How do you stop from snacking at night?

Options

Replies

• JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I snack at night instead of eating a big meal. Save calories for it during the day. And a suggestion instead of corn chips and cheese... I've been hooked on the Laughing Cow cheese wedges with reduced fat wheat thins. I like a lot of the cheese so I do 2 wedges for 1 serving of chips and I measure it out. It fills the salty/crunchy/cheesy void for me.

Plus they have a ton of different flavors of cheese (regular swiss, french onion, garlic, and my absolute fav... queso blanco).
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    night eating is the worse as after u eat u either sit on the coach or go to bed n what do you think happens to all the calories n carbs???

Depends if you have created a calorie deficit for the day. WHEN you eat is irrelevant.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just commented on a peanut butter thread. I was say that when I get hungry right before bed I get a spoonful of peanut butter and I am satisfied.
  • tmthy99
    Options
    I am a huge late night eater so i just try to keep busy doing something other than wonder into the kitchen, i do try to hold some calories in case i absolutely need a snack. There are great snacks for late night just try this " i will only eat from the fridge after 6pm " so that means no chips or candy ...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Will power. Eat a filling dinner and break the habit of snacking at night. If you do snack, choose good foods that fit within your calorie goal.
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Once I'm done eating for the day, I hit the "complete" button and go brush my teeth. After that I only drink water and eat nothing. Also I have an upstairs and I try not to go downstairs (where the kitchen is located) once I brush my teeth. These are my tricks and they seem to work well for me. Good luck:-)
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    keep some calories left over for night snacking. and try to snack on protein filled foods: cheese, milk, etc.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do a few things. I wait awhile to see if i am actually hungry because that is part of the reason why I look the way I do right now. I try to have some water first to see if that will satisfy my hunger pang. But if I have some calories left I will try to find something that will not affect my numbers. Or I brush my teeth like other members suggested, orrrrr, I just go to bed depending on the time of night.
    I know being on this site has helped me HUGE, I am doing so well right now at controlling my calorie intake.
    Good Luck
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i complete my food diary. or brush my teeth. i also have started drinking a lot of tea at night so i don't snack.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I shop better. I'm much less likely to snack if there's nothing in the house I want.

I'm a VERY disciplined shopper. Eater? Not so much.

This! And I keep things like mini bags of popcorn, baby carrots, and almonds around for weak moments. Also, I find that if I eat a mid-morning snack I'm able to hold off on eating lunch until 12:30 or 1pm and with eating lunch later I tend to eat dinner around 6:30 or 7pm and then there's less time available for snacking before bed.
  • ladykayaker
    Options
    oh, good question! That's really been one of the things wrecking me - a few "treats" after everyone else goes to bed.

Agree - very good question. I thought I was the only one battling against this. It is also my undoing. I can do so well during the day, carefully watching and logging all I eat, and then at night when the kids are all in bed, and I can sit and relax in front of the telly for a little while ... and then the munchies call. I am going to try the brushing teeth idea, like that one!
  • livelovelaugh12
    Options
    go to sleep.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you eat enough of the right stuff during the day, you shouldn't be hungry at night. The most important thing is to differentiate between eating because you are hungry.....and eating because you are bored. I used to snack all night long.......because I was bored. Sometimes I still find myself in the kitchen at 8pm looking for something to eat. But then I ask myself "Am I bored or hungry?" The answer is ALWAYS bored.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have my favorite yogurt nearly every evening as a planned snack and I add something I enjoy in to it as long as I stay under for the day :)
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you feel the urge to snack, grab some popcorn - I buy the 100 calorie bags and that's enough for me. Or grab some fruit. You can still have a little snack, just make sure it's not high in calories and try grabbing something healthy.
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've not really, i've cut out any coke and chocolate and eat a small orange instead i find the other stuff keeps me awake
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Definitely like many others have posted, try and save some calories for after din! Or even put in some workin out so you can have more calories left for a snack! I try to do this so I can have something at night as well, because I'm a night owl. If all else fails, I just go to bed before that hunger pain strikes me!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Usually at night is when my sweet tooth kicks into high gear. I found sugar-free strawberry glaze that's helped combat that (10 calories for three tablespoons) and dip strawberries or apple slices to curb it and it works.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I only get late night cravings if Im up late and am really bored. So I go to bed!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't stop myself from snacking at all! Most of my meals throughout the day are from 200 to 400 calories and lots of snacks in between. I have the occasional cookie or chips and salsa or whatever, but I try to keep most of my snacks healthy too!

Edited to say, as long as you are not going way over your calorie goal to get the snack in, it's not a big deal!