Why Batman is not a super hero

Options

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    i consider "iron man" a super hero. tony stark without the armor is not.

In my opinion Iron Man / Tony Stark is just Marvel's obnoxious version of Batman / Bruce Wayne.

I think Iron man would beat the crap out of Batman, there, I said it!
    Put them both in an octagon and let them use only their "tool belt" supplies against each-other.

I'm willing to bet that Batman has an EMP and Magnet in his belt. LOL
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

In my opinion Iron Man / Tony Stark is just Marvel's obnoxious version of Batman / Bruce Wayne.

Put them both in an octagon and let them use only their "tool belt" supplies against each-other.

Iron Man would beat the **** outta him :o
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Iron Man has gone through an EMP before.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    At most Cap is a lower grade of Super Human, physically I mean. Again, love Cap. Tony the cyborg... I so need to start reading again. LOL! Need to checkout ole' Emma Frost and the X-men. :):heart:

... i came in here for two seconds to say something... and i read this... and now it's all Tony/Steve in my head.

so thank you for that.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options

Iron Man has gone through an EMP before.
    Like a boss
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    At most Cap is a lower grade of Super Human, physically I mean. Again, love Cap. Tony the cyborg... I so need to start reading again. LOL! Need to checkout ole' Emma Frost and the X-men. :):heart:

... i came in here for two seconds to say something... and i read this... and now it's all Tony/Steve in my head.

so thank you for that.

More Emma than the rest. LOL
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Men Batman vs Iron Man

Iron Man keeps checkin' out chicks
    Batman chucks a Bat-a-rang right at Iron Man's power supply
    Game Over
    Bruce Wayne takes Tony Stark's women.
  • ArnStar
    ArnStar Posts: 44
    Options
    Ok so after reading all the whole thread (30+ minutes, but what else am I going to do at work?), there was a point being made that Batman is not a superhero because he does not have super powers. However, there was an argument that Tony Stark / Iron Man is a super hero because of his Arc power source and Uni-Beam projection. If someone can please provide a credible source saying otherwise, I believe Tony Stark cannot shoot Uni-Beams from his chest without his suit, hence the removal of Tony Stark from superhero categorization. His chest reactor should be likened to a pacemaker or a car battery. Without the suit, he is just a regular man with extraordinary intellect and brilliance, as well as an overabundance of wealth.

Batman, or Bruce Wayne, stripped of his belt and suit, is also just a regular man with extraordinary intellect and brilliance, as well as an overabundance of wealth. Perhaps the fact that both Bruce and Tony clearly are able to access more of their human brain ability than average humans might make them 'super'. These two individuals' intellectual capability is far superior than 99% of the human population, but does being superior intellectually equate being 'super'? Using your brain to the maximum capability, or at least to a level above even a certain Kryptonian, should qualify as a power, if not a super power. Batman augments his intellect with tools that help him achieve his goals, just like Iron Man does. Batman has been dubbed 'the world's greatest detective', and that should qualify him as a super, right? Greatest, meaning there is nothing better. Top of the charts, second to none. Super? Quite possibly.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    *snort* this thread is still going on. I love it
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Men Batman vs Iron Man

Game Over

Iron Man would kick the crap out of Batman while he was checkin' out chicks!
    As much as I like Batman, I don't think he could take out Iron Man.

Both have very cool toys though.:wink:
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Men Batman vs Iron Man

Game Over

*Batman throws his little bat shaped boomerang
    Iron man: "Oh, look, 12 precision rockets straight from my shoulders"
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Men Batman vs Iron Man

Game Over

Or Batman uses his Bat Radio, calls Superman, woops Iron Man :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Iron man, now there's a super hero

Iron man would fall in the same class as Batman. Rich men with cool toys
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    This thread is truly epic!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Men Batman vs Iron Man

Game Over

Or Batman uses his Bat Radio, calls Superman, woops Iron Man :)
    Don't make me get the Kryptonite out
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Oh and P.S Batman has something Iron Man doesn't......

The boy wonder!!!! That's gotta be worth something! :) Holy repulsor rays Batman!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

so thank you for that.

More Emma than the rest. LOL

Emma/Storm would be hot... i need to find that. LOL.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Ok so after reading all the whole thread (30+ minutes, but what else am I going to do at work?), there was a point being made that Batman is not a superhero because he does not have super powers. However, there was an argument that Tony Stark / Iron Man is a super hero because of his Arc power source and Uni-Beam projection. If someone can please provide a credible source saying otherwise, I believe Tony Stark cannot shoot Uni-Beams from his chest without his suit, hence the removal of Tony Stark from superhero categorization. His chest reactor should be likened to a pacemaker or a car battery. Without the suit, he is just a regular man with extraordinary intellect and brilliance, as well as an overabundance of wealth.

Batman, or Bruce Wayne, stripped of his belt and suit, is also just a regular man with extraordinary intellect and brilliance, as well as an overabundance of wealth. Perhaps the fact that both Bruce and Tony clearly are able to access more of their human brain ability than average humans might make them 'super'. These two individuals' intellectual capability is far superior than 99% of the human population, but does being superior intellectually equate being 'super'? Using your brain to the maximum capability, or at least to a level above even a certain Kryptonian, should qualify as a power, if not a super power. Batman augments his intellect with tools that help him achieve his goals, just like Iron Man does. Batman has been dubbed 'the world's greatest detective', and that should qualify him as a super, right? Greatest, meaning there is nothing better. Top of the charts, second to none. Super? Quite possibly.
    Sorry about the confusion :) I was referring to his Extremis armor most of the time and when he was a cyborg. I would still consider Tony Stark a super hero, because of the fact that with his chest reactor, he is able to shoot uni-beams. In several issues was he able to control his suit with his mind/body. If you would like to debunk Tony Stark in order to accept that Batman is not a superhero, then that is fine. I will consider him a super hero nonetheless :p I won't argue that Batman is highly intelligent, but I will argue that his intelligence does not make him super.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    funny-superheroes.jpg?w=150&h=138
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    demotivational-posters-nailed-it1.jpg