Why Batman is not a super hero

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    OH! i just thought of this. In the begining of the Batman Beyond arc, Bruce puts down the suit b/c he's getting too old for it. When Terry McGinnis comes in and steals it, he notices the enhanced strength.

so, by your argument that Tony Stark counts as Super - Batman would HAVE to when he makes the enhanced suit in the future.

that's why comics will getcha. there's an arc for every arguement. LOL

No.. Batman does not have an enhanced strength suit. My argument was about Tony Stark's ability to live off of a chest reactor...

not NOW. but in Batman Beyond he did. therefore Future!Batman has it.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    The topic of this post should have been "How to blaspheme an incredible superhero"

Would you care to explain why its blaspheme? O_o

Becuase he's the most bad *kitten* SUPERhero of all time... he doesn't need super "powers"
    He uses his brain to create something that is tangible and kick *kitten* and he does a great job doing it.
    Also his alias is perfect. No one would think of a multimillionaire becoming a vigilante. People would think "he has better things to do"
    But no... Batman is the best. He would DESTROY Superman in anyfight.
  • maab_connor
    41004.jpg

btw, Batman and Superman had a special bromance issue once.

Clark/Bruce is canon a lot.
  • beatleschic87
    Peter Parker had a spider bite him and turn him into a super human. Tony Stark had a near death experience and technology save his life- which made him a super human. Batman .....no.

Technology HE made and invented.
    So your argument is that one can manufacture themselves super human? What's the difference between that and Batman constructing a suit to make himself superhuman? If you're going to argue that they have to be mutated to have super powers (ie Peter Parker, Superman) then you need to exclude Tony Stark out of the argument. He and batman are one in the same.
  • Peter Parker had a spider bite him and turn him into a super human. Tony Stark had a near death experience and technology save his life- which made him a super human. Batman .....no.

NO the technology itself did NOT save Tony Stark... The tech in the hands of a gifted scientist saved Tonys life.. If I had to say who was the Hero .. Id have to side with the Dr that saved his lfe NOT Tony... once again saying that metapower does NOT a hero make
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Well, if you want to get your geek on..

Iron Man would fall into the same category as Batman - Just a guy with money.
    Also, what about the green lanterns - they don't have super powers, they just possess alien technology.

Someone with the facts, here. You must leave the forums immediately!

Although I'm a fan of vigilantes, too. Batman is Clint Eastwood with money. He bought his way into the Justice League, I'm sure.
  • The topic of this post should have been "How to blaspheme an incredible superhero"

Becuase he's the most bad *kitten* SUPERhero of all time... he doesn't need super "powers"
    He uses his brain to create something that is tangible and kick *kitten* and he does a great job doing it.
    Also his alias is perfect. No one would think of a multimillionaire becoming a vigilante. People would think "he has better things to do"

I did say that he would destroy Superman, yes. That's about it. Bring him to Marvel and Hulk almost broke him in two, not to mention what any one of the Avengers (Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thor, EVEN BLACK WIDOW) would do to him.

How does one not need to be super in order to be a superhero? That leaves Batman a hero/vigilante. Batman is a vulnerable human.
  • Well, if you want to get your geek on..

Also, what about the green lanterns - they don't have super powers, they just possess alien technology.

Although I'm a fan of vigilantes, too. Batman is Clint Eastwood with money. He bought his way into the Justice League, I'm sure.

Im sorry but no .. the Justice league was formed BEFORE he was a member... After superman figured out his identity an invitation was extended by non other than the man of steel himself
  • Peter Parker had a spider bite him and turn him into a super human. Tony Stark had a near death experience and technology save his life- which made him a super human. Batman .....no.

NO the technology itself did NOT save Tony Stark... The tech in the hands of a gifted scientist saved Tonys life.. If I had to say who was the Hero .. Id have to side with the Dr that saved his lfe NOT Tony... once again saying that metapower does NOT a hero make

Yes...... I skipped the theatrics and went with a small explanation of Tony Stark's background. I don't know how many threads it would take or comic issues I would have to bring up. Are you indicating now that Tony is not even a hero? Lol, Tony Stark is super HUMAN because of his chest reactor.
  • maab_connor
    Peter Parker had a spider bite him and turn him into a super human. Tony Stark had a near death experience and technology save his life- which made him a super human. Batman .....no.

Yes...... I skipped the theatrics and went with a small explanation of Tony Stark's background. I don't know how many threads it would take or comic issues I would have to bring up. Are you indicating now that Tony is not even a hero? Lol, Tony Stark is super HUMAN because of his chest reactor.

but the chest reactor doesn't change his DNA. it doesn't make him meta.

i think the problem that a lot of us are having is that you're arguing that meta=super and not meta = not super. if Tony isn't Meta, he isn't Super.

Technology HE made and invented.
    So your argument is that one can manufacture themselves super human? What's the difference between that and Batman constructing a suit to make himself superhuman? If you're going to argue that they have to be mutated to have super powers (ie Peter Parker, Superman) then you need to exclude Tony Stark out of the argument. He and batman are one in the same.

I'm just gonna say it again... Once Batman LIVES off of a chest reactor and can shoot uni-beams and smart bombs from his CHEST alone, then I will say he is "super". Tony Stark/Iron Man is a super human superhero.
  • beatleschic87
    The topic of this post should have been "How to blaspheme an incredible superhero"

I did say that he would destroy Superman, yes. That's about it. Bring him to Marvel and Hulk almost broke him in two, not to mention what any one of the Avengers (Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thor, EVEN BLACK WIDOW) would do to him.

How does one not need to be super in order to be a superhero? That leaves Batman a hero/vigilante. Batman is a vulnerable human.

One can be "super" and be a super hero... I'm just saying that, per YOUR argument the lack of "super" capabilities negates the status of a true super hero, its false. You don't have to be a mutant to fall into the categories as the other guys but if you are going to categorize Tony Stark as a superhero and not Batman? You're nuts.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Well, if you want to get your geek on..

Im sorry but no .. the Justice league was formed BEFORE he was a member... After superman figured out his identity an invitation was extended by non other than the man of steel himself

I know. It was a joke, about a very serious subject. My apologies.

I am not a Superman fan either. But I can't deny his superhero-ness.
  • beatleschic87

i think the problem that a lot of us are having is that you're arguing that meta=super and not meta = not super. if Tony isn't Meta, he isn't Super.

Finally someone who can argue and make sense!

I think you're missing the point I was making. Tony Stark is super human. IRON MAN is a superhero. Tony Stark is Iron Man, which makes him a superhero.
  • maab_connor

I think you're missing the point I was making. Tony Stark is super human. IRON MAN is a superhero. Tony Stark is Iron Man, which makes him a superhero.

Tony is NOT super human. he is human w/ a peice of tech that powers another peice of tech.

if a pacemaker could run your car, would you be superhuman? no. awesome? YES.
  • The topic of this post should have been "How to blaspheme an incredible superhero"

One can be "super" and be a super hero... I'm just saying that, per YOUR argument the lack of "super" capabilities negates the status of a true super hero, its false. You don't have to be a mutant to fall into the categories as the other guys but if you are going to categorize Tony Stark as a superhero and not Batman? You're nuts.

U mad? Lol. You ignore all other facts in this thread, and you keep saying the same thing...
  • He does have a super power...money. He is super rich =)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    If you fight crime in a costume in the pages of a comic book I put you down in the super hero column.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Doesn't matter... Jedi Master Yoda would *kitten* all of them up anyways. :laugh:

/loltroll