What should I do with won ton wrappers?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Well, heat a small amount of canola oil in a pan, and cut them into smaller squares if they are the largest ones, then drop them into the hot oil and turn over after just a few seconds. Take them out of the oil once they are golden, and sprinkle with salt or what ever you like!
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts so someone may have already suggested this...if so, sorry!

We use a mini muffin tin, put a won ton wrapper in each cup and cut a string cheese in small pieces and pinch together. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes and voila, cheese sticks.

We will also do a piece of pepperoni and some shredded cheese and then dip in pizza sauce.

Good luck!
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumping up for awesome ideas!! :). Check out the first 500 posts....yummmmmmm
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    baked crab Rangoon. I found a recipe on kraft.com and logged in as a new recipe on mfp right here>>> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/51998801 I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy and pretty low calorie. I also found a recipe for making the wonton wrappes into baked "chips" and using them in the crab dip. I bet you could use them with some fruit and have crispy individual desserts too.
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl Fiesta Bites (we call them Taco Cupcakes in my house)

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 74.1
    Total Fat: 1.8 g
    Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
    Sodium: 109.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
    Protein: 7.4 g

Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients
    12 small square wonton wrappers
    2 tbsp. taco sauce
    1 tbsp. cream cheese (she recommends fat-free but I calculated with regular)
    1 tsp dry taco seasoning
    10-oz can chicken breast, flaked (or I've cooked fresh)
    1/4 c. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/4 c. corn, thawed from frozen
    1/4 shredded cheddar cheese (she recommends fat-free, but I calculated with regular)

Directions
    Spray a muffin pan and place the wonton wrappers into the cups. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 350 for 4 minutes or until they start to brown. Remove from oven and leave oven on.

Mix up cream cheese, taco sauce and taco seasoning. Add chicken and stir to combine. Add beans, corn and cheddar cheese, and stir well. You can season to taste with salt and pepper.

Spoon the mixture into the wonton shells, about 2 tbsp. each. Return pan to oven and bake for about 8 minutes, until chicken mix is hot.

Optional, top with tomato.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Not taking the time to check all the posts so hopefully this hasn't been repeated but...

7-8 wonton wrappers (dep on how hungry I am in am)
    3-4 ounces cooked chicken
    2 tsp. Frank's buffalo sauce
    2 wedges light garlic & herbs laughing cow wedges

Press wonton wrappers in muffin tin (no need to even spray). Mush everything else together w/a fork. Divide evenly to fill wonton wrappers. Bake at 400 for 8 mins.

I've also done with turkey taco meat topped with cheese or salsa. Possibilities are endless.
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A pretty old recipe thread, but pretty awesome!! Bumpity bump bump.
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump to follow