Does anyone else struggle to feel sexy?

Options

Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    :frown: EVERY FREAKIN MINUTE OF EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!... I tell my husband, "I'm sorry I don't know how to be a sexpot."
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Some days yes, some days no. Some days I feel sexy in my lounge pants and t-shirt with no makeup. Some days I feel like a cow no matter what I wear or how dolled up I am. This was true when I was young, it's true now that I'm not so young, it was true when I was overweight, it's true now that I'm not overweight. My mood drives how sexy I feel much more than what others think, how much I weigh or what I wear.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Not really. If i dont then i go get my hair cut or new clothes, go to the sex shop. Easy fix IMO! =)
  • Champion68
    Champion68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DeltaDiva5 you are so right on the money with your response. Work what you have and own it!! Yes!!!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sexy....what's that?... Not sure I've ever felt that way!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do all the time! Maybe because I was overweight and still dont have that confidence. I over analyze everything! Im my own worst critic! Now that Im over 40 its worse! Lines on my face, gray hair nad hair where I dont want it to be! !
  • ymiser24
    ymiser24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I definitely can relate to that. I have had 5 kids and after my third one I was 110 pounds and wore a size 1 in jeans. I can only dream of that weight. But I do remember just being so care free about the way I looked and felt. Now I have to really struggle to say that I feel or look sexy. But I really think that with my goals ahead and what I am doing on a daily basis I will gain back that sexiness. I also think it is a state of mind. I have seen really beautiful women who are bigger than I am currently and they have this essence about them. So I do believe it starts within and it is a combination of both physical and mental. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    There are always days where I might not feel optimal, but on those days, I go to the gym, do some exercise outdoors, eat well, etc and that makes me feel better. I don't think anyone feels sexy ALL the time, but I feel good about where I'm at most of the time.

Also it helps that when I'm at the gym I remind myself of parts of me I like (i.e. think to myself "my quads are getting way better!" during squats, etc). It helps me have a better, more positive body image.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    My Partner is going through this at the moment & although you might not want "guy input" here it comes. I Love her, do I wish she was healthier, YES, do I still wish to touch & make love to her OH BOY YES. I luv making out, touching & well you get the idea, I have a pretty high sex drive & she used to match if not exceed this. But a number of things have contributed to her lack of drive BUT it is the extra pounds that really concern her.

MY POINT - ladies your man loves you(unless he is a user, negative pig/you'll know the difference) & he STILL fancies you, yes a little bit because he is wired to get erect at a tree falling down BUT SERIOUSLY, he took care of himself before & during(when you're at work/asleep/cooking, etc) So if that is what he wanted he would leave you alone.

BUT HE WANTS YOU :)

Russ

This is lovely. :-)
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sexy is a state of mind. If you believe you're sexy, others will have no other choice but to respect it. Start with your thoughts and then align your body with them. I used to think I was sexy at 115 pounds. I'm well over that and KNOW I'm sexy! That's with 3 kids and a husband. He knows I'm sexy, too! ;)

^^^^This! You gotta stay sexy in the head to be sexy in body :happy:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The thinner I get the more I struggle with confidence. So I have to push those voices aside and just focus on my distance, my time, my strength and my overall health improvement with the hopes that the feeling good part will fall into place.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Definately! I sometimes wonder if my fiance has made the connection between the days that i'm eating clean and exercising are the nights I initiate sex and the days i'm doing awful are the nights i want to just go straight to bed lol.

This is true for me, too! it must be psychological or something but I feel more attractive on days I exercise and more overweight and frumpy on days I don't.
  • ymiser24
    ymiser24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I will say though that since I started my new routine. I no longer feel bloated and I no longer see my stomach going past my chest. It is amazing. I just have to work on toning up myself now. I have to invest in a yoga mat, jump rope, and medicine ball. I think these little things will get me there and then I can increase it as time goes on. Do you have an exercise program?
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've always felt this way!

Always been embaressed by the way I look and try my hardest to keep covered, or if I go out, I'll make an effort but still feel concious of the fact that I don't feel or look "sexy"
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I used to have a huge issue feeling sexy. But you know what? Fake it 'til you make it. If I make myself think that I'm sexy and pretty, soon, I start to believe it. So yeah, right now, I have no issues with feeling sexy.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    I don't know if Iv'e ever felt sexy. I do know that, at times, Iv'e felt bad *kitten*. Maybe once I get rid of this darn belly, sexiness will happen.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest weight, no, I did not feel sexy AT ALL. Now that I'm down some, I am starting to like myself again. And certain things will trigger me feeling absolutely HORRIBLE about myself (like yesterday when I tried on a pair of old jeans that I thought I might be able to squeeze into, and I wasn't even close....this shattered me for the rest of the day). Regardless, my husband tells me all the time he loves my body. I am TRYING to accept and believe that.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't feel sexy per se most of the time. I think that's more of a result of feeling like a giant nerd all of the time. I often say that I don't know how to be sexy.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Sexy has nothing to do with how you look. It's an atttitude. You have to exude confidence, even if you don't have it. Smile, smile, smile! Lean in, brush his arm, tell him he's sexy. Guys like to be hit on too. The more comfortable you get with it, the quicker they will respond. Trust me.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My Partner is going through this at the moment & although you might not want "guy input" here it comes. I Love her, do I wish she was healthier, YES, do I still wish to touch & make love to her OH BOY YES. I luv making out, touching & well you get the idea, I have a pretty high sex drive & she used to match if not exceed this. But a number of things have contributed to her lack of drive BUT it is the extra pounds that really concern her.

MY POINT - ladies your man loves you(unless he is a user, negative pig/you'll know the difference) & he STILL fancies you, yes a little bit because he is wired to get erect at a tree falling down BUT SERIOUSLY, he took care of himself before & during(when you're at work/asleep/cooking, etc) So if that is what he wanted he would leave you alone.

BUT HE WANTS YOU :)

Russ

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!