Does anyone else struggle to feel sexy?

Options

Replies

• rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    never have felt "sexy". im just "one of the guys" in most cases and i dont mind it :) sounds weird but i feel sexiest when im being competitive
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    me too! lol
    I'm too manly/metal etc to ever feel sexy or lady like. I listen to metal, lift weights, and walk around with pitbulls and rottweilers.... I feel like a man 24/7.. I have no women friends really, maybe one. lol but I'm always with guys.. it sucks, I want to feel lady like sometime, but my life just doesnt allow it haha
    Sexy....what's that?... Not sure I've ever felt that way!

ditto!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    never have felt "sexy". im just "one of the guys" in most cases and i dont mind it :) sounds weird but i feel sexiest when im being competitive

HAHA HOLY **** I JUST SAID THE SAME ****!
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    Never used to be an issue.. I was big and i didn't care.. If people didn't like me for who I was or for my size never bothered me..

And now I'm always wondering what I can do to make myself look/feel better but I'm dreading its never going to be enough..

Does anyone else feel like this? Or do you accept who you are/what you look like and just work towards a healthier body?

This is me-in a nutshell. Every so often I see a glimpse of something I like-but its immediately followed by a "but I hate this more" and "I've worked so hard and I still don't see what I want to see"
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    funny-cartoon-gifs-im-sexy-and-i-know-it.gif
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    YES!! Every damn day, but fake it till you make it, is what my mama always told me!!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing constantly. I am a huge product junkie because of it. To a bad extent. Make up, skin care, etc. I don't know, I guess I;m always trying to find the secret or something that will fix my hang ups..

And sometimes even still, I struggle to feel sexy. Sometimes the right TV Show will do that for me. :)
  • mcva929
    mcva929 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not really. If i dont then i go get my hair cut or new clothes, go to the sex shop. Easy fix IMO! =)

I really wish they had a "like" button for comments! I would have liked this a million times over ^^
  • zetsubou
    zetsubou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem with it, but recently struggling a lot with myself both physically and mentally.
    It's probably because I think about people and generally the meaning of life more often than other people. Plus I can't help it, but be cheerful all the time next to others, when usually I'm feeling pretty bad.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I recommend anyone who wants to feel accepted and sexy in their body join a burlesque class.

Or a belly dancing one!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty some days, but, never sexy. I struggle constantly with it. I don't feel right in my skin. I hate to see pictures of myself. My boyfriend thinks I am, and tells me so. I don't feel it though. I look in the mirror and cry. When I am in the shower, I cant look at myself.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    and, this why I am in therapy...
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it all the time . I mean i know my husband loves me but Eww i must look like a scraey thing at times ...I dont feel good enough around preety people i feel like a failure
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    and, this why I am in therapy...

^ me too. have been for years. I accept who I am but hate it at the same time. I feel sad when women talk about what they wish they're men looked like or talk about what they find sexy sometimes b/c it makes me feel as if I'll never reach a point in a relationship with someone where she truly wants me and doesnt wish i looked like someone else.

Sad sad....
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well I struggle to feel attractive but I'm not trying to be so sexy I guess... Sexy to me is one of those tricky terms. Basically I'm still trying to feel "pretty" first before I move on to trying to feel sexy.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it everyday! I've lost 30lbs but it doesn't change the fact my body is gross. I have a ton of extra skin and a torn muscle on my stomach. No matter what I do, only surgery will fix this. And it sucks that I will have to pay nearly $10,000 to find that happiness. :(
    Maybe when I have this done I will have days where I can honestly say I feel sexy. And beautiful. Cause I don't feel beautiful either. It's a tough way to live everyday.
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the stars align just right and you can't touch me I'm so sexy. Other times I'm insecure and judge myself based on what I think I should look like.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    YES!! Cuz I absolutely HATE my stomach and I associate a flat stomach with sexiness.....:ohwell:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    It changes from day to day. Sometimes I feel a million miles away from sexy, other days I wake up and feel really good about myself. It just depends on my mood, which in my opinion being sexy is definitely a state of mind. Even though my body has definitely changed for the better thus far, I am still self conscience about certain parts of it sometimes.

Sometimes I have an over inflated sense of ego about myself, I look at myself with that damn, you look good voice in my head. But other days I can look at myself when I am at my lowest mentally/emotionally and it's more like damn, you look like a big giant loser!

As always, we are our own worst enemies ...
  • yessiseguy
    Options
    you always want more :) you feel great and receive tons of compliments and that high is what motivates (at least me) to continue to want to look pretty or sexy.