Replies

• hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Fort Worth, TX

Lots of Texas people around.
    Does that mean we all eat to much!!?

Gosh, I hope not! But we're trying not to, right? :smile:

It means we ate too much and now we're on the right track. Its just hard in a place where everything is bigger.

Wonder, I accept your peace offering of a bottle of Jack. Welcome to the country/BBQ.
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Chicago Illinois....You are making me hungry with talk of ribeyezzzz and Triple Sec Chicken..
    Its 43' and cloudy... I need my sun!!! :cry:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Odessa , Texas :smile:
  • wonderwouldyou
    wonderwouldyou Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It means we ate too much and now we're on the right track. Its just hard in a place where everything is bigger. Wonder, I accept your peace offering of a bottle of Jack. Welcome to the country/BBQ.

Thank you Mr President.

Very happy to be here!
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

It means we ate too much and now we're on the right track. Its just hard in a place where everything is bigger.

Wonder, I accept your peace offering of a bottle of Jack. Welcome to the country/BBQ.
    [/quote]

Can we call this wonderful new paradise the United Republics of Utopia? I think we've proven that any problem can be solved with food (healthy, of course) alcohol (in moderation) and music...:laugh:

Kath1804 should have a prominent position since she's the reason for this thread/melting pot of beautiful people from beautiful states and countries...:flowerforyou:

(well, that quote thing didn't work out too well, but you know what I was trying to do :blushing: )
  • YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Hio!

Born and raised in Alaska (Eagle River).... Moved to Boston to go to college, now live in New Hampshire with the hubby. It's 53 degrees outside, and I'm LOVING it!

I wish my work had a retractable roof on days like this...... :grumble: Wouldn't that be NICE?? :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

I want to move to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man I'm jealous! That's where I'm going on my honeymoon!!!

:happy:
  • hartkid13
    Options

[/quote]

Can we call this wonderful new paradise the United Republics of Utopia? I think we've proven that any problem can be solved with food (healthy, of course) alcohol (in moderation) and music...:laugh:

Kath1804 should have a prominent position since she's the reason for this thread/melting pot of beautiful people from beautiful states and countries...:flowerforyou:

(well, that quote thing didn't work out too well, but you know what I was trying to do :blushing: )
    [/quote]

Great idea, Rachael. "You dance with the one that brung ya."
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options

This is a weird thing to say, but I love Odessa
  • Rachael
    Options

This is a weird thing to say, but I love Odessa

You know what? I do too!!! When I was in the Navy (stationed in San Angelo, TX, if you can believe that), we always went home via the airport in Midland/Odessa. So I always equate Midland/Odessa to going home.

Plus we turn left in Odessa to go to the desert (Terlingua - love it down there!)
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hio!

Born and raised in Alaska (Eagle River).... Moved to Boston to go to college, now live in New Hampshire with the hubby. It's 53 degrees outside, and I'm LOVING it!

I wish my work had a retractable roof on days like this...... :grumble: Wouldn't that be NICE?? :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

I want to move to Alaska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man I'm jealous! That's where I'm going on my honeymoon!!!

:happy:

Oh really!? When are you getting married!!?? I LOVE weddings! :heart: :smooched:
    You should PM me when it's getting close, I'll give you some nice places to go. I think MissResa's (sp) from AK as well.....
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rachael, thanks for the position, i'll bring the music, Wonder seems to be intent on supplying the booze, and we shall all gather together in the United Republics of Utopia, :flowerforyou:
  • Rachael
    Options

Rachael, thanks for the position, i'll bring the music, Wonder seems to be intent on supplying the booze, and we shall all gather together in the United Republics of Utopia, :flowerforyou:

I'm in! Thanks for starting this great thread. It's been so much fun!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Thats until I see the occasional person from Florida come down to my part of the world and realize you take your weather for granted. True story, the poor girl looked freezing while the rest of were standing around like it was warm out. True story :)

I never take my Florida sunshine for granted. I soak up as much of it as I can.

I've been through enough hurricanes to know that you never take the weather for granted. I'm well prepared for storms.

When the wind dies down the rain leaves bigger puddles for my Jeep to play in.

In the meantime I won't have to shovel and salt my driveway.

This to me is priceless! :)

This is why I don't take the summer storms we get for granted and I'm grateful I don't live where they get hurricanes.

We do get the occasional tornado during the summer though.

I'll take the cold weather over hurracanes anyday of the week
  • rncarol94
    rncarol94 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nederland, Texas! I had to evacuate twice last year from hurricanes. The first time I went to Austin, and the second we went to Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was so beautiful there!
  • wonderwouldyou
    Options
    We shall all eat, drink and be merry sitting on top of the world with our legs hanging free!

And in shape! :noway:

I should hope to add all of you to my friends list :)
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Chicago Illinois....You are making me hungry with talk of ribeyezzzz and Triple Sec Chicken..
    Its 43' and cloudy... I need my sun!!! :cry:

OMG someone else from Chi-town :) YAY!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

GREAT... ill bring the comedy... :laugh: :tongue:

Wonder you best be bringing a couple EXTRA bottles of Jack :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Me and Jack go way back... :glasses:
  • hartkid13
    Options

Wonder you best be bringing a couple EXTRA bottles of Jack :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Jack is one of the three wisemen, and my favorite. :drinker:
    I'll bring the cigars if anyone is interested.
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    Jack is one of the three wisemen, and my favorite. :drinker:

I thought the men of the glergy could not drink or smoke cigars??? that must be a loose Ordinung that you came from... :laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • wonderwouldyou
    Options

That's John Daniels son, when you've known him as long as I have :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Jack is one of the three wisemen, and my favorite.

I'll take a Carlos Torano Virtuoso please!:smokin: