MFP and McDonald's??

Options
1235»

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    @BrettPGH, i could have written ALL of your post. YUM! BDC!

you look great, btw. keep it up! :)

:embarassed: :blushing: Thank you very much!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    A side note to people with ad blockers: You realize that ads are the only thing that keeps the internet free? Unless you want to pay $10 a month to use MFP, do your part and lets sites show you annoying ads that help keep them up and running.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try these: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adblock

The first 5 results cover very good ad-block plugins for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    well lets be real:0) McDonalds is a part of life, we as the over wieght, just have to be strong enough to make smart choices when there. Hardest thing ever was to order the oatmeal instead of the mc muffin i so love. That oatmeal was sooo good, it really was:0) great now i want micky d's

I hate to break it to you but that oatmeal isn't much better for you than the egg mcmuffin. It's chock full of added sugar. Even the salads and wraps at McDonalds aren't exactly healthy. I would stay away from McDonalds at all costs; I wouldn't go more than once every two weeks. I used to get an egg mcmuffin and a large coke every morning for breakfast. Now, I haven't gone there in more than three weeks. I have a goal to go an entire year. There is nothing there that I need.
    You can order the oatmeal without brown sugar and fruit. Most of the sugar comes from the fruit (particularly the raisins).
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not breaking anything to me:0) As a certified "Lunch Lady" very aware. Anything you dont have to personally wash, cut, and cook isnt going to be your best choice, However i find its the little things that add up to our success:0) I dont live near fast food so it is a treat, and would be very easy to just choose without thinking but it made me feel good that day. It showed my kids/ family, i was/am making a change in my life. I did have them ommit the cream they put in it:0)
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    agree but i want 2 mc muffins and a hashbrown:0) so the oat meal was very filling:0)
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see an add for food than those nasty fungus toenail ads. I have to remind myself not to eat while on MFP otherwise I may run into them. Totally makes me nauseous and I definintely don't want to buy anything they are selling!!!
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, if people can be so easily influenced by advertising, then they probably would be better living in caves, the world is plastered with advertisements!

I don't care what ads there are, they keep sites free and if you're really bothered about seeing them, just download the free ad-blocker tool which can be added on to most web browsers!
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just saw an add for McDonald's on here.....seriously?? For a website that is here to help people live a healthier lifestyle, I can't believe they would be promoting Mc Donald's!! SMH

It's not the way it works, the ads here are based on cookies save on your computer, so that means you must of searched for something McDonalds related the ad choice sees the cookies from McDonalds and puts ads up based on them because they think you like it. I did a search for Beavis and Butthead a few days ago and i got beavis and butthead DVD ads!

(delete the cookies and the ads related McDonald's will go away)

Yep you're right there, dude.
    Quite ironic for the OP!
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just saw an add for McDonald's on here.....seriously?? For a website that is here to help people live a healthier lifestyle, I can't believe they would be promoting Mc Donald's!! SMH

It's not the way it works, the ads here are based on cookies save on your computer, so that means you must of searched for something McDonalds related the ad choice sees the cookies from McDonalds and puts ads up based on them because they think you like it. I did a search for Beavis and Butthead a few days ago and i got beavis and butthead DVD ads!

Yep you're right there, dude.
    Quite ironic for the OP!

I am the OP, and Just FYI, I eat clean. I don't do McDonalds and don't google them or go to their website so no, not every ad that is displayed is from a site you googled or have been too.....i.e. the ad right now is for Cenegenics??? Whatever that is. Whatever it is, it is a site I have never been too, which blows the theory that EVERY add is from a site you googled. Are some ads from sites you visited, sure, but are all the ads from your visited sites, no. In fact, the only ad I have seen today that was a site I actually went to was from my bank.

And no, the ad itself doesn't bother me, I dont like McDonalds so it is not like it's tempting me to slip up or anything. I only posted because I thought it was ironic that a health site would have ad from a place that is def. not the healthiest to eat at. That's it. period. I didn't know the ads were google ads and not from MFP. So now that I know that, I have no issue.

Don't understand all the negativity on here. Why the need to attack me? I simply found it ironic, so I posted. Won't happen again.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out, after four pages, what the big deal is. they serve hundreds of food combinations. pick one that works for you or don't go there. because mcdonald's is fine to eat at, as long as you know what you are eating and it fits in your caloric intake for the day.

matter of fact, I think I'll go to burger king tonight.
    (eek. I said burger king. maybe you'll get to see their ad now!)
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Don't understand all the negativity on here. Why the need to attack me? I simply found it ironic, so I posted. Won't happen again.

Just to clarify (and speaking only for myself) - I certainly didn't mean to attack you in any way and hope my messages weren't read as such. I just wanted to point out that MFP isn't responsible for the ads and that they are tailored based on your internet activity. That certainly doesn't mean that they are all based on your past Google searches, but many of them are; the rest are the marketing geniuses taking their best guess at what you'd be interested in, as informed by your searches, which sites you visit. etc. And they do indeed get it wrong sometimes!

My apologies if my posts came across as attacks at all; these MFP boards can certainly be a rough place filled with many an angry villager! :wink:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out, after four pages, what the big deal is. they serve hundreds of food combinations. pick one that works for you or don't go there. because mcdonald's is fine to eat at, as long as you know what you are eating and it fits in your caloric intake for the day.

matter of fact, I think I'll go to burger king tonight.
    (eek. I said burger king. maybe you'll get to see their ad now!)

yup. I went to the king. it was good. and I discovered the strawberry sundae is not only delicious, but easy on the calorie counter. I will still finish under my goal today. life is good.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

You_you_eated_my_cookie_873.jpg