1234568»

Replies

• fit4everyoung
    Options
    I am 5' 1 and CW is 108-109 GW 100!
  • CoffeeAndCrazy
    CoffeeAndCrazy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 20 years old. My highest weight was 193 lbs (very very large) and my lowest was 110 (my goal weight now). I currently weigh 173 lbs (still pretty heavy). My frame is large; wide shoulders and hips and such. 110 lbs is definitely the lowest I would go, because it looks painfully thin on me. I happen to like being able to hang my pants from my hipbones and count my ribs, though. LOL, kinda sick, but whatever.

However, my mom is the same height but her frame has always been small. Her shoulder and hip width is much less than mine even when we weigh the same. She's 105 and looks perfectly healthy.

I feel like those BMI charts and such are a bit misleading. My doctor said I should weigh 110-140 for my height, and I said HOLY CRAP, that's a huge difference! I don't go by the chart anymore. I will lose weight until I feel skinny. 110 is just the number I picked because I had to pick one and it's low. :)
  • anikisommer
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 and weight around 106 -107 right now. I want to be 100-95lbs ideally, then go from there and see where I'm comfortable at.
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I started here at 116lbs when 2012 started. I am now 31, I was always around the 98 to 104lb range throughout my adulthood, I was skinny fat because I never worked out or played any sport in my life. In 2010 I started working from home and I gained the extra weight. This year I wanted to start right by regulating my portions during meals as well as starting to move my butt. I don't have a goal weight. My goal is to see changes in my body and to have my old clothes fit me again comfortably. Lucky for me my body has been responding well to what I've been doing and I have started wearing these clothes again. I guess I am not interested about my weight because I didn't really gain a lot to begin with. However I agree that for smaller framed people a little weight gain does show a lot in some parts of the body. For me it was my face, arms, tummy, back, thighs - classic woman. But I encourage everyone not to get fixated on numbers and instead find the body that you want to work for and go for that! I measure my progress through pictures (every Sunday) and measurements (every 10 days). Here are pics I took at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 4th week. I forgot to take pics on the 3rd Sunday. The latest pictures are from last Sunday, Jan 29.

Week124.jpg
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I started here at 116lbs when 2012 started. I am now 31, I was always around the 98 to 104lb range throughout my adulthood, I was skinny fat because I never worked out or played any sport in my life. In 2010 I started working from home and I gained the extra weight. This year I wanted to start right by regulating my portions during meals as well as starting to move my butt. I don't have a goal weight. My goal is to see changes in my body and to have my old clothes fit me again comfortably. Lucky for me my body has been responding well to what I've been doing and I have started wearing these clothes again. I guess I am not interested about my weight because I didn't really gain a lot to begin with. However I agree that for smaller framed people a little weight gain does show a lot in some parts of the body. For me it was my face, arms, tummy, back, thighs - classic woman. But I encourage everyone not to get fixated on numbers and instead find the body that you want to work for and go for that! I measure my progress through pictures (every Sunday) and measurements (every 10 days). Here are pics I took at the end of 1st, 2nd, and 4th week. I forgot to take pics on the 3rd Sunday. The latest pictures are from last Sunday, Jan 29.

You look great

Week124.jpg
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 105. I'm 115 now and still have quite the pooch on my tummy.
  • bett_boop
    bett_boop Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'd like to be about 105, just because I think I look best that way, and to some people it sounds low but it is within the healthy BMI range - when I am at the upper end of healthy I feel I look to big, but that is probably because I have never worked out before.
  • thea0101
    Options

You look great

getfitnfab - Thank you!
  • peacelily0507
    Options

You look great

Week124.jpg

awesome job...you look great....at home workouts? I'm guessing heavy lifting??? that seems to be everyone's course that ends up getting toned up...i'm hoping to have some after pics of myself soon :/
  • thea0101
    Options

You look great

Week124.jpg

awesome job...you look great....at home workouts? I'm guessing heavy lifting??? that seems to be everyone's course that ends up getting toned up...i'm hoping to have some after pics of myself soon :/

No weights. I do 30min cardio around 5x a week (running, walking, treadmill, dancing, aerobics, etc). I do some sit ups and abdominal leg raises once in a while too, but I only log the cardio on MFP. :)
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1'' ish and currently weight 116, my GW is 105
  • charlie262m
    Options
    i am 5'6 and am 115 at the moment but my goal weight is about 100-105 lbs
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11. 110 is a little more than the middle of the range for me. I have a medium frame. The lowest I've gotten as an adult was 105. I didn't like it. I wasn't "too thin"...I looked great in clothes. The problem was that I was "too saggy" up top. Those last 5 pounds seemed to come mostly from my bust...and it wasnt pretty! If i were younger and the girls were perkier, I'd shoot for 105 with a lower percentage of body fat. But I decided I'd rather have a little inch to pinch with a full bust.
  • nathanna91
    nathanna91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet110 - Yes it is possible. I'm 5'2 and weight 110 lb. however it all depends on your frame. My ideal weight is 107 lbs. and working towards it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!