Stay-At-Home Moms 3/23-3/29

Options

Replies

• wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm gonna set you up for a female question. I just started exercising here recently. I have mostly lost the weight just using the food journal and breastfeeding. And I usually have irregular cycles...sometimes like 17 days sometimes more like 37. Since I started exercising I have started, hmm, spotting. Like not as heavy as a normal flow. Has this occured with anyone else? Do you think it's a concern? I've always heard that heavier bleeding should go straight to the doctor, but is light a problem??
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm gonna set you up for a female question. I just started exercising here recently. I have mostly lost the weight just using the food journal and breastfeeding. And I usually have irregular cycles...sometimes like 17 days sometimes more like 37. Since I started exercising I have started, hmm, spotting. Like not as heavy as a normal flow. Has this occured with anyone else? Do you think it's a concern? I've always heard that heavier bleeding should go straight to the doctor, but is light a problem??

I don't know what to tell you. I'm just as irregular if not more. Since having Abby I have only had two periods and she's 10 months... I would say that your body is trying to get used to the new routine (and 25 pounds lost could do that). I would just keep an eye on it and if it goes on for a long time or if you stop and start and stop and start then I would call your gyno just to be sure.. Not that a call or visit to the gyno is pleasant :grumble:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Not sure about this but I know when I am in really good shape and am exercising a lot, my TOM reduces dramatically and some months it is only like 2-3 days of really light flow. Maybe you are just adjusting but if you are concerned it is not a bad idea to call your doc!
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not sure what accounts for a lot of exercising. But since I haven't ever done any, I guess three times a week for 45 min. might be a lot for me. I am gonna keep plugging away. It isn't a huge problem. It did give me the thought to get a pregnancy test...which was negative.:blushing: I mean, can you imagine me calling Hubby in Iraq to say hey, you've been gone for months and I just found out I'm several months prego and didn't know it.:sad: :laugh: But seriously, I had heard of periods being light or even missed by like gymnasts but I thought this seemed way beyond what I am doing. I dunno.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    well morning all!
    This is the hhardest week for me. the week before AF shows up I am a mess. last month I went up 3.4 pounds in water. this time it is not so bad I'm still on the down slide by .4 pounds. a loss is a loss but damn it feels like this is taking forever. I am not a patient person with myself. I have been at this just under 3 months now and im not even to the half way point yet.I know I don't have a whole lot to go, but I am a tiny person and even 5 pounds is a lot on my frame never mind 15. I'm just frustrated and bummed that Im not there yet.
    i use to be able to loose so fast becasue I was really unhealthy about it. this is the first time I have ever done this right and I am just frustrated that it is taking so long. ok sorry done venting

so today is moms at mass and the sun is shining! YAY! it is still cold but at least there is sun.I had a really bad day yesterday (lunch at TGI fridays and a five guys burger for dinner) but i am off to a better start today. almost done with my coffee, then laundry and church. i also promised the boys we would feed the birds down at the fort with our bag of stale bread ends that i didn't use for breadcrumbs

annemarie--thanks for the good tips. i do need to cut down on the white carbs. thanks for the input about dyes and other artificial stuff. i'm definitely not ready to give up so much of our basics. i know it'd be better for the kids to get them in the healthy habit, but it's easier to just give them something to eat. i guess i'm saying one thing at a time...
    i can see how getting rid of aspartame and sucralose is gonna be hard. not that i can't do it, just i have to figure out around it. for ex, my high fiber oatmeal which i love and depend on, has sucralose in it and so does the wt control one. i rely on the wt control one b/c it's filling and has the protein. yes, i can make my own oatmeal blends...and one day i'm sure i will. but for now, i still rely on processed things. but i can get rid of my crystal light. i love it! but i really can live without. so, that's my first step. whew! that was long winded! anyway, thanks all for the suggestions. i had triscuits with my lunch today so that's a step up!

and i know you're feeling discouraged. i also have a small frame (5 4.5" with a size 4 ring finger), so i know how you feel. the extra weight has nowhere to hide on you. but you have seen progress and if you just keep going, you will see even more changes--whether it's the scale or measurements, or endurance or sleeping better, etc. doing this plan is better than not--so hang in there! we're here for your vents. :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    marla, i hope the interview goes well. also, how is your running going? that's a big challenge--and i imagine will also help you move the brick wall. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    melinda--hmmm. i agree with the wait and see. i know spotting is inconvenient, but your body might just need a month to re-adjust to the new program. gymnasts and runners lose their periods b/c of so little body fat, their hormones don't work right and bye bye period--basically, the body says there is no way it can support a baby right now, so let's close shop. :laugh:
    i don't think your change in exercise is that drastic, but our bodies are in a delicate balance. so even little things (like the fake sweeteners) can change things up a bunch.
    sooooo if it continues for a month or gets heavier, see the dr. if you want assurance, call the nurse line and see if you can get some better guidance.
    hth :heart:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

I have some concerns and some to much info kind of question, but I am a little embarassed to ask. :embarassed:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

I have some concerns and some to much info kind of question, but I am a little embarassed to ask. :embarassed:

You could always PM someone if you don't want to ask on the boards, Jules! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Well its not really weightloss related.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Mrsbuzz dont be embarressed ask away no one will think any the less of you.

Stacey Sucrolose is not bad like aspartamene this is evil stuff linked to all kinds of issued I have banned it from my house my kids cant even drink flavoured juice anymore except when my parents fill them with it then they all end up rushing to the toilet in the middle of the night what fun all because my parents refuse to listen to my wishes my kids love to drink water so why cant they listen (because the are arrogant and think they are perfect but thats another conversation) sweeteners like truvia and splenda are fine just not aspareteme. Also I notice you add marshmallows as a snack I would really cut down on the sugar increase the fiber even if you need to take a supplement marshmallows are so easy to eat no fat etc but no fat usually means fattening you get an insulin spike then crash and burn leaving you hungry again it isnt good for your system eat something like dark choc high cocoa like 70% a little treat full of iron and antioxidants etc much better for you 4 squares is usually around 100 - 140 cals I break it up into little pieces and suck it til it melts yummm.

Who was who asked about lighter periods if you are still breastfeeding you normally get lighter periods as the hormone to produce milk is the same as the pill I never had any periods when I was breastfeeding and didnt think when I put Charley on solids to use another form of contraception hence Paige

Well didnt walk the dogs I forgot should have gone after school but got distracted and only just remembered. Feeling a bit better today still really tired really sore breasts thinking could maybe be preggo only got to wait to next week to find out could explain the tiredness too. This week seems to going slow I am getting impatient to find out now I know there are some tests that tell you earky but I dont want to take one of those as if it isnt a viable pregnancy it will be neg next week got to give everything time to do its stuff. I am still in awe that I am carrying th ingrediants for another child it amazes me every time.
    Tomorrow is another day have a good one all.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Okay then I will ask my question. Please don't think bad of me.

Okay for the last 3 days about 3 or 4 pm I get a sick feeling with some nausea and then ( this is the nasty part) I get really bad smelly gas.:embarassed: I mean I want to clear myself out of the room. My bowls are off too, I just haven't felt like myself for days.:grumble: I don't know what to do. I am so tired. My hubby is gone this week and I am left with 2 very active boys who don't listen. I have no patience and I am just so lost on what to do. Are these symptoms of anything??

Thanks for listening. Glad I have you all to help me out.

Much love:flowerforyou:
  • tazzy
    Options
    Mrs buzz have you changed anything in your diet like eating more fruit coz too much fruit can give you gas. As for the sick feeling could it be stress as this does something to your body my mum literally throws up when she is stressed. Maybe try drinking some peppermint tea great for the digestion and camomile to help with the stress of your boys. Is it possible to maybe take your boys to a park to let off steam I usually stick a casserole in the oven the dissappear for a couple of hours tire the kids out then come home to a nice dinner and bath the kids then tuck them up in bed and chill.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Okay then I will ask my question. Please don't think bad of me.

Okay for the last 3 days about 3 or 4 pm I get a sick feeling with some nausea and then ( this is the nasty part) I get really bad smelly gas.:embarassed: I mean I want to clear myself out of the room. My bowls are off too, I just haven't felt like myself for days.:grumble: I don't know what to do. I am so tired. My hubby is gone this week and I am left with 2 very active boys who don't listen. I have no patience and I am just so lost on what to do. Are these symptoms of anything??

Thanks for listening. Glad I have you all to help me out.

Much love:flowerforyou:

nausea? gassy? tired? are you sure you're not pregnant? :huh:
  • tazzy
    Options
    musicmom I agree with you I just didnt want to say it as I have pregnancy on the brain with trying for another myself.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I thought about that, but so many times I set myself up for not being prego. I am on birth control right now so not sure how possible it is for me to be prego, but I don't know. my sis just found out she is prego, so I would love to be prego too. Just not the right time. I havent had to much fruit, actually I haven't had a enough. I just not sure what to do, is it to early to take a test, I am not supposed to start for like 2 weeks. I just can't stand myself stinking so bad. Man the gas is just so awful, sorry to me so TMI. It hasn't been to bad tonight, but not sure what to do.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    a systemic yeast overgrowth can cause all of those symptoms. especially if your eating a lot more sugar than normal or if you have been on antibiotics. you can try taking some probiotics and that may help everything. i had made a longer post but the interwebz at it on me.
    if you want more info on this feel free to PM me
  • staceyw37
    Options
    just wanted to say you all are so helpful. i didn't want to admit it on this board--but i ate 5 mini pie crusts. once i ate two i decided to just finish them off! i didn't want to tell you girls b/c you all just gave me such good advice and whaddaido?? eat the cr@p! but i'm not really mad at myself this time. i enjoyed them and learned i really can't handle having them in the house. some things i can easily resist, like the kids' ice cream cups or pepperoni pizza, but others just can't be here if i want to succeed at the weight loss goal, and retraining my tastes/habits.
    it did motivate me to do some cardio dvd tonight. and all 3 kids were "joining" :laugh: so that was fun. and in the end, i'm 150 over my cals (if 1340 is my daily allotment), so i don't mind.
    and as i said earlier, i can FEEL the changes so i'm just charging forward.

thank you for all the awesome advice! and thank you for letting me tell my screw-up's. :heart:
  • wilted6orchid
    Options
    Stacey, you know, I went way over on cals today at lunch and I had to bust my tail exercising this afternoon. The neighbor baked cookies for me and the boys. So sweet, I couldn't say no could I?! But, I did my exercise and so manage to have a decent dinner. That's what I love about this site. Before I would have eaten the cookies, and then had no clue that dinner needed to be lighter or I needed to burn off them cookies :laugh:

Tazzy, I'm glad you mentioned about the nursing in conjunction with the lighter period. This is my first time ever nursing this long. Derald went 3 mo. and Gavin 6 mo., but Gabriel is 9 mo. old and still nursing well, (YAY). So I've never gotten to this part where my period is trying to start AND I'm still nursing. This is a clever thought that I had missed. I was thinking it might be from the new exercises, but I'm not that consistent or frequent or whatever. I think you might be onto something here. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Well, it's 11:04 here in Alaska...what the heck am I doing at the computer still?! Good night everybody.:yawn:
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    just wanted to say you all are so helpful. i didn't want to admit it on this board--but i ate 5 mini pie crusts. once i ate two i decided to just finish them off! i didn't want to tell you girls b/c you all just gave me such good advice and whaddaido?? eat the cr@p! but i'm not really mad at myself this time. i enjoyed them and learned i really can't handle having them in the house. some things i can easily resist, like the kids' ice cream cups or pepperoni pizza, but others just can't be here if i want to succeed at the weight loss goal, and retraining my tastes/habits.
    it did motivate me to do some cardio dvd tonight. and all 3 kids were "joining" :laugh: so that was fun. and in the end, i'm 150 over my cals (if 1340 is my daily allotment), so i don't mind.
    and as i said earlier, i can FEEL the changes so i'm just charging forward.

thank you for all the awesome advice! and thank you for letting me tell my screw-up's. :heart:
    i went over yesterday too. i went to a jewelry party and spent way too much and ate a brownie,two cookies and some salsa dip with cheese.

but i wanted to tell you it wasnt the first time
    when i had just started MFP i was really good about everything. i know I am a social binger. ie if I go out with people i eat way toooooo much
    so my mother took me to her banquet for a portuguese singing group she is in and i did really well... until the deserts came out family style with plates and plates of them. even after dancing for 1 hour i was over calls by 300. niiiice. deserts are such a trigger for me.
    we just get back on the horse and keep riding