What should I do with won ton wrappers?

Options
misslilylou
misslilylou Posts: 71 Member
Need some good ideas for what to put in won ton wrappers! I just picked some up tonight and I want to try a million different things with them! I have a few ideas up my sleeve... dollop of cream cheese, a bit of raspberry jam, and a jalapeno. Chicken, cheese, and hot sauce... Let's hear those ideas!!!

Replies

• misslilylou
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Homemade ravioli are so good made with won ton wrappers. Low fat riccotta cheese, sauteed chopped spinach, 1/4 c egg whites or 1 whole egg.
    Put in lightly simmering water for 5 min. They are so delicate and delicious,
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I put nutella and almond butter in them :)
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just saw this recipe today! Lasagna cupcakes.... I'm sure if you make the other ingredients lower fat it would be very healthy, plus its portion controlled.

http://www.cruftbox.com/blog/archives/001618.html
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
  • DiHenson02
    DiHenson02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    apples peeled and diced and cinnamon with a little bit of reduced fat cream cheese...yum!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    my husband loved these but they are really spicy so if you make them you might want to lose less pepper

http://www.dashingdish.com/2011/10/asian-shrimp-dumplings/

Ive also made lasagna cupcakes, and french dip cupcakes with them both of which came out really good
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I make crab rangoon, and they are so tasty! Adjust quantities to your own taste. This recipe will make enough for an entire package of wonton wrappers.

1 pkg. Philadelphia low fat cream cheese
    10 oz crab claw meat or imitation, shredded
    2 -3 scallions, green parts only, very finely chopped

Mix ingredients, then spoon into wonton wrappers. Fold on the diagonal, and seal with a bit of water. Spray both sides with non-stick spray, then bake @ 350 until puffy and light golden brown. Serve with sweet & sour sauce. Delicious as an appetizer, or with soup for a meal.
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bump!!!
  • KimR87
    Options
    Heres the recipe for the French Dip Cupcakes
    http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/french-dip-cupcakes.html

and heres the recipe for the lasagna cupcakes
    http://www.emilybites.com/2011/07/lasagna-cupcakes.html

On that same site she has recipes for buffalo chicken cupcakes, taco cupcakes, and cheeseburger cupcakes I havent tried them though.

I definately need to try the crab rangoons
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I spray them and a baking sheet with non stick spray and then sprinkle with garlic powder - they make really good chips! Hungry girl also has some good won ton recipes - crab rangoon and chocolate ravioli. Yum!
  • KimR87
    Options
    I spray them and a baking sheet with non stick spray and then sprinkle with garlic powder - they make really good chips! Hungry girl also has some good won ton recipes - crab rangoon and chocolate ravioli. Yum!

i just looked those up thanks so much i need to try the chocolate ravioli
  • misslilylou
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far!! Those french dip cupcakes look AMAZING! I am definitely going to try those soon!
  • KimR87
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far!! Those french dip cupcakes look AMAZING! I am definitely going to try those soon!

They were really good and extremely easy to make
  • iowatransplant
    iowatransplant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Last night I stuffed the won ton wrappers with 1/3 laughing cow. I also used WW cheese spread, jalelpeno flavored. I sprayed them with Pam and baked. They came out crispy and awesome.They were amazing. You really only need to use a 1/3 of a wedge. My son wouldnt quit eating them.LOL. But YUMMMMM :smile:
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    bump!