What should I do with won ton wrappers?

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I like to bake them pressed into mini-muffin tins to make cups. Then I fill them with ricotta cheese that's been mixed with ranch dressing mix and chopped green onions. Top with diced cherry tomatoes and green onions and maybe small pieces of bacon. Makes a great appetizer or snack!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    All Sound so good,
    I like to use ground turkey, and salsa in mine!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bumping to come back later and see what other great ideas you guys come up with!!

I have tried the lasagna cupcakes....AWESOME and with only three of us in the family, leftovers reheated wonderfully!

I have also made breakfast egg cups with them, spray muffin tin, press a wonton down into tin, take one egg and beat it, then divide between two cups, cut up cooked bacon drop it in and sprinkle with cheese. turned out sooooo good. The nice thing is you can put anything you want in them.

My next one to try is the beef slider cupcakes, can't wait!!
  • Amberelise40
    Amberelise40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This was our V'day dinner last night:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-ravioli-with-lemon-sage-brown-butter-10000001662815/

I got it from Cooking Light magazine several years ago, and it remains one of my favorite recipes.
  • jsuemiranda
    jsuemiranda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe and it sounds tasty.

Baked Mozzarella Sticks

4 pieces of string cheese cut in half
    4 egg roll wrappers cut in half
    olive oil
    salt (optional)
    marinara, spaghetti sauce, salsa, or ranch

Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese. Brush cheese sticks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve with sauce of choice. Yum!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    yum
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    on here there's a thread of "what to do with egg roll wrappers" I just use wonton wrappers instead. The tacos are amazing. I also made apple pie in them, rolled them up with ground beef and onions, wrapped pepperoni sticks and cheese up, sauherkraut (sp) and sausage...what ever you want to stuff in them, just make sure you wet the edges when closing or they won't stick. I also made amazing wonton soup, but just google some recipe sites and you'll see a lot of uses for them. My favorite sites are

supercook.com
    skinnytaste.com
    hungrygirl.com
    kitchenparade.com
    eatingwell.com
  • italiannana123
    Options
    cut them in half -lay them on a cookie sheet spray with pam- sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on them and bake at 400* for 7 minutes. you can have 16 halves per serving! they are wonderful...lots of crunch. A great snacking substitute for chips. Be creative and sprinkle on whatever seasoning you like. Enjoy!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    5 Best Ways to Use Wonton Wrappers

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/?s=petite+lasagna
  • mezzofanti
    Options
    bump
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    stuff with spinach and tofu, then steam!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natalielowe
    Options
    bump
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    Bump!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great ideas for later. thanks for sharing.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Try golden raisins sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    bump