Stay-At-Home Moms 3/23-3/29

Options

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS MOMMIES! I just got a call that we got a house we had put in an offer for! Its a lease to own house that we're super excited about, tons of room for Abby and possibly another a little down the road! YAY! Sorry, I had to share it with someone and my hubby is at work :grumble:
    congratulations! awesome news!--and we are such women--it's not real unless we share it w/others :laugh:
    very happy for you! :heart:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    :happy: hi all!
    vicky--that's really great about the dogs. we used to have a black lab and his mom did agility and then therapy work. our baby probably cd've been a great obedience dog if he didn't have me for his mommy! :laugh: :laugh: congrats on your showing! and that the kids cooperated--that's super. are you some kind of professional cake artist? your cake sounds complex, and adorable. it's so special that you can do these things for her. :flowerforyou:

and weekends...well, it seems to be a problem for all but THE MOST hardcore mfp'ers. we all know better and eventually we'll all DO better. :wink:

i had a great workout this am and am hoping tomorrow will be just as good. my cousin's husband is in town for a convention, so wed am is out for exercise as we will go visit him on the Strip. and th, i promised #2 we'd go to the childr's museum. i'll have to find other time to exercise tho. i just got a hrm, and tho i'm a gadget MORON, it's so cool to really monitor my hrm and force myself to stay in the zooonnnne. and the cals burned seem pretty consistent with what i was calculating before based on formulas from an mfp'er. so, i'm happy with that.
    anyway, i hope everyone has time to do something good for yourself! :heart: :smooched: (blowing kisses)
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i just got THE best deal on sneakers for ds. i went to sears to check out what they had, and they had some wall-e sneakers on the clearance rack that light up and are in his size! they were priced at $11.00 and i thought that was good. got to the checkout and they rang up at $4.99! he's OBSESSED with wall-e right now, it was just perfect.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS MOMMIES! I just got a call that we got a house we had put in an offer for! Its a lease to own house that we're super excited about, tons of room for Abby and possibly another a little down the road! YAY! Sorry, I had to share it with someone and my hubby is at work :grumble:
    That IS exciting news. :flowerforyou:

One day I hope we'll get news like that. I've lived on military bases my whole life.:grumble: :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    beth--don't you just love when that happens!

melinda--i obviously don't follow the news, but preparing for and dealing with a volcano seems like big stuff. hope you all are ok, sidewalk chalk and all. and how nice of your neighbor to do the shovelling. it is touching when people do these extras that show they care. :smile:
    btw, thank you for your sacrifice and service to our country. we are so fortunate to have a voluntary armed forces where people like you and your husband shoulder the burden of protecting our country and helping other peoples, too. thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options

btw, thank you for your sacrifice and service to our country. we are so fortunate to have a voluntary armed forces where people like you and your husband shoulder the burden of protecting our country and helping other peoples, too. thank you. :flowerforyou:
    That's sweet of you to say, but honestly I don't know any other lifestyle.:happy:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    can you ladies help me? i'm obsessing about cals and exercise and it all. my dh says it's bad, but i don't care. i'm trying to get a pretty accurate picture of it all so i can reach my goal.
    #1--i can't seem to get a daily calorie number that will be enough food. yes i could fill up on more veggies, but i'm just not very rabbity.

i'm 5' 4.5", weigh 144, age 37. have activity level set at lightly active (b/c i am not sedentary). and goals are set for 5 days of 40min (right now i just do cardio). i want to lose 1 lb/week (tho i know it will be slower than that in the end). my goal weight is 130. i'm already in the healthy/normal bmi so i understand this will be a long process for me. that's fine.

right now mfp has me at 1290 for my daily net calories, b/c it's reading me as 5' 4". it's a bit more for 5' 5" so my husband said to split the diff and add 50. so my daily is 1340.
    it used to be 1430 when i had myself at active (not lightly active). on days i exercise, i know i can eat back those cals and i'm using a hrm to be sure i'm not overestimating that.
    but on days i don't--1340 is like nothing (to me)! i could fill up on carrots and lettuce and brocc, but i want to eat REAL food!

what are your thoughts? should i just try the 1340 + exer for awhile and then see? i hate feeling hungry hungry, b/c then i overeat. and i know i need to up my water--but more than 5 glasses and i just spend more time peeing.
    so that is my whine/moan. i would apprec any help. i don't want to post up on the regular board b/c i don't want to be yelled at or ignored. so, hopefully, you gals can help me out.
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options

That's sweet of you to say, but honestly I don't know any other lifestyle.:happy:
    i know...b/c you grew up military. but i don't know any other lifestyle either :happy: --i get to pick where i want to live and for how long, and my husb isn't gone for months at a time, and he's not in harm's way either. so what you do, and the other military families i meet here in vegas, is admired and appreciated. :heart:
    so enuf if i'm making you :blushing:

chalk cleaned up?? my youngest once got into the nesquik container (rt before it was time to leave for school of course) and it was all over the kitchen table, chair, tile floor and HIM! ugh!:grumble: :laugh:

time to go get myself cleaned up before it's pick up time. will check back later.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm totally setting you up for more "bad grown up beverages" weekends, but you should try Bacardi's Pomegranet Mojitos. They are soooo tasty & close enough to a margarita for me. :drinker: When my mom & dad had their cottage, we used to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade, too but I wasn't a big fan of that. The Bacardi, though...that stuff is dangerous. :glasses:

Sara-- don't talk about margaritas-- you know what tequila does to me. :embarassed: :huh:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Stacey the nearer you are to your goal weight the harder it is to lose the weight Jillian M was talking about this last week on her radio show she says to set your cals at BMR and let your exercise be your deficit as your body doesnt have the fat stores which is why you are hungry all the time your body is telling you to eat I would try upping your cals I use mfp to track but I work on a week to week basis so mon is 1600 tiues 1400 wed 1300 thurs 1500 fri 1700 st 1800. It seems to work but I have 25 lbs to lose I would increase your cals but very slowly like maybe by 100 a day let your body know there is no need to freak out. Play with it for a week and see what happens.

I am trying to be a proffessional cake decorator I have a few orders for this year and 1 for next but my priority is my kids and friends but this is what I want to do.

3babybean - have fun experimenting with your little ones cake use a packet mix thats what I used to do. If you arent sure about a finish us a sanding sugar in bright colours it forgives any lumps and bumps. My first attempt was a castle that stood 2 ft tall it was a very ambitious first cake but that was where I found that enjoy decorating cakes I used ice cream cones and sprinkles and candy for decorations it looked great and we ate cake for a month afterwards. Cupcakes are fun I use those big swirl tips that look great and are so easy you get directions with the kits (it is called a star tip 1m wilton do a little set it is really cheap) then I spray them with wilton spray (I have to import it from the USA we cant get it here) everybody always comments how nice they look and they take about 30 secs per cake. Have fun get your kids to help it will look better if you have fun with it. I will post a pic of the cake when I have done it.

Have a great day everybody
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Stacy - I'm not a veggie eater either so I feel your pain. How do you feel about mini meals?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Got started on my little girls cake I had to get the teddy bear made so that it can dry by the end of the week. The cake is a giant cupcake with a pink teddy jumping out the top of it holding a banner saying happy birthday. I need to do the paper tears later so they will be dry as well.
    tazzy, i have no idea how you bake so much yummy stuff and still continue strong on your weight loss journey. Do you chew a lot of gum or something? I am VERY impressed.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Hi! I joined a couple days ago and saw this topic... I'm a stay at home mom too! I have 3 kiddos: Hannah is 8, Emily is 5 and Ryan is 2 so as you can imagine my weight has been all over the place w/ all the pregnancies! Just wanted to say hi to everyone... :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, so I'm an idiot. I didn't see the other thread this morning. Sorry, Stacy!!!

If anybody else starts the thread, I have no problems with that at ALL. Just post a link at the end of the old thread so we all know where to head & I don't follow with habit & start it! Thank you! :flowerforyou: Sorry for the confusion! :embarassed:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Yeah I was confused, but I think we kinda figured out what was happening. It's all good.

Stacey, my Grandpa was in the Navy at Pearl Harbor, Daddy was in the ARMY during Nam, and now Hubby is in Iraq and my brother is in the Coast Guard working on Homeland Security. I had to throw that bit in, cause I'm so proud of them. But as far as being a dependant...that's life.:bigsmile:

Also, it bothers me to hear that your hungry. I always think that if I'm hungry then I must be burning calories that I don't realize. I don't know, for me that would be like shoveling the snow out here or something like that...I don't put that in the exercise log. But, I don't think someone can live the healthy lifestyle if they are hungry. I mean that would be heck after awhile. If you are doing the 6 mini meals I would suggest eating the 3 big meals a day, and vice versa. I tried the mini meals and it didn't work for me. I like to sit down for meal time with the boys and teach manners and all that, and it keeps me fuller throughout the day. Also I tend to want to graze so the mini meals set me up for lots of grazing all day.:laugh:

If you'd like to compare meal plans for a day, leave me a message and we'll see what you can swap out for something more filling. I don't do rabbit food either...unless it's masked. Like leafy greens to beef up my roast beef and swiss,:laugh: or an avacado instead of Mayo. Just little things like that.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Melinda, here is today's food. This was a better day in that i was not snacking on pudding pie or graham cracker crusts or frosted flakes. this would be closer to my ideal but with 2 more fruit servings.
    Thanks for taking a look!

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Breakfast
    Sun-Maid - Natural California Raisins, 1/4 cup 130 31 0 1 10 29
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal - High Fiber Cinnamon Swirl, 1 Packet 160 34 2 4 210 7
    Quaker Oats - Oatmeal, 1/8 cup 38 7 1 1 0 1
    BF=328 cals total

Lunch
    Eggs - Grade Aa Large Egg, 2 egg 140 2 9 12 130 0
    La Banderita - Burrito Grande - Large Flour Tortillas, 1 Tortilla 173 33 2 6 451 0
    Kirkland - Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese, 1/6 cup 55 0 5 3 85 0
    Lunch=368 cals total

Dinner
    Wal-Mart Great Value - Rotini, 0.5 cup 140 27 1 5 0 1
    Beef - Ground, 80% lean meat / 20% fat, raw (hamburger), 3 ounce 213 0 17 14 56 0
    Bird's Eye - Normandy Blend Fresh Frozen Deluxe Vegetables, 1 cup 25 4 0 1 25 2
    Homemade - Alfredo Sauce, 1/6 of a cup 155 3 6 10 370 3
    D=533 cals total

Snacks
    Nabisco - Barnum's Animal Crackers, 4 crackers 65 12 2 1 75 4
    Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon 90 3 8 4 75 2
    Nabisco - Honey Maid Grahams - Honey, 8 crackers(2 full cracker sheets) 130 24 3 2 190 8 remove
    Great Value - Miniature Marshmallows, 1/2 cup 80 20 0 0 20 13 remove
    Snacks= 365 cals Total

Total: 1,594 200 56 64 1,697 70
    Your Daily Goal: 1,810 248 60 67 2,500 26
    Remaining: 216 48 4 3 803 -44
    *You've earned 520 extra calories from exercise today

Today's Water Consumption

Here is what i ate today. and i'm not starving. i could eat more, but i'm really fine and will turn in in 1 1/2 hours anyway. i could beef up my bf and lunch, but i am actually full with that much food. i get hungry later--2:30pm--it's like my body finally realizes it needs more food then, it's exercised and is starting to drag and thus wants more input. having the yummy veges tonight definitely helped with the bulk. and i opted for the protein of pnut butt instead of an apple just cuz. i wanted more dessert than fruit. most days i have 3 fruits and 1 vege.
    i assumed that i was hungry b/c i was adjusting down from having soooo many calories per day (like 2000)--the reason i gained weight in the first place.
    anyway, there's the info.

sara and melinda, i could do mini meals, and sorta do with the spacing of my smaller snacks, to keep my blood sugar more even. but if i really do it--i too will wind up grazing (like a cow) and eating way too much. i need to sit down w/a decent amt to get that mental sense of satisfaction.

vicky, you made a good point--about using maintenance cals and then exercise as my deficit. that may work.
    need to get the last kid to bed. will check in tomorrow. but thank you, ladies, for responding and giving your opinions. definitely something more and better for me to consider.
    good night :smooched: (blowing kisses)
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm totally setting you up for more "bad grown up beverages" weekends, but you should try Bacardi's Pomegranet Mojitos. They are soooo tasty & close enough to a margarita for me. :drinker: When my mom & dad had their cottage, we used to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade, too but I wasn't a big fan of that. The Bacardi, though...that stuff is dangerous. :glasses:

Sara-- don't talk about margaritas-- you know what tequila does to me. :embarassed: :huh:
    there goes marla's clothes again!:laugh:
    oh boy... just talking about it :huh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi! I joined a couple days ago and saw this topic... I'm a stay at home mom too! I have 3 kiddos: Hannah is 8, Emily is 5 and Ryan is 2 so as you can imagine my weight has been all over the place w/ all the pregnancies! Just wanted to say hi to everyone... :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group! We all understand the pregnancy/non pregnant/breastfeeding/toddler food weight issues so you've come to the right place! :laugh:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group!!:flowerforyou:

I haven't been on much over the weekend and monday. I was busy with family and painting again on the house. Kind of in a mood. I am tired and sad. My hubby just left for work last night and is gone until Saturday. So it's just me and the 2 boys!!!! It's going to be a long week. I wish the sun would come out to get me out of this funk. I am just so tired and i didn't feel good last night. I am better today but tired....did I mention I was tired:yawn: LOL. I hope everyone is doing well. I am going to be looking into the YMCA here to see if I can join month by month. I dont' want to get into a contract because of the moving thing, they still haven't given us a date yet. Well I am off for now. Talk to everyone soon.

Jules
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Harley is doing great now with her baby carrots. It's been maybe 5 or 6 days of trying them and she's to the point now where she opens her mouth and leans in and then swallows right away, dribbling out very little.

She's killing me with the screaming for fun though. She was only up about an hour today before I laid her back down in her crib because I couldn't take it anymore. My head just starts to throb and my ears ring. The dogs aren't so fond of it either. She's up in her crib now. She's slowing down and not doing it non-stop but I hear her letting out a squeal every frew minutes still. Maybe she's squeal herself to sleep. *sigh*

My mom is going with me today to get Harley's Easter/7 month pictures taken in her Easter dress. We get her picture taken every month for a picture frame we have for every month of the first year. We have a super saver card and it costs less then $9 a month. She usually does really well, especially now that she's sitting up much better.