Stay-At-Home Moms 3/23-3/29

Options

Replies

• mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    Abby just started screaming for fun too! It's not my favorite thing but its funny when she even surprises herself.

I need to go get her portraits done but Sears is always an arm and a leg...Where are you going to do Harleys?
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Abby just started screaming for fun too! It's not my favorite thing but its funny when she even surprises herself.

I need to go get her portraits done but Sears is always an arm and a leg...Where are you going to do Harleys?

Do all of you live close together or just know each other really well??? Everyone seems really close on in this group! :happy:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    got my workout done havent done shred yet will fit it in later went to go for a walk and got talking to one of the mums at preschool so didnt get very far there either really tired though. Felt strange after my workout today it was a good workout but I was sweating more than normal and felt quite light headed afterwards I did have a good breakfast so dont understand why I felt so wobbly still think I am suffering from being ill last week not feeling on top form yet hopefully soon.

Kids are being so loving at the moment and they haven t had a fight yet this week which is great I get used to playing referee which gets tiring after a while. I booked my daughter into the bibbiddi bobbiddi boutique for our holiday and we got a table at 1900 park fare Cinderella makes an appearance there with prince charming my little princess is so thrilled maybe thats why they are being good. I cant believe we go in 10 week and 2 days time so much to organise so little time.

For those who wonder how I cope with the cake situation it kills me I give the scraps to the kids and yes I chew gum lots of it. I do taste the icing though and since I have been eating clean it is way to sweet I dont even like milk choc anymore only dark choc for me. I like to keep my sugar intake low I rely a lot on wholegrains to fill me up all day long.

Have a great day all I have to go food shopping whoopeee I just love that so do the kids but its got to be done.
  • mossmommy
    Options

Do all of you live close together or just know each other really well??? Everyone seems really close on in this group! :happy:

nope! we just read and comment.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Harley is past startling herself. I don't know if she likes making her own ears ring or if it doesn't rattle her brain like it does to me.

We go to Sears. We got a super saver card. The 1st time we went we paid $10 for the card and had to spend at least $50. But now we get no sitting fee no matter hoe many people are in the picture, a free 8x10 everytime we go, and BYGO free for the other sheets. So we usually get a sheet of wallets (so one sheet free). Since we go every month, that's usually all we get so it's under $9. But today we'll probably get more since it's for Easter. But it's only like $8 per sheet.
  • mossmommy
    Options

Harley is past startling herself. I don't know if she likes making her own ears ring or if it doesn't rattle her brain like it does to me.

We go to Sears. We got a super saver card. The 1st time we went we paid $10 for the card and had to spend at least $50. But now we get no sitting fee no matter hoe many people are in the picture, a free 8x10 everytime we go, and BYGO free for the other sheets. So we usually get a sheet of wallets (so one sheet free). Since we go every month, that's usually all we get so it's under $9. But today we'll probably get more since it's for Easter. But it's only like $8 per sheet.

well thats not bad at all, i should go get one
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Searsportrait.com often has coupons-- that's what we usually do when we go for the family sitting. Thankfully we find a coupon that has no sitting fee-- 11 people times $14.99 sitting fee = mucho dinero !! We always seem to find a good coupon.

Good morning one and all-- just popping in and out-- back to work!!!!!!!!!

Basketball game tonight-- second round of playoffs for Hope (9), then practice for another one, grandma and pa for dinner-- typing, typing, typing-- woooo-- Calgon, take me away--

Have a great day!
  • Marla64
    Options

Sorry-- laughing-- since you go every month-- new mommies are so cute. :laugh:

I took Caleb for his 6 month picture back in May of '08-- the photo is still there waiting for me to pick it up. :noway:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I understand the new mommy thing. When my first son was born we took him every three months. With my second we went once. I feel awful about it but we have a digital camera so we have so many picks of him its ridiculous. Trey's is all on rolls of film. So i guess it equals out.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

hi amber! welcome! this is just a great group of women--very kind, supportive, helpful and knowledgeable. :smile: so join in however/whenever you want. we don't live near one another--pretty soon i'll post up screen name and real name and other data we shared recently.
    so to complete the list--how old are you? where are you? and if you want to share kidlet info (as much or as little detail as comfortable), that too.
    we talk about mommy stuff, weight loss stuff, whatever. marla64 and 3babybeans have been on a long time so maybe they'll chime in w/more to add.
    i've only been here a month or so and really love having these mfp friends.
    so enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    for mommies w/screaming babies--many people recommend ear plugs. say it dsn't block out the sound entirely but does cut out the shrillness of it. also, could use an ipod.
    i feel for you. #2 is still a screecher (at her little bro) and with vaulted ceilings and tiled floors--4pm and i'm ready to kill/smother them!

anyway, hope sugg is helpful. and lori--putting her in the crib was smart. that's a safe place for her when you're losing it. good on you! :flowerforyou:

later chicas :heart:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I also have a screamer. He came into this world screaming! In the pictures of his birth, my babysitter commented that I looked, well...like OMGosh!:noway: :laugh: So not the newborn cry that's oh so cute!

He is 9 mo and is just starting to calm down, well, a little bit. But yes, please remember that constant screaming will gnaw away at any sane person. If the baby is inconsolable and there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with him, the safest place for him is in the crib. Never, never, never shake a baby! It's sooo dangerous. It's much better for both of you if you lay him in the crib and walk away. Even a 20 min. break will do wonders for your sanity.:flowerforyou: Of course this is assuming there isn't anything else wrong. If a baby is inconsolable for 3 hours or more I would take him to the doctor.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sorry, years of child care will beat the shaken baby syndrome into a person's head.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL My oldest was the same way, Orchid! we had the room furthest from the nurses station. They took him down to check him out or something & we could STILL hear him screaming like he was on fire. 3.5 years later, he still screams like he's on fire! :laugh: Of course he was the one that had to have ear infection after ear infection as an infant, too. Talk about needing ear plugs!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    I cant be bothered doing shred it is 7pm the kids havent eaten yet it is in the oven will be done in 10 mins my dinner is in wont be ready for an 1 hour really flagging it is so cold out and I just cant seem to warm up I think I will serve up the kids meals and then sneak off and jump in the tub with loads of bubbles to warm myself up really cant shake this cold it is just lingering and draining my energy another early night for me I think.

I think everyone gets blessed (cursed) with a screamer my middle girls Charley she is so cute and dainty but omg when she screams it is deafening she was like that from day 1 she also knows it gets daddys attn so when she cant get her own way of she goes I have to place her in a separate room for punishment as the corner doesnt work because she screams so load I end up giving in to her so for the last year or so when she is naughty she has to go on the stairs with the door shut to keep her noise out. My other two arent like this though thank god I would be a nervous wreck if they were.

Still got to do the paper tears out of icing for her cake if I dont get them done today they will be too floppy and the cake will be ruined. I'll get to it later when the kids are in bed.

I will get up tomorrow and do shred I may even do level 1 followed by level 2 to make up for not doing it yest and today tomorrow should be a rest day but I feel like I am slacking off so need to make up for it. I will also walk the dogs an extra long walk tomorrow. Then I must go to the bank and I help the school take the kids for swimming on a wed only tomorrow and next week then they break up I will mis my weekly swimming lessons it is great fun being involved with what my son does I dont take his group but the group above him so I do get to see his progress which if I was at home I wouldnt see I want to get more involved with what he does in school it is a nice feeling getting to know his school friends and who to keep him away from if you know what I mean.

Thats me for today have a good night everybody chat tomorrow.

Vicky:heart::heart: :heart:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello. Seems like it's been a super-busy last couple of days and I've only had time to scan through the posts so sorry for not addressing everyone! Hope everyone is doing ok and I totally hear you all about the weekend eating being rough! I am thankful to have maintained by 5 lbs. lost but it seems like the scale is going no where! I had a great workout yesterday - rode bareback on trails with some friends, trotting and galloping for an hour and walking for another 30 minutes. Today I did an aerobics dvd (while my children stood to the side laughing at me :) ) - I am hoping all this cardio will have some effect! Even 1/2 lb. lost this week would be an encouragement! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    vicky, sorry you're still not feeling well. it doesn't sound like you're slacking off, just giving your body the extra rest it needs to get well. :heart: also, i read/heard somewhere that being cold can weaken your immune system. so, enjoy that bath and bundle up after!

kathy--good for you for keeping at it. i keep telling myself that weight loss is just around the corner and so don't blow it. think about how where you are now is still 5 lbs less than before and your healthy habits are getting stronger each day you stick with the plan.
    i now give myself a star sticker when i have met my daily goals (sticking to cals, not eating after 8 pm etc etc). i'm not kidding--getting that sticker is motivating!

i have a runner in my ticker like you--i think it should face backward for when i gained a pound! then i would really know i better get my butt in gear! :laugh:

we are all amazing women--so keep at it! :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i was reading SELF mag at the gym today. And wow, they were right on my topic about cals in evening and carb eating, etc. as part of the self challenge, there were pages on exercise guides and menus. so helpful. and a page on the stress eater, cheap eater, social eater, and burned out binger. i could see myself in 2 of the descriptions and am going to try to incorporate the suggestions to combat/work with my tendencies. plus there were lots of other little nuggets of info to help on this journey. so, the april self is a winner!

time for lunch and paying bills and....hope you all enjoy your day! :heart:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    it's me again! just wondering how y'all feel about aspartame--
    do you limit it? not drink or eat anything with it? totally fine with it?

i'm not sure which way i want to go (still researching), so just curious what other moms do.

:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    it's me again! just wondering how y'all feel about aspartame--
    do you limit it? not drink or eat anything with it? totally fine with it?

i'm not sure which way i want to go (still researching), so just curious what other moms do.

:flowerforyou:

Never touch the stuff-- we have enough crap in our food as far as preservatives, et cetera-- why beg for more chemicals? Real sugar or nuttin' for this woman.