Weirdest Thing You've Eaten?

Options

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg

OMG! You ate Paula Dean! How the hell did you log that?
    LOL LOL LOL :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CeeBond
    CeeBond Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try durian at your own risk. I have and they are disgusting IMO because of the texture and taste. Definitely an acquired taste!!! Once was enough for me:happy:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Boomer bile. :P

I too have had this. :(
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Balut is nasty medicine!!! I've had cow tongue, fried alligator, toasted meal worms (they were tasty,) and cow head meat. All was delish!!!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Snapping turtle, sea urchin roe, stir-fried pigs' ears, kangaroo ... none of them weird of course to the people I was dining with ... used to eat smoked sturgeon, chicken hearts/gizzards, scrapple, head cheese, whole fried soft shelled crab, and blood sausage all the time when I was a kid and they seemed normal at the time to me ... not really sure what makes a food weird. I had elvers (whole baby eels) sauteed in garlic butter once at a Spanish restaurant on the West Coast ... they were absolutely delicious once you got past the fact that they looked like spaghetti with eyes. They're ungodly expensive now, though, so I suppose I'll never taste their deliciousness again.

The single most repulsive thing to me was the raw sea urchin roe, which I've had a couple of times at sushi bars ... tasted like sort of an iodine-y gelatinous custard but some folks love it. Fried brains (which my grandma served once) would be a close second.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    Roasted Guinea Pig :[ I'm sad to say it was actually really tasty, but if I had known what it was, it would have never entered my mouth.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    I lived in Africa for two years....need I say more lol?! we ate anything and everything!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Calf brain
  • kennethmayo
    Options
    I live in the south so I've eaten most wild game, but I guess the weirdest thing would be Deep Fried Crickets. Apparently this is a common dish in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Ate these with a missionary from there.
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ive had black pudding which a few others have called blood sausage.

It scottish I believe and so yum.

Its very rich, if you dont think about what it is made from, its just a delicious sausage
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am sick to my stomach, thanks guys LOL
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This thread is oddly fascinating...

I feel like my foods just aren't that interesting:
    alligator
    pork belly
    sweetbreads
    frog legs
    andouillette (tripe sausage)
    boudin noir (blood sausage)

I thought all of them were delicious, except for the andouillette. That was nasty.
  • KTKTP
    KTKTP Posts: 22
    Options
    rocky mountain oysters (aka bull testicles):noway:
    & dogfood
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Camel AND gator (gator tastes like chicken great!, camel effin gross!)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Boomer bile. :P

I too have had this. :(

What's it taste like? Do tell!
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty picky, and don't try many new things, but had Alligator. Disgusting.
  • tigger301780
    tigger301780 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yay something no one else seems to have mentioned yet: I ate dog in Indonesia. Not bad :D
  • frycase
    frycase Posts: 43
    Options
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg

OMG! You ate Paula Dean! How the hell did you log that?

If you put it in as about 200 sticks of butter and a box of Krispy Kremes, it works out pretty close.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sharks fin
    Camels Paw
    Some form of cooked/boiled Dove Egg (absolutely disgusting, at least how it was cooked)
    Sticky/Gelatin Rice

All things I "tried" when I was in China...the first two weren't that bad, the last two made me gag. Haha.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Aichee (cleaned sheep intestine wrapped around mutton fat and fried) - a Navajo specialty.

I will never do that again.

:sick: