Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Down with Justice League.

LONG LIVE MARVEL!!!
    Thank you.
  • :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Would Bane be considered "super"??
    do you have to be born a "super" or can you become one?

Spider man became a super.. You don't have to be born into it. I would consider Bane a super-villain yes. Isn't he apart of the SSSS?

HAH!!! I caught you in your own words... Bane is only super becuase of the steroid Venom... a product of TECHNOLOGY!! :laugh:

Yes, if Batman were to INJECT himself with it, then he would be super. >_< Just as if he were to get blown up and have a chest reactor, he would be super. But he has none of the above.

but there is no proof that he's NOT meta.

What would qualify him has super?

Spider man became a super.. You don't have to be born into it. I would consider Bane a super-villain yes. Isn't he apart of the SSSS?

HAH!!! I caught you in your own words... Bane is only super becuase of the steroid Venom... a product of TECHNOLOGY!! :laugh:

Yes, if Batman were to INJECT himself with it, then he would be super. >_< Just as if he were to get blown up and have a chest reactor, he would be super. But he has none of the above.

I think this line is getting a little blured .. Does being a "metahuman" make a superhero or can a person with superior tech become a superhero too ? Or are you saying that the person with superior tech ... the tech has to somehow modify his physiology to make him a superhero ?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    ...but the Wonder Twins

FORM OF...a bucket of ICE!

Take that!

I think this line is getting a little blured .. Does being a "metahuman" make a superhero or can a person with superior tech become a superhero too ? Or are you saying that the person with superior tech ... the tech has to somehow modify his physiology to make him a superhero ?

The technology has to modify his physiology to make him a superhero. Batman carries gadgets and is very technology suave; however, nothing alters him.
  • By the true definition he is not a Superhero...really he is just a vigilante. That being said, in a lot of people's eyes he is the true superhero because even without super powers he saves the day! LOL

^^ THIS!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Love it. Batman would tear Superman apart, but that's not debatable- it's already happened and even Superman admitted it. Superman is badass too and one of the most symbolic characters in any comic; however, Batman's got this.

129174603779969754.jpg

Yeah, we all know who would "top" in that relationship...

*high five* we made the same joke.

*twin powers ACTIVATE* I totally missed that you'd said it.
  • You know how lame Ant Man is? He is still a super hero.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

like i said earlier - he and Lex are on par for intelligence. it's been foreshadowed in real canon (and was canon in Smallville, if you like that pretty drivvel) that Lex's intelligence is Meta. it can be argued that Bruce's is too.

plus, you can't tell me that his level of -pardon the pun- batsh!t crazy obsession isn't Meta of some variety.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    You have a point.
    The character Sheldon on Big Bang Theory said that to be Batman he would only need more capital funding.
    Think of Batman like most characters in Watchmen. They are not "magical" but they are at an extreme of ability.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Nope - I don't get it.

Bio-tech (be it electronic implants - Tony Stark, of physical enhancement - Captain America) = super hero
    Exo-tech (Anything not physically part of you) = You ain't super

What was the verdict on green lantern?
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    I'm still going to disagree that Iron Man counts if Green Lanterns don't count. Both of them would be useless without their piece of technology. And, in fact, Iron Man's reactor isn't even alien technology - he made it himself. The reactor doesn't give him super powers either, it's just a huge energy source that powers things around him (aka his suit). Had he not needed it to survive, he could have easily made one and just put it into the suit.

Sorry, but Iron Man definitely falls into the same category as Batman.
  • He is a vigilante. I thought everyone knew that.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    FREAKAZOID.gif

Freakazoid is always a superhero in my book.

• but there is no proof that he's NOT meta.

like i said earlier - he and Lex are on par for intelligence. it's been foreshadowed in real canon (and was canon in Smallville, if you like that pretty drivvel) that Lex's intelligence is Meta. it can be argued that Bruce's is too.

plus, you can't tell me that his level of -pardon the pun- batsh!t crazy obsession isn't Meta of some variety.

I didn't catch it earlier, sorry :) Personally, I don't consider Batman's intelligence to be super at all. I think a lot of people will agree with me there.
  • Nope - I don't get it.

Bio-tech (be it electronic implants - Tony Stark, of physical enhancement - Captain America) = super hero
    Exo-tech (Anything not physically part of you) = You ain't super

What was the verdict on green lantern?

Green Lantern is now Parallax right? He's super-villain. Suck it. I hate DC, lol. Are you going to argue that Spider Man is not a super hero as well?
  • I'm gonna pick up my 3 year old from school- continue arguments please :) This is actually fun to me.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Eff all y'all. I have a close personal friend who knows Super Grover. Ha! Take THAT b*tches.

This made me LOL!!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

I didn't catch it earlier, sorry :) Personally, I don't consider Batman's intelligence to be super at all. I think a lot of people will agree with me there.

and i understand the reason that DC never even wants to foreshadow that he is Meta. doesn't mean that the argument can't be made. IF the only way for Lex to be that smart is for Lex to be Meta, THEN Bruce would also have to be Meta.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    I think Green Lantern is a role, not even a specific person....

Anyway, my point is its all a big grey area and as such I'm happy to call Batman a superhero just because he wears a cool costume and beats up super villains.