Why Batman is not a super hero

Replies

• Doesn't matter... Jedi Master Yoda would *kitten* all of them up anyways. :laugh:

/loltroll

hmmm.... woud The Force qualify as a superpower? how many Midochlorians would you need for it to qualify?

Oooo good one... are Jedi's superheros??
    And what about super villians? Do you have to have evil powers to be a supervillian?

Yes. It's the whole point of "super". Taskmaster: super villain. Mastermind: super villain....... (No not the Will Farrel movie, the Marvel guy) Any guy who robs people: villain

HAHA Will Ferrell... what about Bane? He uses venom to get that strong... does that make him super or just human?

Previously stated, he is superhuman.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    [/quote]

Romeo was also a villian. according to Tybolt.
    [/quote]

I had a cat named Tybalt
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    In defence of the Lanterns (of all colours), they are chosen. The ring doesn't find just anyone; in my mind, that makes them more than your average Joe (with or without money). Ergo, they are not in the same category as Batman.
  • In defence of the Lanterns (of all colours), they are chosen. The ring doesn't find just anyone; in my mind, that makes them more than your average Joe (with or without money). Ergo, they are not in the same category as Batman.

Yeah... I'm just not a huge fan of the Green Lanterns... I read some Hal Jordan comics about him being Parallax and just thought it was corny, lol. Great points in differences you made.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't know about you, but I've never seen Bruce Wayne control anything with his mind, let alone the Iron Man armor. :\

Tony doesn't control the Extremis Armor with his mind.

"The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones, and the personal area networking implement used to control it is implanted in his forearm, and connected directly to his central nervous system, making Stark essentially a cyborg." from Wiki.

it's still tech. it's still not a shift of DNA. he's still not a Meta.

Yes..... He could control the suit with his mind... I don't need google to tell you that, I read his comics lol.

so did I, but i didn't remember him ever controlling the suit with his mind. he doesn't. and after the mind wipe, i don't think he'd be capable of it anyway.
  • maab_connor
    Romeo was also a villian. according to Tybolt.

--_____----

hey, come on, i just busted out the Shakespeare joke. worth a chortle at least.
  • I don't know about you, but I've never seen Bruce Wayne control anything with his mind, let alone the Iron Man armor. :\

"The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones, and the personal area networking implement used to control it is implanted in his forearm, and connected directly to his central nervous system, making Stark essentially a cyborg." from Wiki.

Yes..... He could control the suit with his mind... I don't need google to tell you that, I read his comics lol.

so did I, but i didn't remember him ever controlling the suit with his mind. he doesn't. and after the mind wipe, i don't think he'd be capable of it anyway.

True. Great point. He did control it though, without even being inside of it. Tony Stark possesses super human abilities with the technology that is in his body- he is more or less a cyborg. If you want to consider the Extremis armor, he is a Cyborg.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    Whoa whoa, whoa. If Batman had a plan and time, he would tromp Superman's *kitten*. His brain is superhero enough! He is the master of plans!
  • beatleschic87
    Doesn't matter... Jedi Master Yoda would *kitten* all of them up anyways. :laugh:

/loltroll

hmmm.... woud The Force qualify as a superpower? how many Midochlorians would you need for it to qualify?

And what about super villians? Do you have to have evil powers to be a supervillian?

Yes. It's the whole point of "super". Taskmaster: super villain. Mastermind: super villain....... (No not the Will Farrel movie, the Marvel guy) Any guy who robs people: villain

HAHA Will Ferrell... what about Bane? He uses venom to get that strong... does that make him super or just human?

Okay so you can be superhuman without DNA altercation?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    All these beautiful women arguing about comics...

OH *kitten*! I'm dead aren't I? I didn't even feel it happen...
  • Back to topic: why Batman is not a super hero

Dictionary.com :
    "superhero (ˈsuːpəˌhɪərəʊ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

— n , pl -roes
    any of various comic-strip characters with superhuman abilities or magical powers, wearing a distinctive costume, and fighting against evil "

Even the dictionary declines Batman :O
  • maab_connor
    I don't know about you, but I've never seen Bruce Wayne control anything with his mind, let alone the Iron Man armor. :\

True. Great point. He did control it though, without even being inside of it. Tony Stark possesses super human abilities with the technology that is in his body- he is more or less a cyborg. If you want to consider the Extremis armor, he is a Cyborg.

but even a cyborg isn't a Meta. Doc Oc isn't Meta either, and he's basically a cyborg.
  • Doesn't matter... Jedi Master Yoda would *kitten* all of them up anyways. :laugh:

/loltroll

Okay so you can be superhuman without DNA altercation?

/sigh this is a cycle. please reference previous pages or even some comics. Bane is part of SSSS and does possess super human strength.
  • I don't know about you, but I've never seen Bruce Wayne control anything with his mind, let alone the Iron Man armor. :\

but even a cyborg isn't a Meta. Doc Oc isn't Meta either, and he's basically a cyborg.

Seriously? Half-human half-robot not super human?
  • beatleschic87
    All these beautiful women arguing about comics...

OH *kitten*! I'm dead aren't I? I didn't even feel it happen...

Used to be a fat nerd... now I'm becoming a hot nerd. But once a nerd... always a nerd :wink:
  • maab_connor
    Back to topic: why Batman is not a super hero

Dictionary.com :

— n , pl -roes
    any of various comic-strip characters with superhuman abilities or magical powers, wearing a distinctive costume, and fighting against evil "

it also declines Tony.

just sayin'.
  • beatleschic87
    Back to topic: why Batman is not a super hero

Dictionary.com :

— n , pl -roes

it also declines Tony.

just sayin'.

ZIIING!!!
  • Back to topic: why Batman is not a super hero

Dictionary.com :

— n , pl -roes

it also declines Tony.

just sayin'.
    -_-

This is not about Tony Stark/Iron Man. I will make a thread on Why Tony Stark is a super hero, if you'd like. Tony has superhuman abilities due to his chest and could control body armor with his mind. What more do you want! lol
  • maab_connor

Seriously? Half-human half-robot not super human?

no, it's technically not. it doesn't change the DNA of the human into a metahuman.
  • Indy_Mario
    Indy_Mario Posts: 532 Member
    What more do you want! lol
    Honestly, I pretty much want you right now!