30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• christatree
    christatree Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done level 1 here and there as a method of cross training on days I wasn't running but I'll be starting 30DS on Feb 1st for 30 straight days. I'm excited to see the results.
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also ladies,

I dont know if yall (i live in TN) care about what you wear when you work out, and im not sure if its been an excusemy whole life for NOT working out, but i work out better when i feel cute and comfortable...so i need to tell yall....i went to Old Navy a few weeks ago and they have the softest, cute, v-neck tee's. They come in every color and trust me when i tell you i bought every color...i even bought some for my bestie thats working out with me....its makes a difference for me so i wanted to share it with my girls....we gonna work out together, lets stay cute together! ;) Here is the link...enjoy!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=72246&vid=1&pid=810130&scid=810130242
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    I'm from CA...I started today....I've been doing insanity for 3 weeks now, so I thought it was gonna be an easy workout....Guess not! She would keep me moving...I had to stop a couple of times with the weights...But I'm determined to stick to it! I'm taking my measurements right now and will again every 10 days!
  • hdrodgers
    hdrodgers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday...and I can feel it in my arms and shoulders...definitely need to work on my upper body strength. I do not like doing pushups AT ALL and those 30 seconds feel like 30 minutes!! But I've read such amazing stories on MFP and hope to see even a fraction of the results others have. Would love to stay connected with others doing it so we can keep each other accountable when we feel like giving up!
  • MissDana1105
    MissDana1105 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've done it for 2 days. I will be doing Day 3 Level 1 in the morning when I get off from work. I have the biggest problem with the jumping jacks (really jumping jacks?) it really hurts my knees and I have plantar fasciitis so that is no fun either. I am extremely overweight and have been able to (mostly) do it. If I can do it anyone can. I think it will probably take me 60 days to get through it completely (and not cheating) but I'm ok with that.

The 20 minutes goes by FAST, like seriously I feel like I need to work out a lot longer. But hey I'm not complaining. My goal tonight is to do it without having to stop.
  • mloftus2
    Options
    i just did day 1 today!! i live in a small apartment so its hard for me to work out at home, so i watched the video and took detailed notes (body positioning, # reps, muscles to engage, etc) and then brought those notes with me to the gym. Some things were modified slightly, because i did do 30 min on the elliptical to warm up and as my normal cardio and i have issues with my knees, but i tried to make up for my modifications elsewhere in the workout.

i'm sorta excited to see how sore i am tomorrow and to continue with the process!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 9, tomorrow will be my last day on Level 1. I am a little nervous to start level 2...but I think I'm ready. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday - my body hurts today and it was quite hard to give it 100% this morning as I was sore especially my arms - it turns out my upper body strength sucks!
    Im dieting along with the shred - and am hoping it will assist in my weight loss as well as make me stronger im fairly new to exercise and MFP feel free to add me x
    15305568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it since last week. I don't feel I can do all the moves completely correct quite yet. I think I will go to level 2 this weekend. I saw some posts about it not being enough. I usually add a Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk video with it. I usually do the shred in morning before work and then the cardio in afternoon.
  • tnelson42
    Options
    I just started 30 Day shred last night. Oh my, it was a great workout. I feel it this morning, especially when I walk down the stairs. My legs are so sore. I can't wait to see what I can accomplish in the 30 days.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My abs are SO SORE!

Starting L1D2 today, I'm kinda excited yet dreading it...haha!
  • persian1981
    Options
    Good job everyone! I am definitely sore this morning....especially in my abs....this might sounds silly, but the best feeling to me is when you start losing weight and feeling lighter and when you go to bed at night and you are laying there, put your hand on your waist and you can kind of feel your muscle under all the fat and that is our true size.....that is such a great feeling to me and soo exciting!! Also, there are a lot of people in our group and i can't get around to adding everyone, so please feel free to add me yourself. Im excited ladies and gentleman....i workout with my trainer tonight, so pray that y'all here from me tonight, otherwise, he killed me in the gym.....have a great day everyone and make good choices.

xoxo,
    Shauna
  • Amalthia79
    Options
    Just did Day 3 Lvl1 this morning! I started Monday but had to take yesterday off from it because I was in so much pain! lol. I have recovered, I still got up and did pilates and stretches on my off day, and today I feel so much better and stronger. Going from no workouts to 30 DS has been killer but I am over the worst of it and love the way I feel.
  • persian1981
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep it up and you will be so proud!!
  • missbeauty0812
    Options
    I would like to participate. How can I get started?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am in!! Will start tomorrow as well!! :) Had it sitting there but it now time to do something! :happy:
    I'm starting today too!! I'd like to be part of the group :)
  • sarah329618
    Options
    I'm starting the shred today! Wish me luck and keep up the good work everyone!!
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sitting , waiting, patiently for mine to be delivered today .... hopefully ... fingers crossed :smile:
  • ConniD
    ConniD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I work out with my trainer 2x a week and heard about the dvd on this site and ordered it on amazon. I actually also ordered 6-week, 6 pack but that's for another lifetime. Count me in! I'll add you to my friends.
  • Amalthia79
    Options
    I would like to participate. How can I get started?

I just went to Walmart and found the DVD in the fitness section, not movie section. It was $10 and SO worth it! All you need is weights but I use unopened soup cans, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!