• jeclpi
    jeclpi Posts: 28
    Options
    ...The Truth Is Out There....
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to go away :)
    Another person wanting to police the boards. Guess what? If you post something in the forums, you'll get replies from people. I replied to the OP, directly addressing his post. But because I don't agree, you think I should just go away? Doesn't work like that here.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    ATTENTION MFP-

I'm currently drinking a cup of coffee.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I also just burnt my tongue while drinking this coffee.

Still, this coffee is quite tasty.

That is all, carry on.

Do you like your coffee like you like your women? Ground up and in the freezer? :O

i like my coffee like i like my man ... kinda hot :)

This ^ ;)
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to go away :)
    Another person wanting to police the boards. Guess what? If you post something in the forums, you'll get replies from people. I replied to the OP, directly addressing his post. But because I don't agree, you think I should just go away? Doesn't work like that here.

Yah, that wasn't cool. :noway:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

:laugh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

^^^^^ This...... lol
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    ATTENTION MFP-

I'm currently drinking a cup of coffee.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

I also just burnt my tongue while drinking this coffee.

Still, this coffee is quite tasty.

That is all, carry on.

Do you like your coffee like you like your women? Ground up and in the freezer? :O

i like my coffee like i like my man ... kinda hot :)

define "kinda". :wink: :tongue:
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So entertaining....thanks everyone! :) Just my opinion of course.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Personally, and this may only work for me, but, I like the opinions and hearing what has worked for other people. I realize that their way may not be the right way. I certainly dont really look for concrete answers here. I am mostly here for support and to be able to talk to people that have some of the same struggles. I am also incredibly interested in the lengths that people will go to accomplish their goals. When I want ACTUAL instruction, I go to my personal trainer, my nutritionist or my doctor. Since none of you are any of them, I will continue to just enjoy the interaction.

Yes.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If people are just starting out or starting back, they absolutely should talk to a doctor. Isn't that what every health & fitness website, exercise machine, product, etc says in their disclaimers? I agree with OP on that 100%. Talk to an expert. I'd even venture to say that a trainer isn't perfectly reliable for advice; some of them (not all or even most, of course) have little more training than a week-long class and a CPR certification. If you have science or health questions, are making major lifestyle changes or are new to fitness, talk to your doctor.

This, however, is a Community board, for asking the rest of the community. If people ask questions of the community, they're going to get layperson opinion and experience answers. It's not reasonable for posters to expect that ONLY experts are going to answer them, and it's not up to us to police it.

I'm no expert runner or master chef, but Imma go ahead and keep commenting on what hydration system and pre- and mid-run snacks work for me, based on my experience.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    So, basically if anyone wants good information, they're supposed to contact you? Well, unless they need spelling and grammar help. You start a thread sure to cause drama, yet your profile says you try to stay out of drama. I love irony.
    Not at all. There are a lot of people on the boards who know this stuff inside out and backwards. Those are the people who should be doing the bulk of the posting around here, not the "you should eat your exercise calories because I do and it works for me" people.

If you're not going to support your advice with science, or at least logic, then don't post.

Not everyone is in this to run Triathlons. Isn't there a site for hard core athletes. Then you won't have to deal with us peons.

Maybe these would be better.

http://maleathletes.blogspot.com/
    http://runlonger.blogspot.com/
    http://www.invesp.com/blog-rank/Running
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    An orange fish.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    reminds me of the same guy who tell me i can overwork out.

The Over Category :

Over Drinking
    Over Eating
    Over Dosing
    Over Medicating
    and last - Over Exercising
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2375254148_3201d51045_o.gif

BTW - I love this /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious .... who is qualified to answer these questions according to you?

People who actually know what they are talking about. People who actually understand the concept of exercise calories or starvation mode or metabolism or whatever else is in question. NOT people who simply repeat what they read in a previous thread.

And how do you know who is and who isn't qualified. You may think I'm just some jo-blow and I may just have a degree in whatever the question is about. I may not. But how would you know?

I think that your topic should have been directed more toward the person recieving the information...... if you want solid, sound advice seek it from a professional. But instead, you attacked the general MFP population that gives advice based on personal experience. Typically when I post a question on here, I am asking for PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. If I wanted a professional opinion I would have asked my doctor.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    And this is the OP's disclaimer on his profile:
    ** This is not facebook, it's a fitness and nutrition website, and that's why I'm here. I try to avoid the drama as much as possible, and frankly I don't care about what ever else is going on in your life. If you want to talk health, fitness, training, etc, feel free to add me. If you have similar goals as I do, feel free to add me. If you like to moan and complain about work, home, whatever... then move along. **
    Way to avoid drama and not complain.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    <---- Singing "This is the Song That Never Ends....it just goes on and on my friends...."

And now, you are too. :bigsmile:
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Just a helpful suggestion again....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrbI1BRwc7Qvpi2ihofnCpifFo--C3FVDch0C70RuW6Ke6rGQ8ig
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    And this is the OP's disclaimer on his profile:
    ** This is not facebook, it's a fitness and nutrition website, and that's why I'm here. I try to avoid the drama as much as possible, and frankly I don't care about what ever else is going on in your life. If you want to talk health, fitness, training, etc, feel free to add me. If you have similar goals as I do, feel free to add me. If you like to moan and complain about work, home, whatever... then move along. **
    Way to avoid drama and not complain.

^^^ That is a personal attack on the OP. Not cool.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

Threads like this rarely turn out well, the OP has voiced their opinion, other posters have voiced theirs back and the only way is down.

Also this

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.