later with hubby. He also wants to do some legs ups after...I better see results soon...I'm working my butt off!
  • Abowman12
    Options
    i got this on amazon for $7.23
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! I'm on day 21, did level 3 for the first time tonight and wow it was tough. Oh how i wished i was back on level 2 but now i'm on level 3 im not going back! This dvd works wonders, the difference in my body after 21 days is unbelievable it's totally worth it.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 2 of Level 2. Seriously, that kicks my *kitten*! I'm trying SO hard to keep up and I'm not succeeding. But that's okay, as long as I keep my body moving, I'll get better (I hope).

I really struggle with the pendulum lunges and the squats. My arches in my feet are just cramping up bigtime. To the point I need to stop for a min and let it pass. But it just starts back up again as I keep going.

I was told to use a golf ball to stretch it out. But I never remember to do that until it starts cramping. Which by then its too late really.

It kind of sucks. I don't want to buy new sneakers but I may have to!
  • anniebeevee
    Options
    Quick question, I am very interested in starting this, but I am currently in week 4 of C25K. I am running every other day, (I started running last year, got to running 3.5-4.5miles 3-4 days a week, then was only very sporadic for the last 9 month ago, so I'm not really starting quite from scratch). The c25k isn't so hard (right now) cardiovascularly, but I do feel it in my legs (probably because I am running it faster than last time, and I'm adding in some inclines too). Anyway, I hear everyone say how sore they are after the 30 day shred, especially in the early days, and I don't want to do it if I'll be so sore that I can't keep running every other day... Does the shred work your legs much, or mostly core and arms? Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Quick question, I am very interested in starting this, but I am currently in week 4 of C25K. I am running every other day, (I started running last year, got to running 3.5-4.5miles 3-4 days a week, then was only very sporadic for the last 9 month ago, so I'm not really starting quite from scratch). The c25k isn't so hard (right now) cardiovascularly, but I do feel it in my legs (probably because I am running it faster than last time, and I'm adding in some inclines too). Anyway, I hear everyone say how sore they are after the 30 day shred, especially in the early days, and I don't want to do it if I'll be so sore that I can't keep running every other day... Does the shred work your legs much, or mostly core and arms? Any thoughts? Thanks!

I think its different for everyone but I definitely feel it in my legs the most. I only just finished day 3 of level 1.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I think its different for everyone but I definitely feel it in my legs the most. I only just finished day 3 of level 1.

Yea, I feel it in my legs & abs the most!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My calf muscles hurt most, but only after day 2 and I took a rest day. After that, I didn't have any soreness that would keep me from doing something else. That was going from couch sedentary to this workout. You may not be as sore if you are already working out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!