What should I do with won ton wrappers?

Options

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    search MFP forums for Cupcake Lasagna They are easy to make and yummy. I did find that I needed more ricotta cheese and sauce. Also less parmesaan cheese.
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    From what I've learned here on MFP, you can do just about anything with won ton wrappers. Take ingredients that you like, put em in wontons (or eggroll wrappers if you want to be crazy), and eat.

Here are a few things that I've done that are super yummy (though not tradition things you would put in wontons, lol):

- Lasagna cupcakes (I think someone else mentioned these already)
    - Taco cupcakes (like the lasagna ones, except you use seasoned beef and cheddar cheese, topped with some salsa)
    - Buffalo chicken (aka grilled chicken with hot sauce) with low-fat bleu cheese crumbs + brocolli slaw
    - Low fat ricotta, grilled chicken, and spinach (served with tomato sauce for potential dipping, if desired)
    - Sliced apples with a little cinnamon and sugar
    - Crumbled turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, and a little hot sauce
    - Baked apples and a little low-fat cream cheese (any fruit really)
    - Grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms
  • arettaballantyne
    Options
    Try filling them with sauted veggies, your choice of which ones, then perhaps steam or saute until lightly browned.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Banana Wontons....

1 banana
    1 tbs chocolate chips
    won ton wrappers
    butter flavor cooking spray

mix banana and chocolate chips together
    place inside wonton wrapper, close up wrap
    spray with cooking spray bake for 15 min or until golden brown

sprinkle with powder sugar (optional)

enjoy...they freeze well and warm up in just a few seconds in microwave

makes at least 12...
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow, who knew there were so many things you could do with won ton wrappers?
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use them to make cannoli shells! Yes...my mother would turn over in her grave to know I didn't use her recipe, but the wanton wrappers come out nice and thin, crispy and alot less calories than a real cannoli shell.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Asian style dumplings are very easy. Just take some ground turkey or tofu and mix in soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, and fresh minced garlic to taste. Use this as a filling for the wrappers. The wrappers can be steamed or pan-fried. Make a quick dipping sauce with soy sauce and rice vinegar (optionally chili paste, sriacha, scallions, sesame seeds/oil, garlic, ginger). They are so good! Also, they freeze well.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got some the other day and I'm planning to make the lasagne and taco ones. But I didn't even think about all the sweet dessert options for won ton wrappers!
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    From what I've learned here on MFP, you can do just about anything with won ton wrappers. Take ingredients that you like, put em in wontons (or eggroll wrappers if you want to be crazy), and eat.

Here are a few things that I've done that are super yummy (though not tradition things you would put in wontons, lol):

- Lasagna cupcakes (I think someone else mentioned these already)
    - Taco cupcakes (like the lasagna ones, except you use seasoned beef and cheddar cheese, topped with some salsa)
    - Buffalo chicken (aka grilled chicken with hot sauce) with low-fat bleu cheese crumbs + brocolli slaw
    - Low fat ricotta, grilled chicken, and spinach (served with tomato sauce for potential dipping, if desired)
    - Sliced apples with a little cinnamon and sugar
    - Crumbled turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, and a little hot sauce
    - Baked apples and a little low-fat cream cheese (any fruit really)
    - Grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    bump
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    bump
  • momnorg
    momnorg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    these all sound great. may have to try some :smile:
  • epikes1
    epikes1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check out hungrygirl.com She has a bunch and the ones I've tried are really good!!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    bump to the bump bump!
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    Wow so many things. Now do decide which one to do first.
  • pmuscil
    Options
    Pierogies:

Cut wraps into circles. Prep leftover mashed potatoes (or you could just microwave and mash a potato) by adding a little Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream, S&P to taste. Spoon potatoes onto wraps and using water seal and crimp the edges. Saute w/ sliced onion in a little olive oil until brown and crispy and serve with cinnamon applesauce.
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    bump!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump